Preview Geelong vs Richmond, round 15, MCG Saturday June 25, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at the people melting here. Ross is the logical inclusions for Cotch, as is Soldo for Balta, as he’s the only one that can play forward/Ruck. Also how many times to people have to be told that Stack needs both consistency and to show professionalism off field before he gets a proper go at AFL level. He could be a great player, but people act like his 20 possession games in 2019 should carry him into the side. Either way, we’re not going to lose this game because of selection. We lose if the players don’t bring pressure and hunger, it’s that simple. We will win otherwise, or at least get close
And you know his professionalism isn't up to scratch how. Hardwick and a few others mentioned it in October, 8 months ago. Since then he has been in full training, played a 14 odd matches and looks in good nick and good touch. He had 23 and 3 goals only 3 odd weeks ago. Played wing preseason. He was our best player in about round 22 last season in the AFL.

I think we need to start narrowing down the field for the finals team. An up and going Stack is a real bonus, more so than MRJ or young Clarke, add Edwards in there as well the way he is playing.

True, but it’s been a long time since he’s had to do it
Yes but Balta did it as a 19 year old, why not give him a crack as a lot more seasoned player. Adds a lot of flexibility and I have zero faith in Soldo as a forward. Miller could easily play a third tall and can run and tackle as good as anyone, something that Soldo can't. Besides he is wasting away in the VFL, another one.

Could come back to bite us playing Tarrant infront of miller. Millers looks to good for vfl but we seem to want to persist with Tarrant. Still don’t get why we went and got Tarrant.

Could come back to bite us playing Tarrant infront of miller. Millers looks to good for vfl but we seem to want to persist with Tarrant. Still don’t get why we went and got Tarrant.
Because Tarrant has a lot more experience and better one on one that will be needed against Hawkins

Miller been playing as a spare in the vfl so his numbers are inflated

So many defenders look good in VFL. Ive been Tarrants harshest critic this year but hes heads and shoulders above Miller atm.

If you're not in the senior team, then the VFL is where you need to show consistently good form to be considered worthy of a senior game. You are correct in that Stack can not put together a body of work in the 2s that warrants Stack getting a senior game. Yes he played well last week but the task is for him to do it more consistently. Ross on the other hand keeps putting himself up for selection as he is more consistent. I do not care if others think Stack has more talent and should be played first. The club thinks Ross is more deserving and I agree with them. What has Stack done in the last 3 years? I'll tell you....."Stack-s**t".

Nice post.
People want players showing form to be selected, but when Ross outperforms Stack, RCD and Dow every week in the Twos, they want to disregard their original argument.
Ross was a no brainer for inclusion on last week's effort against Coburg.
If you use the 'it's only Coburg argument' people, apply it across the board!

The Jack Ross I saw at VFL level last week was much closer to the one we saw in his first season than anything we've seen from him at AFL level this year.

I'm happy to give him another go to cover for Cotch, but this is probably his last chance.

Im not sure what the big deal about Richmond selecting Ross is.

Hes played good in the VFL for pretty much the whole season. From memory, this is one of the only times he's started off in the Mid (Could be wrong, but none the less he rarely gets a go). I would 100% prefer to play him over Aarts, Castagna, RCD etc.

lets see how he goes this weekend, he might surprise us all.

Im not sure what the big deal about Richmond selecting Ross is.

Hes played good in the VFL for pretty much the whole season. From memory, this is one of the only times he's started off in the Mid (Could be wrong, but none the less he rarely gets a go). I would 100% prefer to play him over Aarts, Castagna, RCD etc.

lets see how he goes this weekend, he might surprise us all.
He has earned and very much deserves a crack at playing inside mid in the AFL.

He's literally the best equipped replacement on our list

Agree. As I keep banging on about ..he just needs to be instructed to get the pill, and not try to do too much. Simply hand it off immediately to a teammate. Then make his way to the next contest. Rinse and repeat. We know he can find it. He just needs to understand he is a complete butcher of it in general play. He must surely be starting to work it out.

If a guy like Sonsie tries to go inboard and turns it over. You encourage him as he has obvious skills.

Ross - sorry son.... Dish it off at 1st opportunity!
Exactly, get ball, dish it off to to the outside runners in Short and Bolton asap
Simple’s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who’s going tomorrow?
25% off tickets and kids in free
I’m sitting level 2 on wing, gonna be epic
How do you get a ticket?(Haven't gone to a oppo home game in decades)
Can you walk up and get a GA or a Reserve seat?
Still deciding to go or not is the issue.lol

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF
it's happening GIF's happening GIF

Ahhh yes. A solid win coming up I reckon. Other than Richmond simply just being better. Geelol has their Dusty :$ playing his 200th in which we all now what milestone games mean, and David King is filling in for the Brad Johnson village idiot role, so Johnnos tip dont count this week. :cool:

Chris Sook already 'doubling down' making excuses and generally just being himself, the arrogant, unlikable campaigner he is. These pretenders beat us twice last year reckon we'll go in dry.

All is aligning nicely in 22. Thank you!
Ah Chrissy, he'll be all into the manscaping; the botox, maybe the xanex ... heaps of and, facial creams, in preparation for the coaching box TV shots. He wont want his old emotional facial expressions to give the game away.

1656033853921.jpeg 1656033936551.jpeg

Chrissy just be going for the hipster grin

images

Hey guys sorry for the intrusion.

I personally don’t see the disappointment in the Soldo selection. happy to be proved wrong (as I’m not the tigers supporter) but having 2 good ruckman against our joke of a ruckman (Rhys Stanley) is a smart selection. I think we’ll be crushed in the middle and in ruck.
Soldo has been badly out of form. His tap work has not been great and his work around the ground has been very poor. He has better footy in him though so hopefully his form turns.

How do you get a ticket?(Haven't gone to a oppo home game in decades)
Can you walk up and get a GA or a Reserve seat?
Still deciding to go or not is the issue.lol
Tiger Army! Be there as we take on the Cats this Saturday in a top 8 clash! Get 25% off tickets >> https://bit.ly/39K7i97. Go Tiges! OptOut Stop 0438302199

I used this link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back