List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no chance in any way, shape or form Jackson comes for anything like the offers put forward by Freo supporters. He's the most athletic ruck/forward prospect in ages and was a key player in a grand final side in his second year which is remarkable for a young tall. He is uncontracted but so was Cerra. Jackson has way more trade value than Cerra due to Jackson's huge upside and potential. Most experts say Jackson is worth over 1 million a year but likely to stay with Melbourne.

Lobb's trade value considering he's 30 is not worth losing a key player for what we'll get at the trade table now either. I hope he stays now so Amiss can have a couple of development years before we rely on him as a primary target.

You're conflating two different issues there.

His value in dollars is high, his value in trade will be high and the two are generally related but unlike buying a car where the price is set for all bidders in this case you are able to make a deal with the car, it will only park itself in your garage and then you come to a deal with the current owner of the car for whatever you can.

Lachie Weller wasn't worth pick #2 in trade, but he was contracted and Gold Coast had pick #2. If they had pick #4 he would have been traded for pick #4. If they pick #10 he would have been traded for pick #10.

We won't have a top five pick to trade for Luke Jackson.

There are two hurdles for Freo when it comes to Jackson and that's Melbourne's salary cap and West Coast's salary cap. That's it. If Melbourne can't afford his worth he will have to be traded, if West Coast can't afford it he can't be traded there.

Whatever we have will be what we have to trade for him.

Should’ve pissed Lobb off for a nice 2nd rounder last year and got the Cholster in then used that pick on Stevie Bazzo’s kid like your old uncle suggested

Imagine Chol with the purple swosh in his hair stalking the 50 like a panther

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel Chol was always going back home to Queensland tbh.

If it wasn’t Gold Coast it would’ve been Brisbane.

Lobb is too old to fetch a first rounder imo. Even a single second rounder is a stretch.

Either we play ball and accept something that’s what the market is willing to pay or Lobb stays at the club.

I’d want a proper replacement coming in before the club plays ball tbh.

I don’t particularly rate Darcy Cameron but he’d be reasonably cheap and would fill a role. I feel we’d need to go back to three talls though as Cameron isn’t Lobb no matter what the Lobb haters want to say.

You're conflating two different issues there.

His value in dollars is high, his value in trade will be high and the two are generally related but unlike buying a car where the price is set for all bidders in this case you are able to make a deal with the car, it will only park itself in your garage and then you come to a deal with the current owner of the car for whatever you can.

Lachie Weller wasn't worth pick #2 in trade, but he was contracted and Gold Coast had pick #2. If they had pick #4 he would have been traded for pick #4. If they pick #10 he would have been traded for pick #10.

We won't have a top five pick to trade for Luke Jackson.

There are two hurdles for Freo when it comes to Jackson and that's Melbourne's salary cap and West Coast's salary cap. That's it. If Melbourne can't afford his worth he will have to be traded, if West Coast can't afford it he can't be traded there.

Whatever we have will be what we have to trade for him.

It doesn't mean that it will be accepted then. Jackson is the hottest commodity in the AFL right now along with Max King. No way the Dees are taking Lobb and whatever our first is for Jackson. Simply no chance.

Lobb is too old to fetch a first rounder imo. Even a single second rounder is a stretch.

Either we play ball and accept something that’s what the market is willing to pay or Lobb stays at the club.

I’d want a proper replacement coming in before the club plays ball tbh.

I don’t particularly rate Darcy Cameron but he’d be reasonably cheap and would fill a role. I feel we’d need to go back to three talls though as Cameron isn’t Lobb no matter what the Lobb haters want to say.
I struggle with Lobb, KPFs / rucks are extremely highly valued. Assuming Lobb went to a contender, would you not be happy giving a 2nd round pick for him for three years? It is really hard to get best 22 KPP's and Lobb is currently putting together the best year of his career and has at least 3 years left.

