Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you both talking about Heeney or McDonald, or are one of you talking about Heeney and the other McDonald?

I was talking about McDonald but I see now that Punts was probably referring to Heeney. Both were referred to as "in talks" so I got them mixed up.

Still got some priority signings to get through this year.

If you take out Kennedy, Naismith, Reid, Taylor. You'd be thinking the club would be asking Buddy to confirm if he's prepared to go another year fairly soon-ish in order to complete their planning.

Still got some priority signings to get through this year.

If you take out Kennedy, Naismith, Reid, Taylor. You'd be thinking the club would be asking Buddy to confirm if he's prepared to go another year fairly soon-ish in order to complete their planning.

Interesting list there. Of the FAs at other clubs, the most interest I would have is for Moore and Sicily (although I see that Mason Wood qualifies...).

Interesting list there. Of the FAs at other clubs, the most interest I would have is for Moore and Sicily (although I see that Mason Wood qualifies...).
I know where you're coming from, but its a 'no thanks' to both..
We've got plenty of young guys that can play Sicily role ( and maybe better)
Moore is an amazing talent , but very expensive and ALWAYS Injured. Wait and see what Paddy Mac can do.

Also, I reckon we save our cash for the next crop. Plenty of 1st - 4th year players that will want more money, and that we'll want to keep.
Im liking the idea of the 25-26 yo's Mills, Heeney, Paps being the senior guys in 3 years time.. Maybe Paddy joins them.. Really bummed losing Dawson

I know where you're coming from, but its a 'no thanks' to both..
We've got plenty of young guys that can play Sicily role ( and maybe better)
Moore is an amazing talent , but very expensive and ALWAYS Injured. Wait and see what Paddy Mac can do.

Also, I reckon we save our cash for the next crop. Plenty of 1st - 4th year players that will want more money, and that we'll want to keep.
Im liking the idea of the 25-26 yo's Mills, Heeney, Paps being the senior guys in 3 years time.. Maybe Paddy joins them.. Really bummed losing Dawson

With all due respect, who do you think we have that is equal to, and could be better than Sicily?
Mills, as a defender, is the only one that even gets close imo. Rampe looking past it… Tommy shown a bit… a tiny little bit… Paddy untried… and Melican who, if many on this forum had their way, wouldn’t even be on our list. Fox… Sicily…. Fox…Sicily… think James wins that one too. Help me out here… I must’ve forgotten somebody

I get that the “No Dickheads” policy comes into play but to say we have his role covered seems pretty optimistic imo

With all due respect, who do you think we have that is equal to, and could be better than Sicily?
Mills, as a defender, is the only one that even gets close imo. Rampe looking past it… Tommy shown a bit… a tiny little bit… Paddy untried… and Melican who, if many on this forum had their way, wouldn’t even be on our list. Fox… Sicily…. Fox…Sicily… think James wins that one too. Help me out here… I must’ve forgotten somebody

I get that the “No Dickheads” policy comes into play but to say we have his role covered seems pretty optimistic imo
Yep.. I dont see Sicily as a key defender - therefore, I wasn't comparing to Melican, Paddy, Tom Mac etc
I see as as a more general / attacking defender,, and in that regard we have Blakey, McInerney, even Campbell playing that role. They may not be as good now, but may be better in the future ??

I was really saying that Im keen on keeping the draftees than over paying (as we need to do to get them) free agents. I reckon theres truck-loads of talent in the 1st - 4th year players that the coaches can develop.. and talent that can fill most, if not, all roles
Also was commenting on the list build.. and the core of 25-26 yo's that will take us into the future (maybe the no dickhead policy applies?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pretty good injury list at the moment.. fingers crossed
Florent will be fine
Sheather may mean he'll debut later in the season - theres no rush there
Rowbum.. Broke his finger which is better than knee, ankle, foot, shoulder etc etc etc
Mills.. not quite back, but getting closer

Moore is who I would be chasing hard to parter up with mccartin and in rampes final year

Perfect age bracket and don’t have to give up a pick

When on the park he can be elite and you need a defence to win a flag
Yep, I here you... and agree.
Its just such a big risk.
If Moore was to come over as a free agent, he would be on BIG dollars and for a long time 4-5 years
I dont think hes ever played a full season ?? often missing 5-10 weeks

But agree in that a gun tall defender would be awesome and seriously improve our shot at a flag

Yep.. I dont see Sicily as a key defender - therefore, I wasn't comparing to Melican, Paddy, Tom Mac etc
I see as as a more general / attacking defender,, and in that regard we have Blakey, McInerney, even Campbell playing that role. They may not be as good now, but may be better in the future ??

I was really saying that Im keen on keeping the draftees than over paying (as we need to do to get them) free agents. I reckon theres truck-loads of talent in the 1st - 4th year players that the coaches can develop.. and talent that can fill most, if not, all roles
Also was commenting on the list build.. and the core of 25-26 yo's that will take us into the future (maybe the no dickhead policy applies?)
I would have been rapt to have gotten Tom Barrass. Can play hard lockdown or zone off. Weitering if he was available. May for sure. One or two others who really defend. Moore has the talent but injuries vs money? Plus he bleeds black and white.
Sicily is icing rather than the cake. Good for a team right in their window with a nice spot for him but not really a great fit for us IMO.

Paddys last senior afl game was in 2018 , that’s a long time

I will be very surprised if he even gets a game to be honest

Worth the rush I guess

I'll be surprised if Paddy doesn't get a game. As far as I can tell we've signed him to our senior list (not as a rookie - despite signing him in SSP which is mostly for rookie picks). These days which list you're on doesn't mean much, except that I think it shows that our commitment to him is serious and we intend him to have a role and to play seniors. Plus we have a clear need for another key defender and Paddy is the perfect age, big body and has lots of great skills if he can stay on the park.

I'll be surprised if Paddy doesn't get a game. As far as I can tell we've signed him to our senior list (not as a rookie - despite signing him in SSP which is mostly for rookie picks). These days which list you're on doesn't mean much, except that I think it shows that our commitment to him is serious and we intend him to have a role and to play seniors. Plus we have a clear need for another key defender and Paddy is the perfect age, big body and has lots of great skills if he can stay on the park.
He signed as a rookie.. doesn't mean anything different.. he can still play
Paddys last senior afl game was in 2018 , that’s a long time

I will be very surprised if he even gets a game to be honest

Worth the rush I guess
Bloodyswan nailed it.. you dont sign a 25 yo guy unless you think he can play.
Im happy to bet a 6 pack (beer of choice) that he'll play 10+ games in 2022
all bets off if he gets injured
nb: always read the fine print

Cornes reckons Heeney is a smoky for the Brownlow

I have a funny little "Heeney for Brownlow" story.

A couple of months ago I had a dream that Heeney won the Brownlow. I'm not a dreamer as a general rule and the few I have are usually nonsensical and when I wake I can't remember much about them, but this one was crystal clear and the next morning I could remember every detail clearly. When I was telling my daughter about it, she made a joke that I should put a couple of bucks on him, we had a laugh and then it was forgotten.
About two weeks later the story came out about Longmire giving him more time in the middle, so I thought what the heck! Now I am anything but a gambler and had absolutely no idea how to go about such a thing, so I got my husband to open a Ladbrokes account for me and I put $100 on him to win it at $201, so if he does win and I ride it throughout the year, I'll win $20,100!!!
Of course if he's travelling okay a couple of weeks in and they offer me $500 cash back, ka-ching! My gambling days will be over and I'll be a happy old girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back