Analysis The rebuild of Carlton and Brisbane and their future prospects

Which team has the better future prospects on-field?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Carlton have too much talent to keep missing finals. They'll get there eventually, but the prospect of them becoming as good as Brisbane is becoming increasingly unlikely. Signing Daniher was massive for Brissie.

I think Carlton's talent is over rated and there is not much of it. A fading Cripps, a negative Mick Martin style FB, one very good young Mid and a capable forward is pretty much it.

They need a massive clear out and fire sale to begin a thorough rebuild.

A better comparison for the Blues would be with the Roos, Dons and Pies.

I think Carlton's talent is over rated and there is not much of it. A fading Cripps, a negative Mick Martin style FB, one very good young Mid and a capable forward is pretty much it.

This is the problem with Carlton though. Always rebuilding, always coming. Never arriving.

How is this still a thread?
Because random people keep bumping it for no reason.
Wow this is still going and even more wow Blues supporters still trying to mount a case 🤦‍♂️
The last post in here by a Carlton supporter (besides my one now of course) was May 31st, nearly 20 posts ago, and it was just a general comment about the coaching group with no mention of, or comparison to, the Lions.

Bwahaha ... Blues are at least 2 years ahead of those sides.

With regard to thread topic, Blues are around where the Lions were in 2018.
Tracking along well

Bwahaha ... Blues are at least 2 years ahead of those sides.

With regard to thread topic, Blues are around where the Lions were in 2018.
Tracking along well

Doesn’t the ladder state that Essendon is ahead of Carlton?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn’t the ladder state that Essendon is ahead of Carlton?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have never been accused of having kind words for the Dons but they are a long way ahead of the Blues in their current rebuild and not just on the ladder.

Recruitment onwards. I think the Dons now run both ways, have a good midfield and pretty decent defence. No doubt they have heaps more to do.
I think the dons are further behind list wise but coaching and football department are ahead. Better spine at the blues but nobody seems to have a clue how to make them function properly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the dons are further behind list wise but coaching and football department are ahead. Better spine at the blues but nobody seems to have a clue how to make them function properly.

A little behind, but in better shape to go forward.

Blues have 2 good KPPs and an excellent young mid. They have not recruited well and tied a lot of money into 4 underperforming imports, a broken Cripps and C Curnow. Probably chuck Docherty in as well.

I know I am biased but you need more heart and soul players like Newman and Parks who will play a role for the team. I think the Marchbanks, Plowmans, SPS, Stocker, Dows, LOBs have not proved the wisest of recruitment selections.

Blues have 2 good KPPs and an excellent young mid. They have not recruited well and tied a lot of money into 4 underperforming imports, a broken Cripps and C Curnow. Probably chuck Docherty in as well.

I know I am biased but you need more heart and soul players like Newman and Parks who will play a role for the team. I think the Marchbanks, Plowmans, SPS, Stocker, Dows, LOBs have not proved the wisest of recruitment selections.
Three of those players have played pretty well the last 3 weeks, i don't know who you are, but i reckon you might be biased.

Have never been accused of having kind words for the Dons but they are a long way ahead of the Blues in their current rebuild and not just on the ladder.

Think Essendon and Carlton are pretty even atm. The deciding factor will be how the wildcard players who don’t have exposed form at AFL go and how well each club drafts in the future as well obviously.

Back