Training Alright, alright, alright! Its the 2022 Pre-season training thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

For those wanting to get Kayo on the cheap there's a couple of ways you can go about it.

1. You can find a couple of other blokes on here willing to split it, the basic pack allows two screens to watch it simultaneously, so you can effectively get it for $12.50 a month, or $12 if you go the premium package (3 screen simultaneously) and split between 3 blokes.

2. This method has worked for me in the past, but I'm not sure if it still would, you can buy a pre-paid card from a servo (or anywhere), just put $1 on it, and then use that card to sign up for a 14-day free trial, then you just need to rinse and repeat because the only thing that stops you from doing the trial again is having the same card number, so just keep buying pre paid cards and then I'd recommend using a different name to sign up every time, just to be thorough.

Would be great, it’s funny how many people want this option and Fox just doesn’t realise? Like they could literally save millions or dollars a year in paying ex afl players to talk sh*t
They did have it once. Sometime during the first version of Fox Footy in 2002-2006.

Just on the football commentary- I am astounded at the news that Ch 7 has bumped Wayne Carey off the Friday night team to be replaced by ......................Daisy Pearce.
I am not a big Carey fan but to me this is a huge blow to inflict on the listeners. My ears hurt already.

Daisy is heaps better for special comments. Knows more about the modern game than Carey.

Just on the football commentary- I am astounded at the news that Ch 7 has bumped Wayne Carey off the Friday night team to be replaced by ......................Daisy Pearce.
I am not a big Carey fan but to me this is a huge blow to inflict on the listeners. My ears hurt already.
Daisy is very good. I love hearing her insight. She knows her stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't disagree more. I really couldn't give stuff that Daisy is a women. I just love her analysis. She understands the modern game well. Carey is still stuck in 90's football and his analysis is so predictable & basic.

Ranking the channel 7 special comments team:
1. Hodge
2. Bartel
3. Daisy
4. Lingy
5. Carey

6. Richo
7. Jobe

Last edited:
I’d pay an extra $20 a month to have radio commentary on kayo feeds.
It irritates me that in the modern age of flying cars and robot waiters that someone hasn’t figured out how to match a stream of the TV and Radio calls. It would only need a slight delay on one or the other .

Pretty much any radio call is better than that twat Bradshaw w&nking lyrical over which private school player X attended.

(My pet hate, it sends a subliminal message to less affluent youngsters that you have to be a toff to play AFL. No wonder the kids in public schools have drifted to soccer)

So the practise match on Wednesday has no info on our website at all regarding it. Luckily I went over to the bombers board and asked. You can register on there to attend which I did. We just seem to be pushing the open training on Saturday. Meh. No thanks I'd rather watch a game.

We really are a bit amateurish in the way we treat members. Pay peanuts I guess 😂😂

It irritates me that in the modern age of flying cars and robot waiters that someone hasn’t figured out how to match a stream of the TV and Radio calls. It would only need a slight delay on one or the other .

Pretty much any radio call is better than that twat Bradshaw w&nking lyrical over which private school player X attended.

(My pet hate, it sends a subliminal message to less affluent youngsters that you have to be a toff to play AFL. No wonder the kids in public schools have drifted to soccer)

I dont think its an issue of technology. I think its an issue of the TV broadcasters getting return on the highly paid roster of ex-players and talking heads that they employ and actually believe are draw cards. When in reality they are little more than a noisy irritant.

To do otherwise would be to give over a commercial advantage to their radio competitors. Thus undercutting the value of their own product.

It's all down to Brayshaw then? :openmouth:

I always presumed that a decent proportion of the "private school" kids drafted were actually public school for a decent chunk of their schooling and then offered sports/footy scholarships during their high school years when it became apparent they were a chance of being drafted. Although I have no evidence to back that up, so could be completely wrong and welcome any confirmation from anyone who knows better.

I always presumed that a decent proportion of the "private school" kids drafted were actually public school for a decent chunk of their schooling and then offered sports/footy scholarships during their high school years when it became apparent they were a chance of being drafted. Although I have no evidence to back that up, so could be completely wrong and welcome any confirmation from anyone who knows better.
Almost certainly correct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back