I think that given he's contracted, we could get a decent pick in the 20s for him. I'd also be telling him he's not being traded if we cant get Jackson, he's too important and I'm not losing out on a flag push because Lobb wants to leave

It doesn't mean that it will be accepted then. Jackson is the hottest commodity in the AFL right now along with Max King. No way the Dees are taking Lobb and whatever our first is for Jackson. Simply no chance.
While I agree a first and Lobb isnt getting it done, this is another one I'm going to find interesting. Short of us finishing top 4 (which I dont think will happen), two of our firsts (with nothing back) will be worth more than Cameron or Kelly trades, how much do we have to pay for potential with Jackson considering he's out of contract?

I know some (like Duffield) think we arent going to have enough for Jackson the way we are playing but I think we are in a position where, like Geelong trading for Cameron and Carlton for Cerra, Melbourne would just have to put up with unders for Jackson. It's part of the reason I'm so keen

While I agree a first and Lobb isnt getting it done, this is another one I'm going to find interesting. Short of us finishing top 4 (which I dont think will happen), two of our firsts (with nothing back) will be worth more than Cameron or Kelly trades, how much do we have to pay for potential with Jackson considering he's out of contract?

I know some (like Duffield) think we arent going to have enough for Jackson the way we are playing but I think we are in a position where, like Geelong trading for Cameron and Carlton for Cerra, Melbourne would just have to put up with unders for Jackson. It's part of the reason I'm so keen
If we lose lobbs contract we will rolling in it.

Isn't he on $700 big ones + ?? Would be just swapping contracts & this year's first to Melbourne.

If we lose lobbs contract we will rolling in it.

Isn't he on $700 big ones + ?? Would be just swapping contracts & this year's first to Melbourne.
700k for one more year after this year which is nothing. I'm sure we can eat that easily. If Ralph isnt completely full of s**t, he's apparently going for another 3 years after this year at 500k so next year is only 200k over his market value - easy to eat for just one year

This is why we decided not to accept pick #6 for Cerra and got two first rounders because we just chose not to accept the deal.

Melbourne don't get to decide not to trade him, they can send him to the draft and get nothing or take what is on offer. This isn't a circumstance where I'm suggesting we aren't offering trade value under our best, our first and the value of Lobb is going to be our best biscuits in the tin to offer for him.

Melbourne's fans will say "well give us more of the Eagles get him for nothing in the PSD" but Melbourne FC will not want to lose him for absolutely nothing.

This is why we decided not to accept pick #6 for Cerra and got two first rounders because we just chose not to accept the deal.

Melbourne don't get to decide not to trade him, they can send him to the draft and get nothing or take what is on offer. This isn't a circumstance where I'm suggesting we aren't offering trade value under our best, our first and the value of Lobb is going to be our best biscuits in the tin to offer for him.

Melbourne's fans will say "well give us more of the Eagles get him for nothing in the PSD" but Melbourne FC will not want to lose him for absolutely nothing.

Kelly was traded for equivalent of pick 2 which is about the same as two mid-range first. Say, 2 x pick 12's. We'd get a pick or two back but the body of the deal would look like two mid firsts and we would have that. So to both your arguments why wouldn't they say ask for that?

Geelong traded three firsts (two mid, one late) and got two seconds back. So again I think that's more evidence that Lobb and a mid-second won't get it done.

Cerra might have been unders but we still got pick 6. Pick 13 or so from us this year and Lobb wouldn't get you pick 6 in any draft so what we got for Cerra is still more than what people are suggesting we'll get Jackson for. I know Jackson would be out of contract but I think Jackson is worth more than Kelly and Cameron at the time they were traded largely because of the hype factor and how young he is.

Kelly was traded for equivalent of pick 2 which is about the same as two mid-range first. Say, 2 x pick 12's. We'd get a pick or two back but the body of the deal would look like two mid firsts and we would have that. So to both your arguments why wouldn't they say ask for that?

Geelong traded three firsts (two mid, one late) and got two seconds back. So again I think that's more evidence that Lobb and a mid-second won't get it done.

