Autopsy 2022 Rd 23 Choked again. Season Done.

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a great system until pendlebury and sidebottom retire… those guys platform them and I don’t think they get the results they did this year without them. Could have easily been 11 loses on the trot for them…

Those goals that Pies kicked to win about 6 of those games late - at least 2 of Pendles, Moore, Sidebottom and Elliot were part of the chain every single time.

What I don't get is how those players seem to be unmarked with oodles of space every damn time it happens - including against us. You'd think teams would have figured out what to look for by now.

People are so worried about N.Daicos and Ginnivan but in the death it's been their experienced players getting them over the line every time.

The 2nd part is irrelevant to Quaynor clearly pushing Jack into Cameron.

I don't understand what you're watching?
It's not a victim mentality. There's a video clearly showing what happened.

There's an argument to be made that, even if he hadn't been pushed, JSOS was intending to bump/block Cameron.

He was looking at him and starting to brace for the contact in the split second before Quaynor pushed him.

The ball was well out of frame at that point though, so you could easily argue that he was simply going to engage and then try and compete for the ball - then he was pushed from the other side, exaggerating the contact, and Cripps drifted in unopposed so JSOS didn't even bother pretending to compete for the ball.

My take on it is that a player should never be penalised for blocking or bumping an opponent if one of the opponent's teammates in any way pushes them into the contact. Cut and dry. Quaynor pushes JSOS into Cameron, play on, regardless of what JSOS may or may not have been attempting to do. In the same way that if you have two players competing for a ground ball, and one gets shoved forcibly from behind into the oncoming player, the player who was shoved should have no case to answer for any injury sustained to the player they collect.

I do think JSOS was looking at Cameron and about to put on a block and then got a push to help him along. Umpire would have seen him looking at cameron and then get in his way and missed the push. Play on in my books but s**t happens.

Frees were 20-14 at this stage, more to us. We had just got a bullcrap deliberate out of bounds given to us on the wing.....

umpires make mistakes, they cant be helped, skill errors can be fixed.

There's an argument to be made that, even if he hadn't been pushed, JSOS was intending to bump/block Cameron.

He was looking at him and starting to brace for the contact in the split second before Quaynor pushed him.
I just looked at it and came to the same conclusion - i also think the umpire would have been blindsided to the push and not seen it.

I do think JSOS was looking at Cameron and about to put on a block and then got a push to help him along. Umpire would have seen him looking at cameron and then get in his way and missed the push. Play on in my books but s**t happens.

Frees were 20-14 at this stage, more to us. We had just got a bullcrap deliberate out of bounds given to us on the wing.....

umpires make mistakes, they cant be helped, skill errors can be fixed.
You're allowed to look anywhere you want.
It's not a free without contact, and contact only came due to Quaynor shoving Jack.

Also, there is no 'deliberate out of bounds' anymore. It's a failure to show sufficient intent to keep the ball in. Fans may hate it, but there are no longer any 'bullcrap deliberate' frees anymore.

And I'm not arguing that we can't fix umpiring mistakes in the same way we can fix our skill and decision making errors, which is what the club should be focussing on.
But we can acknowledge that the umpires made several terrible errors which effected the scoring, favouring Collingwood.

You're allowed to look anywhere you want.
It's not a free without contact, and contact only came due to Quaynor shoving Jack.

Also, there is no 'deliberate out of bounds' anymore. It's a failure to show sufficient intent to keep the ball in. Fans may hate it, but there are no longer any 'bullcrap deliberate' frees anymore.

And I'm not arguing that we can't fix umpiring mistakes in the same way we can fix our skill and decision making errors, which is what the club should be focussing on.
But we can acknowledge that the umpires made several terrible errors which effected the scoring, favouring Collingwood.

Stamos it seems you believe every free kick we get is warranted, and those we don't should be, those the opposition get are incorrect

Sometimes you just have to say we stuffed up, plain and simple without getting into complicated analysis on a player's single action or an umpire's decision. We lost it, that's the fact, and the whole team/club shoulders that responsibility and works on being better.

