Review Geelong banks 4 points V WC b y 18 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Just past the half way point In the season and we are 4 points and a bees dick of percentage away from top spot. Haven’t even hit 3rd gear yet, building very nicely.
We are the AFL's bad penny.
The harder they try to be rid of us the more we just wave and smile.

4th just played 18th, who've been walloped relentlessly week in week out......until now.

There were predictions of an easy 10 goal win pre-game, given how dominant we'd be.

We limped to a 3 goal win.

Attitude.
The only attitude issue is with posters continually saying we'll smash teams, and win by 10 goals+. We are not that team any more. WCE were always going to come at us, and we were up for it.
We are still to play Tigers, Demons and Blues which will really settle where we are at, and although we are top 4 today, it feels to me we are 5-10 in quality

So a bit of lipreading has Jezza saying to Cooper, "the boys worked really hard".
Looked to me like they were labouring without much gloss for the whole match.
Which stands to reason with the whole heavy training shtick.
Someone forgot to tell Menegola we've got a faster game plan.
And he's still a hungers...........but that's good ain't it?

The only attitude issue is with posters continually saying we'll smash teams, and win by 10 goals+. We are not that team any more. WCE were always going to come at us, and we were up for it.
We are still to play Tigers, Demons and Blues which will really settle where we are at, and although we are top 4 today, it feels to me we are 5-10 in quality

As averse to posters who say we're going to get beaten every week?

There's an attitude / focus problem within the playing group somehow / somewhere.

We bring today's approach against the Tigers / Dees / Blues and we could go 3 zip.

There's an attitude / focus problem within the playing group somehow / somewhere.

We bring today's approach against the Tigers / Dees / Blues and we could go 3 zip.
What do yoiu think we will do against them anyway?

Yes I’m really down on Miers now. He could do worse than take a look at the way Dahlhaus at least halves contests he is in. Miers barely contributed a positive moment today.

Yep...I am a fan of Miers but he added nothing today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glass half full. Two consecutive home games. We'll kill them. I predicted very early on here that Melbs would fail
when everyone else was singing invincible dees. An even season, we'll battle away, and mostly win.

Surely you’ve got to have a sense of humour about it!
Totally offended.

Tbh, it was a very witty and clever post, and it must be how you perceive my posts. I do worry a lot, but don't always pick against us.
But next week, yes.
So far, 6-7.

I'm hoping we bring a far sharper focus on game day
But right now, where do you see us?
Better than Carlton?
Up until Carlton losing all their defenders, I would have thought a loss
And by the time we get Demons, they will be back
And I expect a Demons Tigers GF

Totally offended.

Tbh, it was a very witty and clever post, and it must be how you perceive my posts. I do worry a lot, but don't always pick against us.
But next week, yes.
So far, 6-7.

Chin up.

You're a great poster. Conservative, but nothing wrong with that. A 44 year scar will do that.

You're as good a poster as anyone here.

Chin up.

You're a great poster. Conservative, but nothing wrong with that. A 44 year scar will do that.

You're as good a poster as anyone here.
Was not seriously offended, poor attempt at humour.

But right now, where do you see us?
Better than Carlton?
Up until Carlton losing all their defenders, I would have thought a loss
And by the time we get Demons, they will be back
And I expect a Demons Tigers GF

I'm thinking a loss against the Dees, and a real battle against the Tigers and Blues.

FWIW - i reckon they had their best/most convincing win in the past 2 years on last Thursday night

Eagles were allways gong to be up for todays game - 30th anniversary of their 1st flag - and read some of their current players - mixing with the 92 players - plus they had their best team in for quite a while - and Geel coming off a bye are allways so iffy . The 4 points is the important thing - the Bulldogs beat the Eagles by 100 - we just scrambled home against the Eagles - yet we comfortably beat the Bulldogs - its week to week and you just have to keep clicking up the wins

Please no more Miers - my least favourite Geel player by a long long way

Totally offended.

But next week, yes.
So far, 6-7.
I am 9-4 in Geelong games this year. Missed Lions win, Hawks loss, Freo loss and Giants win. So 2-2 wrong Cats wins/losses. I think I’m not bad on us this year.

We are the AFL's bad penny.
The harder they try to be rid of us the more we just wave and smile.
How has the AFL tried to get rid of Geelong? And why would they really care? We're always up but we bend over in finals. They'd probably be happy we allow an easy pathway for drought-breakers like Richmond and Melbourne. If we were making grannies and winning flags every other year it would be one thing. I don't think anyone at the top levels of the comp is really worried that Geelong occupies a spot around the top each year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back