Preview Geelong vs Richmond, round 15, MCG Saturday June 25, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You conveniently left out back end of 2021?

He had a massive one game to show his wares?

How many has Edwards had this year?
Played reasonable footy to end the 2021 season, but what happened after that, came back from the off season unfit and struggling to keep pace with first & second year players on the training track, when you'd expect that he'd come back in tip top condition ready to tear the track up and establish himself in the 22 for a big year. Once the season started his form was up and down and it took him until R7 to finally force his way into the side and when he did he failed to take his opportunity and was replaced by Mansell.

As for Edwards, his in arguably his final season at the club and is being rewarded for his service with the opportunity to become the first indigenous player to play 300 for the club. While his form isn't at the level is was in the premierships, he still plays an important role within the side and since he was given a week off prior to Dreamtime has averaged around 17 disposals and a goal a week as we've gone 3-1, but yeah lets drop him for an underperforming kid who has consistently let himself down in terms of his preparation & dedication

Played reasonable footy to end the 2021 season, but what happened after that, came back from the off season unfit and struggling to keep pace with first & second year players on the training track, when you'd expect that he'd come back in tip top condition ready to tear the track up and establish himself in the 22 for a big year. Once the season started his form was up and down and it took him until R7 to finally force his way into the side and when he did he failed to take his opportunity and was replaced by Mansell.

As for Edwards, his in arguably his final season at the club and is being rewarded for his service with the opportunity to become the first indigenous player to play 300 for the club. While his form isn't at the level is was in the premierships, he still plays an important role within the side and since he was given a week off prior to Dreamtime has averaged around 17 disposals and a goal a week as we've gone 3-1, but yeah lets drop him for an underperforming kid who has consistently let himself down in terms of his preparation & dedication

Summed it up perfectly. Well said

well, you want to mention ONE GAME? how about his 2019 season? and his late 2021 season ? much better than ross will ever be. you can stick to your one game-------in which he still set up two or three goals while admittedly looking lost, imagine what he would do when he isn't looking lost?
I am with you. Stack should have come in this week for Clarke who struggled with the heat against Carlton

watching the VFL every week I don't think Stack is doing that great overall. mostly because they are playing him in the wrong position but still. doesn't really surprise me he isn't getting selected despite last weeks game

honestly I'd probably keep ralphsmith in over edwards but i'm not super annoyed about it. ralphsmi does need to clean up his ground ball gathering/handball receives/composure and he'll be back in soon enough

How many times are people going to go back to how Stack looked in 2019? It's 3 years ago and Stack despite all his talent had continually failed to deliver on a consistent level at either VFL or AFL level, one thing he consistently does is show up to preseason unfit and putting himself behind the pack from the get go. Maybe it's time people eased up on hyping up Stack and actually let his performances do the talking.
The kid can dive though. Did u see that flip...
Maybe he's just playing footy til the Olympics come around

nah, dont agree at all, the kid had an injury that stopped him from playing in the 2019 GF.
yes he lost his way, we all know that. it's upto him and us to get the best out of him, that's what I'm saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF
it's happening GIF

Ahhh yes. A solid win coming up I reckon. Other than Richmond simply just being better. Geelol has their Dusty :$ playing his 200th in which we all now what milestone games mean, and David King is filling in for the Brad Johnson village idiot role, so Johnnos tip dont count this week. :cool:

Chris Sook already 'doubling down' making excuses and generally just being himself, the arrogant, unlikable campaigner he is. These pretenders beat us twice last year reckon we'll go in dry.

All is aligning nicely in 22. Thank you!

ugh, Jack Ross.

We are all fairly concerned with RCD, but seriously how concerned should we be about Dow? he still can't break through in front of "Not Ross Funke".

Those outs for those Ins reminds me a lot of last 8 weeks of 2021. Would be extremely impressed if we win this. Geelong to me are a tier below the top, but they are a consistent, discipline machine. Any fadeouts and they will roast us like marshmallows.

The In's vs the Outs is a huge jump

For everyone melting about Ross, look where he's named.

He played well on-ball in the VFL last week, so this week he's being given a chance playing Cotchin's role. In and under is where he should be.
Agree. As I keep banging on about ..he just needs to be instructed to get the pill, and not try to do too much. Simply hand it off immediately to a teammate. Then make his way to the next contest. Rinse and repeat. We know he can find it. He just needs to understand he is a complete butcher of it in general play. He must surely be starting to work it out.

If a guy like Sonsie tries to go inboard and turns it over. You encourage him as he has obvious skills.

Ross - sorry son.... Dish it off at 1st opportunity!

watching the VFL every week I don't think Stack is doing that great overall. mostly because they are playing him in the wrong position but still. doesn't really surprise me he isn't getting selected despite last weeks game

honestly I'd probably keep ralphsmith in over edwards but i'm not super annoyed about it. ralphsmi does need to clean up his ground ball gathering/handball receives/composure and he'll be back in soon enough
If you're not in the senior team, then the VFL is where you need to show consistently good form to be considered worthy of a senior game. You are correct in that Stack can not put together a body of work in the 2s that warrants Stack getting a senior game. Yes he played well last week but the task is for him to do it more consistently. Ross on the other hand keeps putting himself up for selection as he is more consistent. I do not care if others think Stack has more talent and should be played first. The club thinks Ross is more deserving and I agree with them. What has Stack done in the last 3 years? I'll tell you....."Stack-s**t".

Cmon Vassp how long can you develop a negative film? Seriously he's an over rated potato and he reminds me of that hot blonde I liked when i was 17yo. A utensil teaser ;)
Ross dominates in the VFL - He was only playing against Coburg
Stack has his 1 of 2 decent games - He should be selected

FMD The was Stack has performed this year after coming back in crap consition again he will be a very very lucky boy to be playing AFL in 2023
South Freo awaits

Herald Sun article just outlined Cameron’s performance against top-8 v bottom-10 teams is the biggest differential of any player. But it seems everyone except ‘experts’ like to acknowledge Jezza is the biggest downhill skier of all-time and has been his entire career. When his team is dominating against the also-rans he never misses out on a big lick of the ice cream.

He’s a very good player, but clearly best in the competition … give me a spell. When he performs in finals or regularly against top teams he can join the conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Forget Icecream, the media seem to want to lick something else. He is good but not the best.

nah, dont agree at all, the kid had an injury that stopped him from playing in the 2019 GF.
yes he lost his way, we all know that. it's upto him and us to get the best out of him, that's what I'm saying.
20220624_063842.jpg

Maybe Sydney should have this taped to his locker. We all support the kid and hope he makes it but it's up to him and him alone if he does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back