Autopsy 6 point win over Richmond(wtf)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrote us off but was an incredible comeback.

Some points.

• We need to clone Mills, one in the midfield one in defence.
  • Don't drop COR he was very good tonight and belongs at this level.
  • Rowbottom career best game, was immense and nice to see him fit again.
  • Warner is going from strength to strength.
  • Franklin keeps proving me wrong, was posting here

Also just announced by John Ralph Florent is signing a new two year deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 good thing is , even though for some reason the intent isn’t there for some reason least we don’t give up on the game

Ladhams plays better with more responsibility and being number 1, don’t think the 2 will work

Mccartin bounced back on Jack.

I think we are still are around a 7th to 11th side but can play better than that.

Warner got us back into it IMO

Wicks is average

We have to stay wit genuine defenders at ground level , thought cor defended ok.
I've come to the conclusion that the rebuild is still very much in progress.

Missed the first half because I was at a work dinner, and was really annoyed that I was stuck at dinner, especially checking in on the score.

Managed to catch the last 15 min of the 3rd on the radio in the drive home.

Then the 4th quarter in t.v.

Probably the best way to have watched the game.

Got out of jail for once.

If this isn't the spark for the club to start strongly, then I don't know what will be.

Btw, I think we'll beat Melbourne next week.

Ladhams got going once again in the 2nd half, he was the catalyst of the 3rd quarter charge out of the middle

Buddy finally got going as well after a few games and he was on a hot streak, didnt look like missing set shots and kicking on the run. Might be a suspension of 1-2 games, but whatever he made up for it.

Rowbottom and Warner balled out, they were instrumental in the comeback. Maybe there is life after JPK after all. Just dont kick the ball to the grandstand after the siren - heart was racing not knowing if the ump was gonna pay the 50. Geez man lol.

COR with his good moments and bad moments. Overall done alright considering he was a late call up. Might have not been as engaged in the beginning, but he settled very well. Took a few intercept marks.

Mills having to go down back - he delivered and settled them down but does go to show the problems we have down there, and its been a lingering issue all along. Certainly aint the 2012-16 backline for sure. Lot to work on that part of the ground, trying to fill it in with forwards and wings. Paddy is the KPD we needed but again a converted from a forward.

There seems to be room for improvement for our forward press - too many times they scored from their own backline in transition. This is where Wicks and Bell should be solidifying their spots, but they were undrafted for a reason.

Have not addressed the consistency issue across 4 quarters - this is what we could do against bottom-middling teams at our 2012-16 peak. Our best is top 4, our worst is bottom 4. Maddening.

Well, when Fox Footy talks about the state of umpiring these days you know its an issue. Especially last week against Hawks vs Lions and now this one. Think its not gonna get better. 60+ free kicks again - not a good game today from them.

Ladhams BOG ,Paddy Mac again immense......crazy second half. Good to come back but where is that pressure in the first half ?
And seeing Cotchins face at the end is as good as seeing Eddie McGuire when the Pies lost the grand final against West Coast.
Against Melbourne hopefully Blakey back and give Wicks a spell. Maybe Ronke in for Wicks ...just don't know what to do with Reid , he's more mobile than McLean and a better ruck but his goalkicking ...
Well it's a win and we should stay in the eight. Just hope we can really compete with Melbourne next week without giving them a 40 point lead.

Honestly, I think our midfield is better with Rowbottom and Warner leading. Mills is a gun, and would probably be our best midfielder, but doesn't really suit our other midfielders IMO. Might be better for us to use him as a half back and to set up from there.

So frustrating watching us atm...I think we are a top 8 team personally just not sure what is going on when we go missing. In the end a good win though.

There is nothing more you can say about Buddy.

Umpiring continues to be crap...surprised they got the last non 50 call right. Commentators are absolute crap too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back