Stamos it seems you believe every free kick we get is warranted, and those we don't should be, those the opposition get are incorrect
This is what I meant by victim mentality ^

What an absolutely messed up circus like comedy of errors.
Just calamity after calamity. In the end I just laughed at it. You cannot script or write this stuff.
We'd actually done it. We'd survived three weeks plus of BS and EFF ups. The last check point was within reach. It was hanging right there. We didn't even have to reach for it ! Just take the foot off the gas a bit and cruise thru the finish line ...... smidge of composure. just a little.
But no.... I mean I know folks that cashed out on bets etc. They'd turned away.... they were cheering.

UGH!

And damn it with a few players back we definitely could've taken Freo. Watch the Bull dogs take em down.
There was talk of us 'making up numbers anyway'. Yeah nah. We could've done some damage.
And we needed some finals experience. There's nothing like it for the players.
So an opportunity gone absolutely begging in the most twisted forked up way possible.

Silver linings. Yeah nah yeah nah.
You DO NOT sit poised in the top 4 then drop like that. I hope the players in question go back and really take a long hard look at some of those brain snaps in the end. We all know who they are.

I'm not gutted. That's reserved for Grand Finals and Prelims.
This is just utterly confusing and borderline completely unreal.
Just forking how?
Probably never know.....

Thank you for being a realist and revealing the painful reality that another rebuild is a distinct possibility
Wow and I thought I was taking the loss badly....

This is garbage. We were younger than every team not in the bottom 6 this season.

Almost all flags are won by teams with several veterans/leaders in their thirties. Our oldest important player is 28.

We are primed for a run at it over the next few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Scott took a list in a premiership window and won a flag first year.

This list is in its premiership window and didn’t make the top 8. This list was built to be in its prime right now. The cherrys on top have been added over the last 2 years. It’s called a window for a reason. Cripps will be past his prime soon. It’s a fail. A spectacular one.

This list was no where near a premiership window this year

But hang on, there are varying degrees of errors and in this case this error was immense and compounded by another terrible free given to them inside 50m just a minute later.

There is no victim mentality here. That has cost us the game. The errors that followed, we wouldn't have even been in that position in the first place. Yes we stuffed up at the end, but it shouldn't have got to that point. In this case the umpires have taken an easy set shot off us and given one to Collingwood. No brainer if Cripps goes back and scores a goal or even if Johnson doesn't get that ridiculous free and goal we win. So much more pressure on us after that goal and so much more belief for Collingwood. It has a flow on affect, more than just a 12 point differential. So the umps have clearly influenced this result.

But hang on, there are varying degrees of errors and in this case this error was immense and compounded by another terrible free given to them inside 50m just a minute later.

There is no victim mentality here. That has cost us the game. The errors that followed, we wouldn't have even been in that position in the first place. Yes we stuffed up at the end, but it shouldn't have got to that point. In this case the umpires have taken an easy set shot off us and given one to Collingwood. No brainer if Cripps goes back and scores a goal or even if Johnson doesn't get that ridiculous free and goal we win. So the umps have clearly influenced this result.

I guess it was the umpires fault that we had 2 goaless quarters, an hour of footy

I just looked at it and came to the same conclusion - i also think the umpire would have been blindsided to the push and not seen it.
Wouldn't it be great if the umps stopped guessing?
That's what frustrates me the most, as any decent ump that saw the Q push would've let it go, as Cripps marked the ball.

Well I think according to Hutchy and Cornes our premiership window was somewhere between August 1 and August 22 2022. Hutchy convinced we are now going to have to sell off half our list.
Hutchy also reckoned we would lose to Gold Coast in their first game in 2011. The man’s got no idea. Cornes I’m convinced just wants to get reactions from Carlton fans at this point

Well I think according to Hutchy and Cornes our premiership window was somewhere between August 1 and August 22 2022. Hutchy convinced we are now going to have to sell off half our list.
Whenever Kane and Hutchy talk about our salary I just laugh. They'll be telling us that LOB's next contract is 800K soon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back