News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that he mentions he had confidential one on one meetings with other players at his house and that he did all he could at the time. Either, the club shut him up or he didn't do enough? Anway, it's a hard one to judge.

I look back at all the controversies and personal trauma that I've encountered in my workplace in the past and though there were some weak apologies, it's still the same people in charge and systems weren't put in place to prevent these situations in future. The culprits at hand were also not really punished. At the end of the day, I get it's not as easy as turning against your employer and speaking up can be difficult when you're the one traumatised and still employed. It's even harder to speak up against your employer on behalf of your colleague. I tried to do it back then, but ultimately, my voice meant very little and the boss had the last say.
As it is with the Crows, this is a sign of sh*t management. And everyone knows when management is sh*t, and the care factor goes out the window. Which is exactly what happened.

As it is with the Crows, this is a sign of sh*t management. And everyone knows when management is sh*t, and the care factor goes out the window. Which is exactly what happened.
It just sucks we have to suffer these fools running the place for so long... Membership votes for board members the only way to bring accountability, not a token seat at the table.

Well I’m sure Caroline would have confirmed her source but if there is any truth those players need to be put back in their place.
The goal celebration between Tex and McAdam suggests Caro is wrong. Milera seems ok with Tex as well.

We might be losing games, but you can see the guys are tight at the moment. Almost like the period after Walsh died till the GF. The fun is back.

2018 and 19 you could see fractures.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It just sucks we have to suffer these fools running the place for so long... Membership votes for board members the only way to bring accountability, not a token seat at the table.

Do some research.

Read our Constitution. It is all there what the requirements are.

Repeat, do your research.

The goal celebration between Tex and McAdam suggests Caro is wrong. Milera seems ok with Tex as well.

We might be losing games, but you can see the guys are tight at the moment. Almost like the period after Walsh died till the GF. The fun is back.

2018 and 19 you could see fractures.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Tex is the actual leader and spiritual leader in this club.

Yes, occasionally he stuffs up but watch happens on the field on game day.

Croc media are a croc of s**t. Did someone say we didn’t sign a commercial contract with Croc of s**t?

They want to keep the story alive.

Glad when our season is over.
Croc of shit are trying to get back at the club for not signing with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Caro says on Footy Classified last night that the indigenous players felt they should have been consulted before Tex was re-signed.

WTF!
If this is accurate, I seriously doubt those players would have expected to be able to veto a signing. But under the circumstances, you would imagine there ought to have been 'consultation' with the indigenous lads just to keep an eye on how everyone was feeling, especially as many might have thought he was going to retire.

So Caro says on Footy Classified last night that the indigenous players felt they should have been consulted before Tex was re-signed.

WTF!
You would think that if the Indigenous players still felt that Tex was not remorseful and/or doing enough to learn from his words, then he wouldn't still be in the team right now.

I'm curious if its the same posters having a crack at the media now are the same ones who had a crack at the media and labelled the camp a media beat up.

Are we just the unlucky club that gets hammered by the media for no reason?

I think where people get angry is the tone. Caro's argument that if it happened at Richmond or Collingwood it would be front page news is correct, but so was the crows. But the difference isn't the fact the club gets reported on, its the way the club is reported on. Every time we stuff up, we have a tonne of vic journalists lining up to pot shot the AFC from every angle, then they smash every person from the club who speaks out, analysing every word and determining it wasn't good enough, they fundamentally exaggerate reactions i.e. claiming Silvers delivered a controversial apology, but doesn't state who found it controversial. Then you have a massive pile on about speculation of punishment. This is something we just dont see to the same levels when we see a vic club. This is why people complain about the media. The media even hijacked Eddies book to push the agenda and totally forgot to talk about other aspects of his book.

Membership votes for board members will become split two ways - a popularity contest or those that want “outsiders” in. Either way a membership vote won’t be on a careful reflection of suitability and resume.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If this is accurate, I seriously doubt those players would have expected to be able to veto a signing. But under the circumstances, you would imagine there ought to have been 'consultation' with the indigenous lads just to keep an eye on how everyone was feeling, especially as many might have thought he was going to retire.

I disagree. None of them would have had the impression he was going to retire because there was never any indication, or if they did, they certainly shouldn't have. I really dont agree with any premise they need to be consulted at any stage. Even if it was to just do a well being check in relation to it. Whats the point in discovering they are unhappy if the club has no intention of listening to them. Which btw the club shouldn't.

Now having said that, maybe in initial talks last year after the racism incident the club and welfare officers may have talked about how next year (2022) his contract expires. Maybe some of them just went in thinking this would be the end.

Membership votes for board members will become split two ways - a popularity contest or those that want “outsiders” in. Either way a membership vote won’t be on a careful reflection of suitability and resume.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep, it will turn into factional warfare.

Pulling this in a slightly different direction...perfect time to lobby Silvers and management to finally rebrand and get rid of the current logo. Great way to distinguish the old guard from the new ;)
Now you're talking. Back to the 90s logo when we were good on & off the field
Adelaide Crows logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back