Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Pos JK and Barrass, Nic Nat tried his guts out

Neg we lost a game for a champion without giving him the chance to sing the club song one more time which was his biggest hope against a beatable team. Disgraceful.
Disgraceful is a bit OTT, IMO.

We are a below average team. Have been for a fair while.

Disgraceful is a bit OTT, IMO.

We are a below average team. Have been for a fair while.
No it is disgraceful, you need to have standards at your club if you're serious about anything, and our standards have been so poor for so long that we've ruined an entirely deserved send off for someone who's given literally everything he has in the tank for the club, it's not acceptable.

I haven’t wanted a win in a game so much since the grand final and pretty gutted some major skill errors and brain farts genuinely threw this game away and I’m still a little emotional about it.

Positives:
A generational full forward I’ve been lucky to cheer on for 300 games an incredible personal way to go out.
Nic Nat clearly wanted the win and was pushing everything out of himself to get it for JK.
Jones, again some disposal issues but his willingness to take the game on creates space and puts pressure on defenders.
Barrass 100% should be AA FB.

Negatives:
There’s no way this side should carry shuey redden and gaff in the same team next year, someone, if not two need to go. Especially since if these guys are on the list, they will be getting selected.
Gaff is a WAFL player surviving on a never ending bank of credits. His disposal is horrendous, the game stops when he gets it. Greg Clark 100% should be getting game time ahead of him.
I really hope duggan wants to go home, I’d happily take a third rounder for him.
Bailey Williams fail running into an open goal is a player far to comfortable. Clearly no feel of playing for his spot and needing to kick this goal, just figjam look at me!
Foley is a pretty simple delist, as is Langdon.
The AFL are ruining this game, the HTB rule has become non-existent compared to the start of the year where it was the year to be cracking down on it. Couple that with the amount of throws and it’s pretty clear there’s been an instruction to let everything go. You can’t just change the rules of the game to fit your product for *s sake.

Positives
Josh Kennedy just became an immortal...

Negatives
  • Gaff dropping two chest marks in the first quarter, both turned into goals
  • Jones 50, what the * was he thinking
  • Ryan running into fwd50 in 3/4 where we had 4 options in space but he found two crows
  • Jones getting massive over the shoulder obvious tackle and wasn't paid. Didn't shrug lift his arms. Obvious free kick

Negative: We lost to a very average team despite having so much more than them to play for, a finals like crowd behind us, and Simpson throwing the old guard in the middle much more than previous weeks. If there is any belief within the club that we could bounce back next year with better fitness and less injuries, today should have completely ended it.

No it is disgraceful, you need to have standards at your club if you're serious about anything, and our standards have been so poor for so long that we've ruined an entirely deserved send off for someone who's given literally everything he has in the tank for the club, it's not acceptable.
I get that, standards have slipped for 4 years. Bit hard to change anything during the year.

List needs a big turnover.

We are befitting and playing at a standard that our ladder position indicates.

Negatives
  • Gaff dropping two chest marks in the first quarter, both turned into goals.

Personally, I’d like to see some accountability for this. He didn’t exactly make up for these mistakes across the game.

“You’re on $900k a year and the team needs far more out of you. Go back to the scooby doos and show you’re up to it…”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried hard but * me that prick Fogarty does it to us every time.

Well played JK you've been a champion in every sense of the word and this club will miss you.
100% he kills us every time now he can give hibernate till we play again

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I haven’t wanted a win in a game so much since the grand final and pretty gutted some major skill errors and brain farts genuinely threw this game away and I’m still a little emotional about it.

Positives:
A generational full forward I’ve been lucky to cheer on for 300 games an incredible personal way to go out.
Nic Nat clearly wanted the win and was pushing everything out of himself to get it for JK.
Jones, again some disposal issues but his willingness to take the game on creates space and puts pressure on defenders.
Barrass 100% should be AA FB.

Negatives:
There’s no way this side should carry shuey redden and gaff in the same team next year, someone, if not two need to go. Especially since if these guys are on the list, they will be getting selected.
Gaff is a WAFL player surviving on a never ending bank of credits. His disposal is horrendous, the game stops when he gets it. Greg Clark 100% should be getting game time ahead of him.
I really hope duggan wants to go home, I’d happily take a third rounder for him.
Bailey Williams fail running into an open goal is a player far to comfortable. Clearly no feel of playing for his spot and needing to kick this goal, just figjam look at me!
Foley is a pretty simple delist, as is Langdon.
The AFL are ruining this game, the HTB rule has become non-existent compared to the start of the year where it was the year to be cracking down on it. Couple that with the amount of throws and it’s pretty clear there’s been an instruction to let everything go. You can’t just change the rules of the game to fit your product for *s sake.

You can say nic nat pushed everything out of himself…. Or you can look at the facts and say he played less than 75% game so he didn’t push that hard….
Next year with our ageing midfield no doubt getting most of the midfield minutes and him on his game time we are going to be gassed in games way before 3/4 time.

Negative: We lost to a very average team despite having so much more than them to play for, a finals like crowd behind us, and Simpson throwing the old guard in the middle much more than previous weeks. If there is any belief within the club that we could bounce back next year with better fitness and less injuries, today should have completely ended it.
Lol at the doom and gloom.
Gov, Allen, Sheed, Yeo, Cole, Ledwards, Culley to take over from Hedwards, Gaff, SPS, Foley, Langdon, Waterman isn’t gonna provide any improvement what so ever?
Not to mention 3 top 30 picks with one of them in the top 3, plus we haven’t even seen chesser yet.
Relax.

• JK. Hero
  • Barrass. Immense

- unbelievably tired of watching our blokes consistently out worked, out muscled and out sprinted.

We don't have stamina, strength or speed. Surely no one except Jack Darling and Jamaine Jones is actually hitting their S&C KPIs.

We are going to be easy beats until we can get the basics of preparation right.

- Gaff and Shuey. Something has to give. Neither of them are up to it any more.

Positive: One of the great VFL/AFL last games from Kennedy

Negative: This rebuild is going to be long and ugly

Positives
Josh Kennedy just became an immortal...

Negatives
  • Gaff dropping two chest marks in the first quarter, both turned into goals
  • Jones 50, what the * was he thinking
  • Ryan running into fwd50 in 3/4 where we had 4 options in space but he found two crows
  • Jones getting massive over the shoulder obvious tackle and wasn't paid. Didn't shrug lift his arms. Obvious free kick
Ryan also hit up JK 4 or 5 times but whatever.
The dud kick went were he wanted it to, the player didn't run to where he expected him too.
utensil up but he had a good game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back