Autopsy Roast & toast vs Port Adelaide and changes for Carlton round 14

Best vs Pear

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we can persist with Balta up forward. He had a poor game until he was switched back in the last.

For me, one of Gibcus/Tarrant has to come out so Balta can return home. With the lack of talls in the Blues' lineup, now is the time to give Ryan another taste of AFL footy. Either that or back Soldo in to regain some form.

My changes would be:

In: Lynch Ryan Lambert
Out: Tarrant Soldo Hugo (sub)

Balta back.

Gibcus. Forward.

Tarrant. Out?

Bolton is a prodigous talent but I wish he was more of a team player but that’s what you get with him.

Let’s be honest both teams made a ton of errors in a high intensity game played in icy conditions.

Just take the brave win> (media anyone ?? no Lynch or Lambert ,Oh what is that puddle of oyster sauce I see outside the Pies club room left by media)

What the duck was nankervis doing in the ruck? Barely hit a mid in a Richmond jumper and didn’t think to smack it clear of the stoppage until the last quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes, what should of been a clear advantage for us didn't play out that way for both of our big men.

Could work, but who covers Nank?
Balta can chop out for 5 minutes a qtr?

I'd keep Gibcus back to start. No need to throw him forward with Lynch returning.

Its a fair bet that this Thursday night will be similar conditions so hopefully they've learnt that Soldo isnt suited to it.

We really need that bench spot for an extra mid. Lambert would have been very handy last night.

Thursday footy is arse. 22k last night wasnt abysmal considering the weather (forecast), the fact its a school night, and also being a rubbish interstate team. Thursdays should be reserved for the worst match of the round, a game where the AFL expects noone to go.
Thursday night games are purely for tv viewership. I went last night because I love the club, but is an absolute hassle and I understand why people can’t or don’t want to go.

The Thursday attendance test will be next week against Carlton, reckon it’ll only be a 40-45k crowd.

Tommy Browne is like a robot , weird unit
the day rance retired i happened to be walking round the back of punt rd and browne was there trying to do the news flash on it.

i say trying cos no joke i watched the campaigner heck it up 30 times in a row and this is in the first sentence.

he literally had about 25 seconds of dialogue [monologue?] to get through without a mistake and i walked off after half an hour and he still hadnt got it right.

i was looking at the crew in amazement and they were giving me wry grins like yep, this is the norm.

very strange unit.

Balta can chop out for 5 minutes a qtr?

I'd keep Gibcus back to start. No need to throw him forward with Lynch returning.

Its a fair bet that this Thursday night will be similar conditions so hopefully they've learnt that Soldo isnt suited to it.

We really need that bench spot for an extra mid. Lambert would have been very handy last night.
Yeah I think we should just drop Tarrant and Soldo and bring in Ryan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was just one of those nights for Bolton, so not overall too concerned. However, I think he does have a technical issue snapping for goal when he's to the right of the goals (i.e. curling it away from goal). Seems to rush it and often sprays it left or along the ground. He often finds himself out the back with open grass so he needs to figure out a way to finish better in that situation.
What I like about Shai is that when he stuffs up, he busts his arse to make up for it…or at least tries to make up for it

Was to be expected. We predicted this a few weeks ago when the knuckle heads at the AFL scheduled us for the two Thursday night games. The weather has been crap (coldest start to winter in decades), interstate & regional supporters can't travel mid week, kids have school (plus a lot of them are currently sick), some kids also have junior football training commitments, trains are not running properly on several lines, and people are sick of the AFL's bullshit rules & over-umpiring of our once great game.

I ended up going last night as I took today off work, but definitely won't be going next week.

If the AFL would stop treating football supporters like garbage people might actually start attending games again.
I don't think we will be going next week, getting someone to fill a work shift 2 weeks in a row is a big ask, there weren't many kids there last night the Thursdays are purely for tv

Rance in better shape than Dusty
Bring him in next week vs paper bag blooze

Is dusty a worry? 13 touches and very poor picking the pill up
Hope he’s just bored and gets his mojo back come finals time

He just looks broken, spiritually, mentally. And he looked incredibly sore. When you are feeling low internally, your body feels achy. He is really struggling,

If he comes to the conclusion the answer for him is to move to Sydney (which i personally think is NOT the answer to his issues), then we are going to be stuck. I think we will get ripped one way or another, be it at the trade table of having to wear his contract. Its going to be very hard to have a happy divorce with Dusty if he decides its in his best interest to move.

