VFLW Game Day 2022 VFLW Finals - Grand Final vs Southern Saints - Essendon wins the flag! šŸ†

Remove this Banner Ad

GRAND FINAL vs Southern Saints
Teams for the 2022 VFLW Grand Finalā€¦

Played this Sunday 12:15pm at ETU Stadium (North Port Oval) - FREE ENTRY - Forecast of a cloudy day and 13 degrees.

TV - Channel 7 (and AFL.com.au)
Radio - WARFRadio.com (from 11am) and 89.1FM at the ground

ESSENDON
B21. A. Morcom45. B. Clarke
HB13. E. Hosking14. D. Marshall16. T. Crook
C1. C. Ugle5. G. Nanscawen9. M.Anthony
HF22. N. MacDonald44. G. Dicker26. J. Doonan
F4. M. Clifford24. R. Tierney
R30. S.Nalder28. A. Barba42. J. Zanchetta
INT8. E. Ashley-Cooper18. K. Heil23. A. Radford
17. F.Frew20. C. McIntosh
EMG15. L.Caruso7. J. Davies19. N. Julian
43. O. DiDonato10. E. Cornish46. G. Elarmaly
40. D Ryan
INSNil
OUTSNil
SOUTHERN SAINTS
B35. I. Gentile4. D. Jolliffe
HB6. G. McLean16. A. Hynes26. C. Saultry
C50. C. Ryan5. M. Capsalis9. W. Laing
HF19. O. Flanagan23. T. Kearns24. K. Ripari
F39. G. De Angelis1. C. Slater
R22. S. Black11. H. Stuart25. R. Neaves
INT32. G. Buchan53. P. Staltari33. O. Robinson
12. N. Cormack34. C. Keohane
EMG8. E, Nixon36. K. Prendergast31. A. Peck
57. B. Enno
INSNil
OUTSNil

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have a fair bit of footy smarts. Sometimes what they are trying to do exceed their ability to execute.
Like the fact they are a never give in side . Second and third efforts all day .

Hopefully they put up a replay so we can get some clips of it lol, but they gave away a free and then got stuck in and Frew tried to intervene and got shoved, face planted a metre away, then hopped straight back up and into it while Nat Mac kicked the first goal and then the ump gave her another 50m shot from the goal square

They have a fair bit of footy smarts. Sometimes what they are trying to do exceed their ability to execute.
Like the fact they are a never give in side . Second and third efforts all day .
One of the reasons I'm a bit iffy on Major not getting the AFL gig. They just get to the right spots and it makes their high pressure seem effortless. The effort all being early to set up right. They wear opponents down and just play from bell to bell.

This game was supposed to be much closer, hawks would've fancied themselves after their fast finish in the previous draw. A bit of 2000 AFL QF feel about it, "Okay, so you think you can challenge..." which also speaks to the attitude of the group. Hopefully the rest of the finals plays out that way.

One of the reasons I'm a bit iffy on Major not getting the AFL gig. They just get to the right spots and it makes their high pressure seem effortless. The effort all being early to set up right. They wear opponents down and just play from bell to bell.

This game was supposed to be much closer, hawks would've fancied themselves after their fast finish in the previous draw. A bit of 2000 AFL QF feel about it, "Okay, so you think you can challenge..." which also speaks to the attitude of the group. Hopefully the rest of the finals plays out that way.
I think heā€™s got a director of coaching gig with the AFLW and VFLW teams, and I donā€™t think we know who our assistant coaches will be yet.

Nat Wood is apparently the reason why weā€™ve picked up some of the players we have though (they want to play under her again like they did at the Dogs). Plus there are incentives with the coaching pathway program as well. So I can see why they went that way.

I hope that she builds on what we already have here though since half our players are already familiar with how we play and our ethos.

Might be we bring Major across to our menā€™s coaching panel too (either level) which could be of some benefit.

I think heā€™s got a director of coaching gig with the AFLW and VFLW teams, and I donā€™t think we know who our assistant coaches will be yet.

Nat Wood is apparently the reason why weā€™ve picked up some of the players we have though (they want to play under her again like they did at the Dogs). Plus there are incentives with the coaching pathway program as well. So I can see why they went that way.

I hope that she builds on what we already have here though since half our players are already familiar with how we play and our ethos.

Might be we bring Major across to our menā€™s coaching panel too (either level) which could be of some benefit.
Yeah, it's great the players who are going to step up from or have already been through our VFLW program. Seems a great culture.

Hopefully they put up a replay so we can get some clips of it lol, but they gave away a free and then got stuck in and Frew tried to intervene and got shoved, face planted a metre away, then hopped straight back up and into it while Nat Mac kicked the first goal and then the ump gave her another 50m shot from the goal square

great pic, wouldn't see me taking any of them on;)

Through to the major semi-final next week, where we will be playing against the Casey Demons at Windy Hill.

Casey were originally ranked third after the H&A season. We beat them in a close one three weeks ago in Round 14, 4.3 27 to 2.9 21, so I hope we've learned from that to make sure we beat them more thoroughly this time!

If we win this, we're straight through to the grand final, while the loser plays in the prelim against the winner of the other semi (Hawthorn vs Southern Saints) ā€“ so if we lose we may well face Hawthorn again hah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back