Autopsy 2022 Rd 23 Choked again. Season Done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't it be great if the umps stopped guessing?
That's what frustrates me the most, as any decent ump that saw the Q push would've let it go, as Cripps marked the ball.
But if he doesn't see the push and sees silvagni 'block' the opposition then he'll pay the free to the opposition, makes sense.

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

This list was no where near a premiership window this year

I find this post completely lacks understanding and is reactionary of us finishing 9th.

It is not our list that is not anywhere near a prem window. It is our transition plan from defence to attack that is not up to scratch. It is our coaching group not coaching final minutes pressure that is not up to scratch. They will now have learnt and will remedy next season. Something the Pies coaching group do better at this point in time.

If Voss can solve our transition issues both on attack and on defence then ‘this same list‘ will go top 4 next year.

This 2022 list you revise down only missed finals due to significant injuries through this 2022 season and final minute panics.

Our list is full of beasts that have held us up this year with a weak transition Plan.

Leigh Montagna & Cornes :mad:

Ross Lyon on MMM was laughing at Andy Maher after the siren, that's why they were all looking over, was pretty funny

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I find this post completely lacks understanding and is reactionary of us finishing 9th.

It is not our list that is not anywhere near a prem window. It is our transition plan from defence to attack that is not up to scratch. It is our coaching group not coaching final minutes pressure that is not up to scratch. They will now have learnt and will remedy next season. Something the Pies coaching group do better at this point in time.

If Voss can solve our transition issues both on attack and on defence then ‘this same list‘ will go top 4 next year.

This 2022 list you revise down only missed finals due to significant injuries through this 2022 season and final minute panics.

Our list is full of beasts that have held us up this year with a weak transition Plan.

I think he is actually 100% right with the list not being ready this year.

Our players had to have some lessons taught to them and now they have.

Experience is what we lack…

But hang on, there are varying degrees of errors and in this case this error was immense and compounded by another terrible free given to them inside 50m just a minute later.

There is no victim mentality here. That has cost us the game. The errors that followed, we wouldn't have even been in that position in the first place. Yes we stuffed up at the end, but it shouldn't have got to that point. In this case the umpires have taken an easy set shot off us and given one to Collingwood. No brainer if Cripps goes back and scores a goal or even if Johnson doesn't get that ridiculous free and goal we win. So much more pressure on us after that goal and so much more belief for Collingwood. It has a flow on affect, more than just a 12 point differential. So the umps have clearly influenced this result.
In our universe, perhaps. But this is verbatim from the Collingwood thread:

I don't think people truly appreciate what an impact it has on a game of football when one team is forced to follow the rules stringently while the other doesn't. It borderline makes you unstoppable. As we saw in the 3rd quarter.

You can find many in there waxing lyrical about the 7 centre-bounce free kicks paid to us in the third quarter, blah blah blah. Plenty of them believe we needed the umpires to get us close. Some of them are so bitter, you'd think they lost the game.

Point is, their umpiring-related opinions are just as valid as ours. Which emphasises the point: there is no bigger waste of time than complaining about umpiring decisions. The umpires will always be there, and they will always make mistakes. Those mistakes are evenly spread and fairly thoroughly randomised, conspiracy theorists notwithstanding.

I am very glad Voss didn't waste his breath on those officiating, and I think McRae can shove his "rub of the green" where the sun don't shine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those goals that Pies kicked to win about 6 of those games late - at least 2 of Pendles, Moore, Sidebottom and Elliot were part of the chain every single time.

What I don't get is how those players seem to be unmarked with oodles of space every damn time it happens - including against us. You'd think teams would have figured out what to look for by now.

People are so worried about N.Daicos and Ginnivan but in the death it's been their experienced players getting them over the line every time.
On the last play, Pendlebury was free only because he was cooked. Was on our d50 line with hands on knees. Starts walking towards the middle as the kick goes in, then all of a sudden Maynard has the ball and Pendles is on his own in the middle.

