Review 2022 Mid Season Draft - Wednesday June 1 @ 6.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Derkson sounds interesting. An article I just read had him down at 189cm but the WAFL site has him at 195cm. Any idea what his actual height is?

Is Ballenden playing key forward or defence? We ideally would go with a defender over a key forward I’d say
195cm would be accurate. It would be a measurement from when he came into the league this off season.

Ballenden has basically taken over Jack Hayes role at the Eagles. He has been a ruck forward.

Wade Derkson (Peel) is the most interesting KPP state league player right now. Averaged ~20 disposals and 3 goals in his first 2 games playing ruck forward. Only 20 years old too.

Connor Ballenden has been very good for the Eagles in the SANFL (leading the league in contested marks) and he deserves another shot at it.

The other players I would keep an eye on are Dyson Hilder, Harry Boyd and Jack Buller.

Is derkson eligible? (Ie did he nominate last year or not).

Ballenden and hilder im both watching from a geelong POV as we need a mature ruck or kpd inthe MSD...also reportedly clubs including us are looking at east freo ruck fwd brynn teakle.

Derkson sounds interesting. An article I just read had him down at 189cm but the WAFL site has him at 195cm. Any idea what his actual height is?

Is Ballenden playing key forward or defence? We ideally would go with a defender over a key forward I’d say
Derkson's 197cm according to the official WAFL profiles. He's playing with the Dockers affiliated Peel Thunder. On the weekend he kicked 4 goals and would have been the second best player on the ground. He's also 20 and pretty athletic.

Is derkson eligible? (Ie did he nominate last year or not).

Ballenden and hilder im both watching from a geelong POV as we need a mature ruck or kpd inthe MSD...also reportedly clubs including us are looking at east freo ruck fwd brynn teakle.
Derkson would need approval from the AFL as he didn't nominate last draft. I'd say there is plenty of interest in him so highly likely he gets that approval.

Derkson would need approval from the AFL as he didn't nominate last draft. I'd say there is plenty of interest in him so highly likely he gets that approval.

Would freo take him with the valente spot if he gets approved or do you have other needs?

Would freo take him with the valente spot if he gets approved or do you have other needs?
Its possible.

if there was an elite small forward with pace available we might do that…but otherwise he fits nicely…Lobb out this week, Derksen would be a more natural replacement than Meek

I'm very confident we'd take him. He grew 8cm in his late teens but played his junior football as a half forward. He's very mobile with a good leap. We have two younger tall forwards in Treacy and Amiss who have shown promise but a ready made replacement would be handy. By the way young Amiss has had a good start to his career. In the last two weeks he's kicked 8.1 and shown good athleticism. So we have a player who's had one miss in two good solid games kicking 8 goals 1 point for us with a last name of Amiss. Our leading player in terms of gaining distance this year is a player with the last name of Acres. We're a very literal team at Freo.

Watching Derksen and it seems unreal to me he's not on an AFL list, that growth spurt has completely changed him as a player. There's very few even AFL players with his size and agility while still having decent skills. If anyone's bored, you can watch him on the AFL WAFL replays, number 19. I really really want to pick him up and would even be interested to turn him into a CHB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Derksen and it seems unreal to me he's not on an AFL list, that growth spurt has completely changed him as a player. There's very few even AFL players with his size and agility while still having decent skills. If anyone's bored, you can watch him on the AFL WAFL replays, number 19. I really really want to pick him up and would even be interested to turn him into a CHB.
A few teams picking ahead of Freo, this year, though!

I'm very confident we'd take him. He grew 8cm in his late teens but played his junior football as a half forward. He's very mobile with a good leap. We have two younger tall forwards in Treacy and Amiss who have shown promise but a ready made replacement would be handy. By the way young Amiss has had a good start to his career. In the last two weeks he's kicked 8.1 and shown good athleticism. So we have a player who's had one miss in two good solid games kicking 8 goals 1 point for us with a last name of Amiss. Our leading player in terms of gaining distance this year is a player with the last name of Acres. We're a very literal team at Freo.
I almost never get to say this but I reckon our pick will be earlier than yours

With a great name to boot I’ll be surprised if Oskar Faulkhead from Bendigo isn’t picked up. Only 179cm but can play back, forward and has been a revelation as a midfielder this year. He has a great mix of athleticism and natural talent and would certainly be a top 30 contender at the end of the year if he isn’t picked up in the MSD.

Big fan of Bauer right now. Very talented in the air, reads the flight very early, protects the drop zone and has great hands.

I also love his combination of pace on the lead with his ability to easily kick over 50 m.

Looks like a great medium forward prospect.

Snuff.... Watching here..he seems to move like a shorter player than 197cm (is that correct as displaying on vid)

What sort of growth spurt has he enjoyed and what role /position did he play before it?

Maybe you have answer my query Sheriff .. How would you say he compares to other players of similar height who are WA PSD prospects like Teakle

Just watching him kicking something reminds me of Mackie.

Maybe you have answer my query Sheriff .. How would you say he compares to other players of similar height who are WA PSD prospects like Teakle

Just watching him kicking something reminds me of Mackie.
From what I've seen around here, the best one to ask is Futbolista who is paying a lot of attention on the WA guys. I'm just gaga over Derksen because I'm watching the Freo players at Peel each week. It does seem like Teakle and Derksen are the top two WA talls for MSD (if Derksen gets approval)

From what I've seen around here, the best one to ask is Futbolista who is paying a lot of attention on the WA guys. I'm just gaga over Derksen because I'm watching the Freo players at Peel each week. It does seem like Teakle and Derksen are the top two WA talls for MSD (if Derksen gets approval)

Is Peel the Freo team? WC have their own team but you do not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back