Autopsy Doomsday - Diabolical Dogs Downed by Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a lot of fun watching Carlton kick long and straight at goal only for us to s**t the bed and miss some fundamentally easy ones when we worked our way back into the game in the last.

And another point

...and another point

...and another point

...and another point

...and another point

...and another point
..and another point

200w.gif

Last week we played well for 15 minutes. This week we played well for a half. See how we go next week.
Can’t believe how bad the defence was in the first half..looked bottom 4. Also are we the worst marking team in the comp? I honestly can’t recall seeing more then two contested marks all game.
Terrible start to the season. Players look cooked.

Pretty standard stuff. Miss easy shots. Smashed in the ruck and the worst key defenders in the league constantly out marked.

I hope Naughton is under pressure for these easy misses. Dunkley’s first miss annoyed me the most though.
Should of left that for JUH

Bevo needs to be slapped with a wet lettuce leaf by Chris Grant, and the sacrificial dropping of Bailey Williams (or anyone really), to get us back on track. Next week will be a turning point - we'll play 3 quarters in a close loss, and the incremental improvement will stave off the wolves at the door.

ok....we all love bont,mcrae and Buckley.... but seriously, for all the stats that McRae and Dunkley get they are not damaging at all. Defensively our midfield is along way off. I love Jack, but seriously Cripps destroyed him when they were lining up together. As for the bont, thats twos tinkers in a a row... you need to lift and lead son!

Midfield was shambolic. Our centre clearances are shallow enteries into forward 50, meanwhile Carlton are able to waltz out of the centre with a massive assistance in the ruck and basically able to dictate terms.

We all knew our ruck combination needed to be rectified. It was easily the most pressing need. yet we dont do sweet **** all to resolve it.

Might avoid BF for a while.

We are pathetic.

Dunkley wants a massive pay day.... Get it somewhere else. How can you pay him Bont level money when he can't kick for s**t?

Naughton was selfish that last quarter.

Anyways, Bevo is at 2018 levels of coaching and game plan at the moment. We were read like an open book.

I can't see how we turn it around.
Selfish? Bevo puts him key forward?
His job is to kick goals and he missed. Wtf you ok about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have played 3 quarters of football in 2 weeks.

We aren’t a good enough team to rock up for a half and topple teams.

Structure and selection is still wrong. Need a second ruck or one who can go 50/50 with English so he can spend more time forward to help JUH and Naughton by preventing double teaming and spreading the defence. Need O’Brien so we can get rid of at least one of Cordy or Gardner and we need keath to find some form.

The handball high possession run and carry game has not been working we have been shown to fall apart under pressure. Maybe we need to be more direct and go back to the 2016 style manic pressure and zone to dominant field position and be harder to score against.

Second half showed some positive signs 15 shots to 6 unfortunately it was 6.9 to 4.2. However a good second half doesn’t hide the fact that we were woeful in the first half and we have issues in personnel and structure.

Treloar, Macrae and Dunkley were our 3 best players but our midfield was beaten badly. Now there's a conundrum.
If I read in this forum again that we have the best midfield in the comp, I will call delusional. Of course, if we had a proper ruckman we might be a tad more effective.

2.7 in the last...

Bad kicking is bad football.

Carlton KPFs 9.1.

Bulldogs KPFs 2.4.

Horrific.

But even more horrific is the ******* coaching, team selection and gaping holes in two key areas of the list. Holes that have been there for five ******* years.

I’m close to being done. God knows what Bont and Macrae feel like, two of the best dogs players ever being completely wasted by this embarrassment of a footy department.

Play two rucks. Stop playing woefully inadequate second KPDs and prioritise this in the off season. It’s not that ******* hard!

For pings near 50 on an angle? Maybe I'm too pissed off to see reason but it was frustrating to see him shut down all leads and turn his back as soon as he had ball in hand
No one was leading? And to be honest, I'd rather Naughton have a shot from 50 where he's at least an okay chance of slotting instead of attempting to hit someone up.

JUH couldn’t ask for more at this point. Really good.

Back up for English would give us an added dimension up forward.
This not maning the mark is just ridiculous. It gives them deep entries against a week key position defence. It’s utter bullsh1t.
Didn‘t think Dunkley was all that flash last year and tonight didn’t notice him win a single clearance in the middle.

As last year showed, you can’t lose 3 in a row and make top 4. Do or die next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back