Cerra might have been unders but we still got pick 6. Pick 13 or so from us this year and Lobb wouldn't get you pick 6 in any draft so what we got for Cerra is still more than what people are suggesting we'll get Jackson for. I know Jackson would be out of contract but I think Jackson is worth more than Kelly and Cameron at the time they were traded largely because of the hype factor and how young he is.
Yes, I dont agree with Taylor, just think we have enough capital between two firsts and Lobb currency to get a deal for Jackson done. Will that be unders, most likely, but it's close enough that it's tough tiddies for Melbourne

Yes, I dont agree with Taylor, just think we have enough capital between two firsts and Lobb currency to get a deal for Jackson done. Will that be unders, most likely, but it's close enough that it's tough tiddies for Melbourne
I agree with you here.

I also think that Melbourne will say that if we bump up Angus' contract enough to get them an extra first then it will assist the deal being done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you here.

I also think that Melbourne will say that if we bump up Angus' contract enough to get them an extra first then it will assist the deal being done.
Jackson AND Brayshaw, I hold out hope but I imagine getting one cancels out getting the other unless both REALLY hate Goodwin which I doubt. * me we'd have a side for next year though...

Jackson AND Brayshaw, I hold out hope but I imagine getting one cancels out getting the other unless both REALLY hate Goodwin which I doubt. fu** me we'd have a side for next year though...

The only way that bringing in Angus Brayshaw and Luke Jackson gets anymore of a kick in the berries to Melbourne is if we have just beaten them in a grand final - because we are taking two of their best and most influential players.

Whether we can retain Aish, Acres etc is a different story.

He just wanted to get paid and get played and neither of those was happening at tiger land

Anyway still would’ve been a good move if we could of wrangled it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
yeah you have advocated it before. The site won't let me quote it for some reason, but here's your actual suggestions;

"Trade Darcy and Cerra

Bring in Clarke , Narkle and Chol/CCJ

Take the WA KPF’s and a tidy looking Fwd Mid

Ruck Meek

Shoot Lobb into the sun"

yeah you have advocated it before. The site won't let me quote it for some reason, but here's your actual suggestions;

"Trade Darcy and Cerra

Bring in Clarke , Narkle and Chol/CCJ

Take the WA KPF’s and a tidy looking Fwd Mid

Ruck Meek

Shoot Lobb into the sun"
Hmm, I think it wont let you quote so to avoid looking at a truly horrible suggestion again, which you have annoyingly circumvented because now I need to bleach my eyes

Use Lobb currency to trade up for Lemmey or Keeler?

If Jackson gets a massive deal there will be some good Dees players getting squeezed out. Tbh I would rather make sure the players we do gave are happy and paid appropriately. No more Lachie Neale situations

Use Lobb currency to trade up for Lemmey or Keeler?

If Jackson gets a massive deal there will be some good Dees players getting squeezed out. Tbh I would rather make sure the players we do gave are happy and paid appropriately. No more Lachie Neale situations
There are other tall options coming through. Snuff is highlighting Derksin at Peel, and Northam down Geelong way looks the goods

Broadbent seems special too, and while he is a #1 ruck, rotating him and Darcy forward could be amazing.

There are other tall options coming through. Snuff is highlighting Derksin at Peel, and Northam down Geelong way looks the goods

Broadbent seems special too, and while he is a #1 ruck, rotating him and Darcy forward could be amazing.
Derksin might not be available MSD

Here's a tough question and while its a limited sample size and I'll be keen to watch more of him, does anyone see Benning being as good as Derksen by the same age? I'd personally be pretty thrilled if Benning looked as good as him by then. I also think we dont have room for two developing fwd/rucks (neither are pure rucks or pure forwards) on the list...

Last edited:
I actually have a question for all those that watched Peel. Here's a tough question and while its a limited sample size and I'll be keen to watch more of him, does anyone see Benning being as good as Derksen by the same age? I'd personally be pretty thrilled if Benning looked as good as him by then. I also think we dont have room for two developing fwd/rucks (neither are pure rucks or pure forwards) on the list...
Impossible to know. He moved to Vic two years ago (at 18) and hasn't been able to play due to covid. His NT league and club the Tigers don't have accessible stats. On the other hand Benning is quite far behind the average player at his age and looks a pipe dream so hopefully he has the drive to achieve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back