• Labor

Votes: 128 87.1%
  • Coalition

Votes: 19 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He’d step down or be replaced, surely?
Possibly he would step down as Chief Health Officer if the Coalition wins power on November 26. Brett Sutton would rather prefer to work with Daniel Andrews than Matthew Guy. If an even worse variant of Covid came along next winter and the Liberals are in charge, would they listen to Sutton's advice to mask up indoors everywhere, introduce density limits etc, or completely ignore it?

Tony Abbott labelling the Andrew’s Government the worst in history, yep that’s from the man who led the second worse government in history only to be knocked off top spot by his own parties worst government in Scott from marketing.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Tony Abbott labelling the Andrew’s Government the worst in history, yep that’s from the man who led the second worse government in history only to be knocked off top spot by his own parties worst government in Scott from marketing.

Has the Victorian Liberals forgotten the 2014 Federal Budget handed down by the then Treasurer Joe Hockey which not only set the Abbott government back big time, but was one of the key reasons why the Coalition lost the 2014 Victorian state election? Oh, yes, and how many Newspolls in a row did Abbott lose to then leader of the Labor Party Bill Shorten, and was the major factor of Malcolm Turnbull challenging and then defeating Abbott for the the Liberal leadership/Prime Ministership in September 2015? Answer: 30.

Abbott delivered a majority post the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd era. Effectively Turnbull destroyed that majority & Morrison won in 2019 in the unwinnable election after a dismal campaign by the Shorten led ALP.
That Morrison saw out his term & felt the ire of the electors is a good thing for Australia.

Hopefully Albo faces the electorate next time. Winning an election should see you face the judgement of the people, not back room sleazy unelected powe brokers.

Abbott delivered a majority post the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd era. Effectively Turnbull destroyed that majority
I see this trotted out all the time. Why do you neglect the opinion polls of Abbott after the 2013 election prior to Turnbull?

If you include that information, you would draw a different conclusion on 2016.

I dont regard opinion polls as you seem to?
But they did give impetus to multiple changes in leaders in recent times. So while not as definitive as an election, can't be wholly dismissed either.

Last edited:
Opposition spokeperson David Davis lost a vote of no confidence in the Legislative Council at Parliament today. Sign of things to come for the Vic Liberals in the state election, perhaps?

I get within the context that he is 'not fit and proper' to sit in the House.

What I don't get is what are the consequences now. Appear to be nothing and we carry on as usual.
There are none, it's kinda like a censure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'll need to explain it to me. Internal party politics change leaders.
I will try, but we will need to take small baby steps.

Have you ever questioned why the internal party members changed their support from the incumbent to the challenger?

It was an election (in the party room) and a rejection by the electorate.

Abbott delivered a majority post the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd era. Effectively Turnbull destroyed that majority & Morrison won in 2019 in the unwinnable election after a dismal campaign by the Shorten led ALP.
That Morrison saw out his term & felt the ire of the electors is a good thing for Australia.

Hopefully Albo faces the electorate next time. Winning an election should see you face the judgement of the people, not back room sleazy unelected powe brokers.
Cool story.

Take it up with the electorate, who reward instability and punish those who see out their term.

Since 91 there's been 11 elections. 5 which kept their PM and 6 which changed them.

Keeping the leader returned 3 victories out of 6 attempts for a 50% return. (All of them Howard)

Changing the leader returned 4 victories out of 5 attempts for an 80% return. (Rudd being the only loser)

It's a much safer strategy to be unstable as that's what Australians want.

I’ll be sure to share this with people who still vote liberal thinking they’re voting for some Kennett era.

They’re voting for religious nutjobs

I’ll be sure to share this with people who still vote liberal thinking they’re voting for some Kennett era.

If you can't find normal people to keep you electorally relevant you'll take any old rubbish.

If you can't find normal people to keep you electorally relevant you'll take any old rubbish.
I don't know if it's a matter of the old guard taking the rubbish, but rather being unable to stop them.

The old guard liberals offered nothing to the millenials down, and cant find any members. It's one thing to vote for the liberals, it's quite another to join them. Who under 40 is gonna want to do that? Not even the big end of town is overly excited by them anymore. They are not what they once were, and those who remember what they were are literally dying. There's nothing for anyone under 40 to work towards. Theres no reason for passion.

The nut jobs tho... they are passionate. They're gonna join and do all the grass roots volunteer stuff. And they're gonna preselect nut jobs.

Eventually this ends with the Libs being a minor party. Dunno how many terms they might get in the mean time tho. One is a scary enough thought.

Howard absolutely ruined them. I hope he lives long enough to realise that.

On SM-G955U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cool story.

Take it up with the electorate, who reward instability and punish those who see out their term.

Since 91 there's been 11 elections. 5 which kept their PM and 6 which changed them.

Keeping the leader returned 3 victories out of 6 attempts for a 50% return. (All of them Howard)

Changing the leader returned 4 victories out of 5 attempts for an 80% return. (Rudd being the only loser)

It's a much safer strategy to be unstable as that's what Australians want.

Hey there is no denying the absence of stable government since the Howard reign.
Not sure why you'd choose 1991 to start your comparison.

Pentecostals are a disease that needs to be kept away from our country

Hey there is no denying the absence of stable government since the Howard reign.
Not sure why you'd choose 1991 to start your comparison.
generally 25-30 years is considered modern history right? Elections from the 80s had two generations which aren't here anymore, and there are two generations that are here now and didn't exist then. Not much point in analyzing that data in a modern context is there?

Back