Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree.

Luko - 20% chance he plays at the Crows one day
Rankine - 10% chance he plays at the Crows one day
JHF - 0.00001% chance he plays at the Crows one day.

This one needs to be more of a watch and admire from afar situation ... he is a jet and a half. His value from the start was way way above the #1 pick. He will only increase that value. His price will be sooooo high that there will be no reason for him to move. North will pay him and no team that could fork out enough to pry him away.

We should have tanked to get to #1, we didn't. Now North have him for life. Hopefully it doesn't cost us a premiership or two over the coming 10 years.

There is no way to know any of those percentages that he plays to the Crows, nor is there any guarantee his price will increase. There have been many prospects who have come into the league, seen as can't miss prospects, and who proceed to stall out (especially at rebuilding clubs).

After all, it only takes one injury, a poor fit from player to club or even too much expectation for a career to begin to unravel.

Last edited:
There is no way to know any of those percentages that he plays to the Crows, nor is there any guarantee his price will increase. There have been many prospects who have come into the league, seen as can't miss prospects, and who proceed to stall out (especially at rebuilding clubs).

After all, it only takes one injury, a poor fit from player to club or even too much expectation for a career to begin to unravel.

lol. I didn’t think you would take the percentages as fact!

Just using some figures to show what I think the relative chances are for each player.

I just don’t think he is in the same category as Rankine and Luko.

Don't think he has. I expect he will though.
They’d have to offer an absolute shitload to make up for having to front up to that shitshow every week. Noble will be lucky to survive next season.

I disagree.

Luko - 20% chance he plays at the Crows one day
Rankine - 10% chance he plays at the Crows one day
JHF - 0.00001% chance he plays at the Crows one day.

This one needs to be more of a watch and admire from afar situation ... he is a jet and a half. His value from the start was way way above the #1 pick. He will only increase that value. His price will be sooooo high that there will be no reason for him to move. North will pay him and no team that could fork out enough to pry him away.

We should have tanked to get to #1, we didn't. Now North have him for life. Hopefully it doesn't cost us a premiership or two over the coming 10 years.
WTF are you talking about tanking as if it was an option, not only illegal but when a corrupt footy operations team runs the club it corrupts the playing group.

Just nonsense.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He must be wondering what kind of shitshow he has landed in at the Roos. He must be looking with envy at Adelaide’s recent form. Has he signed an extension yet?
Some of us thought the same about our list the last 2 years. North did a similar big list turnover of their senior players like we did in 2019 just last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would choose Port over us due to his step-dads connection IMO.

Yeah agreed, he wont come to us and to be honest we are not that far ahead of North, perhaps with a slightly better Coach.

Feels like the AFL can't afford for him to leave North and while they can't do it publically they will do everything they can in the background to stop it from happening.

Port will find a way, but I don't think they could get him and Luko either.

They'd find a way to get it done. They've never been afraid to trade a player with high value.

There's rumours of Amon and Georgiades leaving this year, and if they miss finals, they may find a few more wanting to leave.
If they miss the finals.. or make them and bomb out again..

You’d have to think Boak and Gray will go..

Amon sounds like hes gone but who knows..

They lose Georgiades and they’ll get some half decent picks.. although.. WC might have pick one in the PSD and a thus a heap of bargaining power..

They lose Georgiades and they’ll get some half decent picks.. although.. WC might have pick one in the PSD and a thus a heap of bargaining power..
No way WCE are going to give up their first for Georgiades, you'd imagine they'll try to do what we did with Dawson.

If west Coast played their cards right, they should be looking at both Georgiades AND McDonald from Sydney over the next few seasons via hard nosed trading when these guys next come out of contract and in the meantime, use their high draft picks to restock their midfield and then look to bring in some key defenders via later picks / rookie draft / state leagues. Shuestar13

Back