Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Pick 5 and a swap of 3rd/4th round picks for Rankine was...

• Massive overs

• Moderate overs

• Slight overs

• Fair value

• Slight unders

• Moderate unders

• Massive unders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chayce Jones hurts the most IMO. Jones is generational for being a dud. :think:

Of all the Top 10 picks in that draft, we nailed the worst.

At least Meesen and Angwin were from a completely different era where the draft was not as sophisticated as it is today.View attachment 1533110
Still think Jones will be a solid player for us... just not a gun.

If we can land Thomas, we could end uo with 3 of them.

Now that this is all done and dusted and I've had time to reflect, I actually can't believe we got Izak Rankine to the club.

Sure, I'm disappointed that we didn't get JHF, but I've never wanted a player more in their draft year than Rankine. I want to see him play like the player in that mix tape which is perhaps the greatest AFL mix tape ever produced and I can't wait to see what he can do for our side.

I can't wait for the start of the season.

Now that this is all done and dusted and I've had time to reflect, I actually can't believe we got Izak Rankine to the club.

Sure, I'm disappointed that we didn't get JHF, but I've never wanted a player more in their draft year than Rankine. I want to see him play like the player in that mix tape which is perhaps the greatest AFL mix tape ever produced and I can't wait to see what he can do for our side.

I can't wait for the start of the season.
As soon as he was drafted to Gold Coast, there was a thread started to get him back and we finally did. We also knew it'd cost us a high first rounder. We got our man in the end. Can't complain about that. Can't wait to see him lighting up AO.

So is Luko next or are we not into him anymore because he's been soft the first 3 years?

I've noticed no Luko posts in a while..

So is Luko next or are we not into him anymore because he's been soft the first 3 years?

I've noticed no Luko posts in a while..
Signed a four-year extension this year. That ship has firmly set sailed now.

Think he signed a new deal and people lost interest. Personally I wouldn't mind him if it meant Dawson being released from his cage in the back line.
I'd rather target Redman as a FA next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so can anyone shine a bit of light when will rankine be a fa, all i seen was "Restricted Free Agents: A player has served eight or more seasons of AFL football at one club, is one of the top 25 per cent highest-paid players at his club, and is now out of contract for the first time since reaching eight seasons of service." so dose it start again or dose it end up being 10 years all up

Think he signed a new deal and people lost interest. Personally I wouldn't mind him if it meant Dawson being released from his cage in the back line.

The asking price on Luko would be so high relative to his pretty average output that I wouldn't even bother

so can anyone shine a bit of light when will rankine be a fa, all i seen was "Restricted Free Agents: A player has served eight or more seasons of AFL football at one club, is one of the top 25 per cent highest-paid players at his club, and is now out of contract for the first time since reaching eight seasons of service." so dose it start again or dose it end up being 10 years all up
If they sign a 3 year contract at the end of their 7th year, then they would be an RFA when they come out of contract at 10 years - as it would be their first time out of contract since reaching 8 years.

If they come out of contract at 8 years, and sign a 2-year contract, then they would be a UFA when they come out of contract at 10 years - as it would be their 2nd time out of contract since reaching 8 years.

** Free Agency, once achieved, is retained regardless of any subsequent trade, FA moves, or delistings.

Signed a four-year extension this year. That ship has firmly set sailed now.

Now that the trend has been established with Bowes, in a couple of years if Luko's contract is heavily backended we could give up a third rounder for Luko and GC's first rounder.

But in all seriousness, I can remember Rankine saying in his draft year that he really hoped we'd trade for one of GC's top picks and draft him. Should turn out to be a jet for us.

Back