Personally, i think the idea of moving states, house after a trauma is NEVER the right move. It is running away from your problems, but when your issue ois mental health, its impossible to run away from yourself.

His best decision would be to retire, or step down for a season and walk away. If he chose to do that i would be happy to keep him on the list for a year like we did with Rance to save his spot. Trading him to NSW is going to be a lose/lose for both parties i think (RFC & Dusty)

This might not be a popular opinion but couldn't we get Ross back into this side..?

I know he has his weaknesses with disposal but the fact is, when played as an inside mid, he can find the footy at least 20-25 times and is a big body. He knows where to go to get it and I'd prefer him around the ball than Ralphsmith. Having him in the side would save Cotchin and Prestia having to do as much work as they do, Cotchin especially who last night (despite his disposal tally) looked a little bit back to his more "cooked" self, he just couldn't chase quite a few times. I do like Ralphsmith but right now we have the wings covered and Ralph probably isn't really a forward. Would prefer the pure midfielder which means we can rotate Dusty, Bolton, Edwards, Graham, Lambert and even Cotchin forward more. Also Ralph butchered it a bit last night too...

The question is who comes out for Lynch? I'd say just for now only it's give Gibcus a rest, the man hasn't even played VFL yet, let him have a go there.

Clarke stays in but otherwise it's Lambert when ready.

I'd also only play the one ruck, Soldo just does more bad than good.

Grimes, Tarrant, Broad
Vlastuin, Balta, Baker
McIntosh, Graham, Pickett
Edwards, Riewoldt, Lambert
Martin, Lynch, Bolton

Nankervis, Cotchin, Prestia

D. Rioli, Short, Ross, XXXX

That last spot is up for grabs. Do we play Gibcus and then push Baker back into the middle or forward? Personally prefer Baker back still. Probably give the spot to Clarke for now but, if we're at full strength, I could almost say let's play Parker?

Good for 12-15 touches and a goal or two but importantly you won't die wondering with him, he'll give it 100 percent and chase, tackle etc, and in a full-strength side might be a nice little addition.

Found it odd last night that with 3 minutes to go you kept attacking instead of running down the clock, slowing play and holding on to possession.
Fortunate a few turn overs late due to rushed kicks didn't hurt in the end.
Thoughts, as you guys have been so good at controlling games under pressure for so long?

Found it odd last night that with 3 minutes to go you kept attacking instead of running down the clock, slowing play and holding on to possession.
Thoughts, as you guys have been so good at controlling games under pressure for so long?
we lacked composure the whole game, usually we lose after the bye so hopefully can put it down to that.

worst skills i've seen since 2016.

This might not be a popular opinion but couldn't we get Ross back into this side..?

I know he has his weaknesses with disposal but the fact is, when played as an inside mid, he can find the footy at least 20-25 times and is a big body. He knows where to go to get it and I'd prefer him around the ball than Ralphsmith. Having him in the side would save Cotchin and Prestia having to do as much work as they do, Cotchin especially who last night (despite his disposal tally) looked a little bit back to his more "cooked" self, he just couldn't chase quite a few times. I do like Ralphsmith but right now we have the wings covered and Ralph probably isn't really a forward. Would prefer the pure midfielder which means we can rotate Dusty, Bolton, Edwards, Graham, Lambert and even Cotchin forward more. Also Ralph butchered it a bit last night too...

The question is who comes out for Lynch? I'd say just for now only it's give Gibcus a rest, the man hasn't even played VFL yet, let him have a go there.

Clarke stays in but otherwise it's Lambert when ready.

I'd also only play the one ruck, Soldo just does more bad than good.

Grimes, Tarrant, Broad
Vlastuin, Balta, Baker
McIntosh, Graham, Pickett
Edwards, Riewoldt, Lambert
Martin, Lynch, Bolton

Nankervis, Cotchin, Prestia

D. Rioli, Short, Ross, XXXX

That last spot is up for grabs. Do we play Gibcus and then push Baker back into the middle or forward? Personally prefer Baker back still. Probably give the spot to Clarke for now but, if we're at full strength, I could almost say let's play Parker?

Good for 12-15 touches and a goal or two but importantly you won't die wondering with him, he'll give it 100 percent and chase, tackle etc, and in a full-strength side might be a nice little addition.

We played so bad last night at times I thought we might be tanking. One of the reasons we got up was because Ross was not playing despite our mistakes

Strange, I actually thought we did once we got control of the ball.

Back