Delisted #45 Hugo Hall-Kahan

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know if he's got a 6 or 18 month contract?
Pretty sure it's 6. There were a couple that nominated 18 months but hadn't read it for him.

Fairly sure it doesn't really matter. If we get to the end of the year and offer him an extension, can't see him (or any player) turning it down, just to try their hand at the draft. Even if another club has been in their ear, they'd have to hope some other non preferred club doesn't swoop first.

Edit: I stand corrected.

Last edited:

There's a good article in the Hun about East Sandringham Zebras, noting the players they have produced.
Ted Richards won a BnF there, and Chris Judd won his age group's BnF 6 years running. He's now coaching U11s.

"Hugo Hall-Kahan, the latest East Sandy player to be drafted to an AFL club, counts as one of the Zebbies’ most decorated players.

He won five consecutive best and fairests and in 2015 was captain of an under 12s premiership team coached by former AFL defender Max Hudghton.

Greg Kahan says his son “absolutely loved it’’ at East Sandy.

“I think it’s a brilliant family club. They get everyone involved,’’ he says.

“They look after all the kids, good, bad and ugly, which is how you want it. It was a super time there. Great for all the players, a lot of camaraderie. The boys went away making friends for life. Couldn’t give you a bad word about that place and nor could Hugo. It gave him a great grounding in football.
’’

So Judd wins 6, HHK 5. If HHK is 5/6ths as good as Judd, we've got a gun.

For me, his goals were good because he got into the right places, etc, however what raised my eyebrows was in the 3rd quarter when he was running down the flank towards goal then pulled a pass across his body to centre it and find an unmarked teammate. THAT was what started to get me excited.

For me, his goals were good because he got into the right places, etc, however what raised my eyebrows was in the 3rd quarter when he was running down the flank towards goal then pulled a pass across his body to centre it and find an unmarked teammate. THAT was what started to get me excited.
Ditto in first quarter to centre the ball to Adam Gulden to kick a goal.
Hugo took that moment with most of his kicks to look for the options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This.

Hugo had several high quality score assists during this game. Has good vision and the foot skills to execute.

I reckon he will thrive on training and playing. Oppo teams are likely to mark him more closely and it will be good to see how he responds to greater attention. One thing at least is that he has gained the confidence of his teammates.

Hope the dietician and the fitness folk have done their thing and Hugo is sticking to the plans.

Watched a fair bit off the game vs Sandi on my phone so struggled to pick players out. Saw HHK once for sure. Took off from HBF down the left wing. Bounced three times, steadied, nailed the pass to Amartey who was fouled.
Kid looks really good.

Watched a fair bit off the game vs Sandi on my phone so struggled to pick players out. Saw HHK once for sure. Took off from HBF down the left wing. Bounced three times, steadied, nailed the pass to Amartey who was fouled.
Kid looks really good.
I didn't watch the full game but I saw most of the second and third quarters. I've come to a conclusion that he's got the brain for footy. The body might not be there yet, he's a twig, but yeah I can see why we picked him

Shout out for Hugo's efforts in diabolical conditions on Saturday. He was one of the more sure footed and handed players on the ground. He continues to prove another astute pick-up.

I didn't watch the full game but I saw most of the second and third quarters. I've come to a conclusion that he's got the brain for footy. The body might not be there yet, he's a twig, but yeah I can see why we picked him
youngest in the MSD.. didn't nominate for last years draft because he'd only played a few months due to injury. Would be eligible for this years draft (still hasn't turned 19yo)
I wonder what pick he would go? 188cm forward with a good tank, good speed, good kick and excellent decision making. Reckon hes outplayed most of last years rd 1 picks
Shout out for Hugo's efforts in diabolical conditions on Saturday. He was one of the more sure footed and handed players on the ground. He continues to prove another astute pick-up.
yep, a very astute pick up

youngest in the MSD.. didn't nominate for last years draft because he'd only played a few months due to injury. Would be eligible for this years draft (still hasn't turned 19yo)
I wonder what pick he would go? 188cm forward with a good tank, good speed, good kick and excellent decision making. Reckon hes outplayed most of last years rd 1 picks

yep, a very astute pick up
I’m pretty sure he would have had to have nominated for last years draft or he wouldn’t have been eligible for the mid-season draft.

A player can become eligible for the mid-season draft if they have been nominated for the most recent AFL National Draft.

Then again. Clipped a bit from an article in the Age.

A further three players were given exemptions last week - one them from the under-19 NAB League, Sandringham’s Hugo Hall-Kahan, who is allowed to nominate because he is 19, even though he has not been through a draft.

Hi all, I have missed it but I beleive that Hugo has a 2 year (18 month) contract. Please advise. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back