Preview Round 6: Essendon vs Collingwood, MCG, Monday 25/04/2022 @ 3:20 PM

Winner and Medal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they are gonna play Cox forward again which is interesting. Took a nice mark last week but doesn’t seem to be a natural forward.

If he’s gonna make it as a player it’s as a half back/key position type defender. Would be handy if he can find a place up forward. Still perplexed by our overall draft strategy in 2020 as well as last year
I’d be staggered if Cox was playing tbh, especially with Mihocek returning and Cameron given the green light. There’s no way to justify retaining him in the senior side after last weeks showing.

I’d be staggered if Cox was playing tbh, especially with Mihocek returning and Cameron given the green light. There’s no way to justify retaining him in the senior side after last weeks showing.
Think he meant Nik Cox. Pies dropped Mason Cox (sadly).

Think he meant Nik Cox. Pies dropped Mason Cox (sadly).
My mistake, I forgot about your Cox. It’s a bit selfish of me to only think about my Cox. At least that’s what I’ve been told.

The wing is a really important structural role, you can’t just place people there that haven’t played the position before. They have little idea of the running patterns and get exposed.
Wing is tough to play if you haven’t played there before. Where to go, when to go and who to go with are things a good winger needs to have in his arsenal. I love the idea of Cox on the wing as he should create match up problems and give us a marking option down the line. I feel he doesn’t get enough easy possessions on the wing. This is due to experience but I have to ask how much individual development
caching are our players getting?

Wing is also not the best position to get someone involved, can do a lot of selfless running for no personal reward. would rather he spend 5 minutes on ball
True I was just thinking of ways to get him more involved.

Providing that Merrett and Stringer are right to go, it’s a good team named.
I know it’s only on paper but I like that Cox is named forward, hopefully that happens.

Glad they dropped Smith and Hind. They both need to play VFL for a few weeks.

Looking at that forward line, we don’t want that ball hitting the ground… yikes.

Both named. Murphy can pack his bags if either get reinjured. This just reeks of essendon desperation.
Not concerned with Merrett. Stringer on the other hand worries me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t mind seeing Hind up forward tbh. Played okay at the Saints in that roll and can go back when he has to.

I can't believe I'm about to use this cliche, but it will be a fascinating game. 🤮🤮🤮

I'd be sending Guelfi to Quaynor. Howe will be trying to cut everything off so one of Stringer or Baldwin will need to be forward with Wright as a constant. Who's around the feet? Martin/Caldwell/Perkins will be very busy.

Only one ruck worries me. Grundy hasn't been in great form but neither has Draper. Shame Phillips got injured, he'd be very handy this week.

Not thrilled with the Baldwin selection. Really wanted to see Bryan…deep down I knew it wouldn’t happen.

The argument against will be that he is playing ruck exclusively in VFL, hasn’t trained with the forward group etc etc…..my view is that he’s both an athlete and a natural footballer. He’ll work it out.

My gut reaction to Baldwin’s first game wasn’t good. I just couldn’t see how he’s going to impact at AFL level. Bit like the first time I saw Ned Cahill….could see the smarts but just couldn’t see a real weapon that would translate. Couldn’t be happier if it turns out I’m the wrongest person ever on this one.

Wright will have to ruck now unless they use Cox as as the back-up….my preference would be to use Cox. Don’t see us kicking a decent score if 2MP spend significant minutes away from the forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back