Analysis 2022 Statistics + supercoach discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My first ever Supercoach team is still a work in progress, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Even though I've read a few articles now, I've honestly got no idea what I'm doing.

Main temptation at the moment is switching out Dawson for $400k George Hewitt in defence (particularly since Sam Walsh is out for the start of the season) and then upgrading Serong to Dusty, who's $500k price range seems well under. Or I could spend the spare change on upgrading some rookies, or Berry to Matt Rowell, maybe?

1646216458546.png

My first ever Supercoach team is still a work in progress, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Even though I've read a few articles now, I've honestly got no idea what I'm doing.

Main temptation at the moment is switching out Dawson for $400k George Hewitt in defence (particularly since Sam Walsh is out for the start of the season) and then upgrading Serong to Dusty, who's $500k price range seems well under. Or I could spend the spare change on upgrading some rookies, or Berry to Matt Rowell, maybe?

View attachment 1337077
Player choice looks okay, well done.

You have a lot of DPP, make sure some are in your midfield to start with. Can't bring in a D/M or F/M at the moment.

If possible pick a F/R to swap with Charlie if need be.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 1337077
Going out on a limb,,,,,, Daicos wont have much of an impact. Leaving him out.

Apologies for temporarily turning this thread into SC n00b sch00l.

Yesterday I was digesting the results from the preseason and keeping tabs on injuries and the like, and decided to make some revisions:

early SC version.PNG But then I was reading a bit into the likelihood of rookies making an appearance in round 1, and started thinking about where I was going to generate cash. I need my rookies to actually spend a fair bit of time on the field before I flip them, yeah? So then I came up with an alternative version, with rookies who appear to be more likely to increase in value.

later SC.PNG

Flipside is I downgraded one premo (Oliver to Dusty) and a mid to a premo rookie (Brodie to Rachele).

Is this a better strategy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yesterday I was digesting the results from the preseason and keeping tabs on injuries and the like, and decided to make some revisions:

View attachment 1341710But then I was reading a bit into the likelihood of rookies making an appearance in round 1, and started thinking about where I was going to generate cash. I need my rookies to actually spend a fair bit of time on the field before I flip them, yeah? So then I came up with an alternative version, with rookies who appear to be more likely to increase in value.

View attachment 1341716

Flipside is I downgraded one premo (Oliver to Dusty) and a mid to a premo rookie (Brodie to Rachele).

Like it looks like this year the value is in the forward line.

View attachment 1341710But then I was reading a bit into the likelihood of rookies making an appearance in round 1, and started thinking about where I was going to generate cash. I need my rookies to actually spend a fair bit of time on the field before I flip them, yeah? So then I came up with an alternative version, with rookies who appear to be more likely to increase in value.

View attachment 1341716

Looking at your 2nd team id 100% drop dusty to a back premuim over hinge and bring in a forward cash cow, maybe even rachelle at a similar price.
Def looking like the weakest spot for value and you've trying to make it your strongest.

Looking at your 2nd team id 100% drop dusty to a back premuim over hinge and bring in a forward cash cow, maybe even rachelle at a similar price.
Def looking like the weakest spot for value and you've trying to make it your strongest.
Funnily enough, after consulting the resident brainstrust in the BF SC subforum, I did something quite similar.
I dropped Heeney, dropped Hinge, made Rachele my F6, selected Ward for M6, selected Stewart as my D1.
Maybe I should've done it with Dusty instead to give me a spare 50k when I need to make the first trade.

I’m not into this, but my wife bought the AFL fantasy footy magazine

Attachments

• C5E31BE2-7B30-4BD6-BB7F-AB856E3700CD.jpeg
    C5E31BE2-7B30-4BD6-BB7F-AB856E3700CD.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • DAF73BFB-F133-4B41-88F6-2E70C551BBD4.jpeg
    DAF73BFB-F133-4B41-88F6-2E70C551BBD4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • E95BF7F6-28EB-4484-BC3C-70DB2A25EF79.jpeg
    E95BF7F6-28EB-4484-BC3C-70DB2A25EF79.jpeg
    791.7 KB · Views: 38
  • C08CC73C-656D-4C2F-888E-FB8C1134FC46.jpeg
    C08CC73C-656D-4C2F-888E-FB8C1134FC46.jpeg
    915.5 KB · Views: 39
yep I knew he was playing a week ago.
It will be to late for most peeps when he is named tonight.
570k is hard find.
I'm going to do whatever juggling I need to. Options are:

• Replace one of Lloyd or Stewart. Reliable premium scorers but neither are the sort to go on a tear and put themselves out of reach pricewise - classic upgrade target types.
  • Replace Sicily. Should be a bargain but carries some risk coming off a knee and Hawfs are shitter than when he last played. The sort you usually like to "start or pass".
  • Upgrade a placeholder rookie, which would mean rolling 5 def premos deep from round 1 and wiping out all my contingency cash reserves

Leaning towards the first option

Remove this Banner Ad

Back