The rest, you know.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a forum, its being debated. Some are saying it had no bearing, some are the opposite. I'm not sure condescension adds any value at all.
Hardly a contentious point and I’d imagine this far post game the reality of our team bungling their finals chances on their own accord would’ve set in. Presumably we’re all adults here, even if the calls were incorrect we can understand that they didn’t cost us the match.

I think he is actually 100% right with the list not being ready this year.

Our players had to have some lessons taught to them and now they have.

Experience is what we lack…

Then you dismiss that significant injuries had any part to play in 2022 with ‘the list’ this year and you dismiss anything to do with Voss being in his first year and only being able to give ‘the list’ stoppage plays. This is not a shot at Voss as he needs more time to put in place transition plans that are more effectiv.

For. mine, if Voss had done the 3xtrordinary and had a better transition plan from turnovers and defence, then it was a possible flag opportunity. Nothing to do with the quality of list he had. Vossy had the electric half back line in the league in Saad, Doch and Williams yet didnt hVE a way of using them eff3ctively.

There is literally Nothng more exciting or impressive list wise in the league than Cripps, Walsh, Weitering, Charlie, McKay, Saad, Docherty, Cerra. Not to mention a few more names besides.

I think people are saying list when they mean strategy and tactics as the cause for missing out in 2022. Id totally agree with that.

Hardly a contentious point and I’d imagine this far post game the reality of our team bungling their finals chances on their own accord would’ve set in. Presumably we’re all adults here, even if the calls were incorrect we can understand that they didn’t cost us the match.

I disagree. They played their part. Once again, I dont think you need to intimate that those who disagree with you must not be mature.

I know it's been a while but I still need to get s**t off my chest. Everyone is different. One must never assume.

Now we agree to disagree.

Then you dismiss that significant injuries had any part to play in 2022 with ‘the list’ this year and you dismiss anything to do with Voss being in his first year and only being able to give ‘the list’ stoppage plays. This is not a shot at Voss as he needs more time to put in place transition plans that are more effectiv.

For. mine, if Voss had done the 3xtrordinary and had a better transition plan from turnovers and defence, then it was a possible flag opportunity. Nothing to do with the quality of list he had. Vossy had the electric half back line in the league in Saad, Doch and Williams yet didnt hVE a way of using them eff3ctively.

There is literally Nothng more exciting or impressive list wise in the league than Cripps, Walsh, Weitering, Charlie, McKay, Saad, Docherty, Cerra. Not to mention a few more names besides.

I think people are saying list when they mean strategy and tactics as the cause for missing out in 2022. Id totally agree with that.

Bang on bro. Pies list isn't even close to ours, even their supporters (those with half a brain) admit it.

I just looked at it and came to the same conclusion - i also think the umpire would have been blindsided to the push and not seen it.
AFL level qualified ump who critiques umpiring performance on Twitter was very clear that it shouldn’t have been a free kick however as you said believed the umpire was likely blindsided.

This shits me though. If you haven’t got a clear view then don’t call it

I stated we were an 11-13 win side. Tell me how that is reactionary?

My statement was about "this year", nothing to do with the future, nor has any of my thoughts changed in terms of what's required

Last edited:
On the last play, Pendlebury was free only because he was cooked. Was on our d50 line with hands on knees. Starts walking towards the middle as the kick goes in, then all of a sudden Maynard has the ball and Pendles is on his own in the middle.

The rest, you know.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

You sweet, innocent child.

Pendlebury wasn't tired at all. He paused, placed his hands on his knees and entered a semi-meditative state as he drew upon the collective belief of all junior basketballers across the world, activating his Super Ex-Basketball Player Powers, slowing down time and creating space where none previously existed.

It is the only rational explanation.

Last edited:
Coaches' Votes

10 - Patrick Cripps (CARL)
5 -
Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
5 - Sam Docherty (CARL)
4 - Adam Cerra (CARL)
4 -
Brayden Maynard (COLL)
1 - Josh Daicos (COLL)
1 - Darcy Moore (COLL)