Essendon gifted 3 Friday Night's in a row

Remove this Banner Ad

Its always funny when people openly bag Essendon yet we still turn up and watch our team.

Carlton as an example had one of the worst established teams seasons in history in 2015 and averaged a whopping 34,500 attendees. Obviously with inflation is mildly more, yet Essendon averages a staggering 41,000 even when as s**t as that 2015 Blues team.

We have continued to turn up, helps with the commercial stranglehold we have in the market both positively (through supporters) and negatively (through opposition fans soaking up any fart done by the club).
Going back to 2015 to compare crowd sizes to try to have a ‘win’ is as embarrassingly laughable for you as it is when Essendon fans boast about dodo winning every trade period of the last 25 years😂😂.

Can’t wait for the Friday night blockbuster between 16th & 18th😂.

Mate if Freo v Melbourne at Optus in round 20 isn't Friday night the AFL are pieces of s**t.
Easily the most enticing match in round 20. If it's not Friday night, then you know that Channel 7 and the AFL are taking the absolute piss.

Well on the positive side of things for all Essendon haters, the more the AFL rewards their underperforming club by giving them these marquee prime time fixtures, the less likely the EFC board will panic and take drastic action against their football and coaching department.

Whilst I agree that Fremantle get horrible time slots year after year, I don't think it's a VFL thing. I think the AFL tend to give better time slots to the bigger clubs with the more fickle supporter bases. It's why clubs like Carlton and West Coast get much better time slots as a ratio to their ladder position than clubs like Richmond and Fremantle. It's a purely revenue thing.
The AFL should give North Melbourne 22 Friday night games in a row at docklands lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tbf no one predicted Essendon to be this crap when they gifted us 3 Friday nights in a row
Agreed. Not that long ago my team were awful and looked like they weren't trying. At least the Bombers look like they care.

Maybe they will try a different game plan now that Harry Jones is back. He looked awesome in the first half last week.

tbf no one predicted Essendon to be this crap when they gifted us 3 Friday nights in a row
will wager we'll be a bit better too.

slowly getting forward line personnel back. Which in turn should mean we're leaking less and ideally scoring more.
Parish injury might be a bit of a blessing too. We haven't worked out how to get him and Shiel playing the same midfield. Both seem to be better when the other isn't in the side.

we might even be novel and try playing a CHF and CHB this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back