Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moore is who I would be chasing hard to parter up with mccartin and in rampes final year

Perfect age bracket and don’t have to give up a pick

When on the park he can be elite and you need a defence to win a flag
Every year the premiers have their defence ranked in the top 3 in the league. You usually need to have an elite defence to win the flag. For this reason, I think that we have the most of the pieces in place for a real tilt, however that 'elite' (I hate that term!) defender is probably the last piece to fall into place now. Moore would be great (if he can stay on the field) and I see Sicily as being on the same trajectory as Moore, only a bit behind him at the moment. Sicily may also be cheaper.
Besides, I think it would be poetic to replace one ex-hawk when he retires with another one.

Every year the premiers have their defence ranked in the top 3 in the league. You usually need to have an elite defence to win the flag. For this reason, I think that we have the most of the pieces in place for a real tilt, however that 'elite' (I hate that term!) defender is probably the last piece to fall into place now. Moore would be great (if he can stay on the field) and I see Sicily as being on the same trajectory as Moore, only a bit behind him at the moment. Sicily may also be cheaper.
Besides, I think it would be poetic to replace one ex-hawk when he retires with another one.
Agree with what you say about a strong defender being the final piece of the puzzle, but I wouldn't have thought Sicily to be the answer, as good a player as he is and I definitely wouldn't say no if he said he wanted to become a Swan, but I thought he would be a little on the short side to be a true KPD in the mould of Moore or Rance.
And yes, I do realise that Leapin' was shorter still, but he's more the exception rather than the rule.

I have a funny little "Heeney for Brownlow" story.

A couple of months ago I had a dream that Heeney won the Brownlow. I'm not a dreamer as a general rule and the few I have are usually nonsensical and when I wake I can't remember much about them, but this one was crystal clear and the next morning I could remember every detail clearly. When I was telling my daughter about it, she made a joke that I should put a couple of bucks on him, we had a laugh and then it was forgotten.
About two weeks later the story came out about Longmire giving him more time in the middle, so I thought what the heck! Now I am anything but a gambler and had absolutely no idea how to go about such a thing, so I got my husband to open a Ladbrokes account for me and I put $100 on him to win it at $201, so if he does win and I ride it throughout the year, I'll win $20,100!!!
Of course if he's travelling okay a couple of weeks in and they offer me $500 cash back, ka-ching! My gambling days will be over and I'll be a happy old girl.

My favourite part of this telling your husband.

"Today I'm trying gambling, give me $100"

It seems every time the question is asked "Who is impressing in pre-season?" Dylan Stephens is nominated.

I know he divides opinion on this Board, but it's clear he's put in the work and given the praise for him, I'd be surprised if he is not the team come RD 1.
Then it's all up to him, but to use the old cliche he appears to be leaving no stone unturned.

It seems every time the question is asked "Who is impressing in pre-season?" Dylan Stephens is nominated.

I know he divides opinion on this Board, but it's clear he's put in the work and given the praise for him, I'd be surprised if he is not the team come RD 1.
Then it's all up to him, but to use the old cliche he appears to be leaving no stone unturned.

Not to mention 3 mids missing the match-sims all but confirms even God wants Stephens in the round 1 side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get the anti Stephens on here. Look at the guy that defected to Adelaide. He was in the Ressies for 3 years.
I think with our list and its maturity that players brought into the club should expect to be in the ressies for 2 years before they can expect an AFL game.
Sheldrick, Roberts may have other ideas.
But we should give players time to develop.

I don't get the anti Stephens on here. Look at the guy that defected to Adelaide. He was in the Ressies for 3 years.
I think with our list and its maturity that players brought into the club should expect to be in the ressies for 2 years before they can expect an AFL game.
Sheldrick, Roberts may have other ideas.
But we should give players time to develop.
I agree but there's different expectations around early picks. After a couple of seasons you'd like to be confident a first rounder is going to make the grade.
Recruiters know that later picks probably have some weaknesses and will take time to develop.
If Dyl develops into a regular senior player I'll be happy.

14FEB22: Flaws lazybits/ Fox Sports
The flaw your team must overcome...
A reasonable take that if we don't lose the four games we should have won (including the EF) things could have been very different and that we need to sort out why that happened and overcome it in order to improve.
I have no doubt that Horse is right to focus on contested ball as one issue but I wonder as to the rest.
I was at the Hawks game. We had been using Dawson in particular to kick long over half back which had been working really well. Hawks stationed McEvoy and Ceglar on each side of the ground and choked us. We couldn't outmark them. We seemed to have no plan B. We developed one pretty quickly which worked very well, running the ball out much more, moving McInerney and Blakey back.
That game IMO we were outcoached.
The EF we choked. Two key leaders missing?
The Saints and GC games I don't know.

A reasonable take that if we don't lose the four games we should have won (including the EF) things could have been very different and that we need to sort out why that happened and overcome it in order to improve.
I have no doubt that Horse is right to focus on contested ball as one issue but I wonder as to the rest.
I was at the Hawks game. We had been using Dawson in particular to kick long over half back which had been working really well. Hawks stationed McEvoy and Ceglar on each side of the ground and choked us. We couldn't outmark them. We seemed to have no plan B. We developed one pretty quickly which worked very well, running the ball out much more, moving McInerney and Blakey back.
That game IMO we were outcoached.
The EF we choked. Two key leaders missing?
The Saints and GC games I don't know.

I think the Hawthorn game was difficult to judge. We were limping into the bye while they'd just come off their bye.

14FEB22: 5 Burning Questions Swans/Zero Hanger
Well that's interesting!
Paddy to play second tall forward
Hicks and Ladhams to 50:50 ruck duties
Campbell and Cunningham to push further up the ground to replace Dawson and even Hewett, disrupting our back six.
Lloyd and Rampe aging.
What a waste of electrons!
Doubt this fellow has ever left his mum's basement in Melbourne.

Well that's interesting!
Paddy to play second tall forward
Hicks and Ladhams to 50:50 ruck duties
Campbell and Cunningham to push further up the ground to replace Dawson and even Hewett, disrupting our back six.
Lloyd and Rampe aging.
What a waste of electrons!
Doubt this fellow has ever left his mum's basement in Melbourne.
That's why i rarely read this crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back