Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Roos board

Right o, I’ve been sitting on this for a couple of weeks. And sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I was hoping we would show him a reason to stay but….

He wants to come back to SA, as soon as possible. I’d be very surprised if he signs on.

Edit: this begs the question if true, what would we give up to try and get him if we were a chance of landing him?

Last edited:
If west Coast played their cards right, they should be looking at both Georgiades AND McDonald from Sydney over the next few seasons via hard nosed trading when these guys next come out of contract and in the meantime, use their high draft picks to restock their midfield and then look to bring in some key defenders via later picks / rookie draft / state leagues. Shuestar13
That would be some forward line too.

I rate Oscar Allen better than both Georgi and McDonald combined.

Thoughts Shuestar13

You’d be mad not to enquire about getting him over, the cost would be crazy though.

"A blockbuster deal in which Western Bulldogs captain Ryan Griffen would be traded for Greater Western Sydney's Tom Boyd has been done. Under the deal, which was finalised this afternoon, Griffen and the Dogs' first pick, No.6, goes to the Giants in return for Boyd."

Rory Sloane plus our first rounder? Start the car.

From the Roos board

Right o, I’ve been sitting on this for a couple of weeks. And sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I was hoping we would show him a reason to stay but….

He wants to come back to SA, as soon as possible. I’d be very surprised if he signs on.

Edit: this begs the question if true, what would we give up to try and get him if we were a chance of landing him?
What did we offer for the draft pick? Pick 4 and two future firsts (with their second coming back I think)

You’d do the same again and any of McAsey, Fog, Sholl. In fact apart from Rachele or Thilthorpe, they can have anyone.

What did we offer for the draft pick? Pick 4 and two future firsts (with their second coming back I think)

You’d do the same again and any of McAsey, Fog, Sholl. In fact apart from Rachele or Thilthorpe, they can have anyone.
I'm not sure you give up more than two firsts for a player openly wanting to leave a club. Power goes back into the player.

Two firsts and a player who is borderline 22 or developing would be fair.
Like you say Fog or McAsey.

From the Roos board

It would be more what would NM want for him.

Rachele is probably a start, then add some high picks.

We reportedly offered the farm for pick 1, not much has changed since then.

Sure he's a going to be a great player, but how much is too much? It would be a bidding war with our mates down the road.

"A blockbuster deal in which Western Bulldogs captain Ryan Griffen would be traded for Greater Western Sydney's Tom Boyd has been done. Under the deal, which was finalised this afternoon, Griffen and the Dogs' first pick, No.6, goes to the Giants in return for Boyd."

Rory Sloane plus our first rounder? Start the car.
On this trade, Boyd cost the Dogs a massive contract over multiple years for a player who hasn't done anything.
Would hope the crows do the same for JHF.

They can ask for Rachele but it doesnt mean anything. Why would Rachele want to be involved after signing long term and just made good working relationships with his team mates and coaches? To go to North...

I personally think hes exactly what we need and would again go all in for him. We would have more money to throw at him, we just need to pitch to him the future and that includes good performances on ground. The connection with Port will be hard to pull from but money, security and future success talks.

Not getting my hopes up but as a club, they should be doing everything possible to get him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On this trade, Boyd cost the Dogs a massive contract over multiple years for a player who hasn't done anything.
Would hope the crows do the same for JHF.

Yep and Boyd won the Dogs a flag and I reckon every single team would do the same trade knowing how the rest of Boyd's career panned out

Yep and Boyd won the Dogs a flag and I reckon every single team would do the same trade knowing how the rest of Boyd's career panned out
Agreed. His output over the contract was rubbish, but the idea is valid. Your clubs biggest hole on field, available elite talent, salary cap space.. you do it every time

Don’t take this as an insult, but this reminds me of the Josh Kelly and David Swallow threads on our board. It just won’t happen.

Just skimming the jhf thread on the North board, someone said Powell also isnt happy there. Could there be an exodus like at Brisbane years ago?

Back