• Brayshaw

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Walsh

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Rozee

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So I can’t have an opinion on a player unless I am a player or a coach?
Yeah fair point, sorry if I came off a bit rude and blunt but it just seems abit silly to deem players as overrated and not damaging when professionals of the industry say otherwise, anyway let’s just agree to disagree to save clogging up the thread.

Yeah fair point, probably came off a bit rude and blunt but it just seems abit silly to deem players as overrated and not damaging when professionals of industry say otherwise, anyway let’s just agree to disagree to save clogging up the thread.
Nah it’s alright. Like I said I never said he was bad, but I probably shouldn’t have said he was disgustingly overrated. I’ll keep an open mind while watching Freo play next week.

Walsh then daylight.

Kane Cornes needs to be removed from the AA selection panel, or else we're going to see 10 straight years of Rozee AA...

I guess Kane better stop doing coaches votes as well huh ?

After Reading through the comments, I have noticed a common theme of club bias. I’ve always believed there is only one fairway of judging the AFL awards. That would be by giving the coaches 33% of the vote, the media 33% of the vote, the players 33% of the vote and 1% of the vote goes to the fans as they are the most biased when watching football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually think the umps are probably the least biased of anybody. Sure they favour midfielders, but in terms of team biases, they are probably the least likely as they must do a 3,2,1 for every game regardless if it is an exclusive all Victorian Friday night "Blockbuster" or Sunday twilight on the Gold Coast.

The media shouldn't be let near any award giving. A prime example is the SEN poll on who was the better player, Robbie Gray or Shane Edwards? Garry Lyon couldn't answer it and Tim Watson after a pained thought process "just" came around to Robbie Gray. I mean its not even close yet these bozos struggle to recognise it. Touk Miller won the coaches vote but if it were up to the Melbourne media it would be "Touk who?" Going by bigfooty and this debate, much of the average great unwashed Vic public are no different.

What a crop of players, Brayshaw MVP, Rozee all Australian and showdown medal this week and Walsh very stiff to miss out and will probably get as many if not more votes in the Brownlow than his team mate who was named vice captain of the team.

I guess Kane better stop doing coaches votes as well huh ?

Well if your fanbase had their way, the current co-judge of Rozee's coaches votes should be removed as well - so maybe we should take them with a grain of salt :thumbsu:

Rozee did not have a better season than Sicily, Laird, Walsh, Bont etc.

Ridiculous choice for an AA bench spot from a bottom 10 team.

Well if your fanbase had their way, the current co-judge of Rozee's coaches votes should be removed as well - so maybe we should take them with a grain of salt :thumbsu:

Sicily was absolutely robbed. Had a brilliant year.

After Reading through the comments, I have noticed a common theme of club bias. I’ve always believed there is only one fairway of judging the AFL awards. That would be by giving the coaches 33% of the vote, the media 33% of the vote, the players 33% of the vote and 1% of the vote goes to the fans as they are the most biased when watching football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is Brownlow by umps
Aflca champion by coaches
Mvp by players.
I feel if you win at least two of the three you can claim to be the best player for the year.
If there’s 3 different winners it just means there is no clear number 1 in that year.
Maybe club fans should go in to a ballot and 50 members from each club vote 321 on the best player in the league and you can only vote max 1 player per a club.

Name to post ratio is high..... the Coaches vote leaderboard would suggest he did have a better season than those mentioned. I note also that 2 of those players you mention are also from bottom ten teams (in fact teams below Port)

1661385349020.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually think the umps are probably the least biased of anybody. Sure they favour midfielders, but in terms of team biases, they are probably the least likely as they must do a 3,2,1 for every game regardless if it is an exclusive all Victorian Friday night "Blockbuster" or Sunday twilight on the Gold Coast.

The media shouldn't be let near any award giving. A prime example is the SEN poll on who was the better player, Robbie Gray or Shane Edwards? Garry Lyon couldn't answer it and Tim Watson after a pained thought process "just" came around to Robbie Gray. I mean its not even close yet these bozos struggle to recognise it. Touk Miller won the coaches vote but if it were up to the Melbourne media it would be "Touk who?" Going by bigfooty and this debate, much of the average great unwashed Vic public are no different.
Waaaaaaa some guy isn't rated as highly as some other guy waaaaaa I blame victorians and not the fact Walsh has been superior than Rozee every year until this year.

God the salty tears are real with GroggSquad, Rozee absolutely deserved his spot.

Top rated player in the AFL since from round 5 onward, top 5 in the AFLCA votes, Anzac Day medal, showdown medal. Picked himself.

In the end doesn’t matter what you think, he is an All Australia, get use to it

He kicked 16 goals and averaged 25 touches from Round 5 onward (when you ignore his awful start to the season) for the team that finished 11th. It's hardly the statline of a player that "picked himself".

Bont literally did everything better than Rozee statistically and his team is playing finals - a victim of his own lofty standards I guess?

Anyway, the AA selectors often throw a howler in there (Shane Edwards from my side in 2018 springs to mind) and Rozee is the 2022 howler :thumbsu:

He kicked 16 goals and averaged 25 touches from Round 5 onward (when you ignore his awful start to the season) for the team that finished 11th. It's hardly the statline of a player that "picked himself".

Bont literally did everything better than Rozee statistically and his team is playing finals - a victim of his own lofty standards I guess?

Anyway, the AA selectors often throw a howler in there (Shane Edwards from my side in 2018 springs to mind) and Rozee is the 2022 howler :thumbsu:

You’re smoking the pipe. Bont’s stats against the top 9 this year validate that he isn’t AA worthy

Guess champion data, the afl coaches, all Australia selectors were all wrong, GroggSquad knows all.

Back