Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

Tend to agree. Comments on his disloyalty and football decisions are fine.

But I've had a feeling that this kid might be headed for some "time out" from the game because his mental and emotional maturity are just not there. I'm sure there's many reasons for that.

The Zurhaar stuff is all fine and a bit of fun and showmanship. But his mum defending him means the line of fun has been crossed while people then telling her to effectively 'GAG-' makes me cringe.

I didn't like his decision to burn the footy club we love but all the 'mummy boy' innuendo etc is getting a bit OTT imo. Bit old school.
*** deserves all the s**t that comes his way, the way he behaved was pathetic on many fronts.
Eventually it will all blow over anyway he has to cop it in the short term.

His mum jumped onto social media pretty much putting herself in play, her son is 19 not 9, step out of the way, if she cops s**t for it, then that's on her. personally I wouldn't bother, but each to their own.

*** deserves all the s**t that comes his way, the way he behaved was pathetic on many fronts.
Eventually it will all blow over anyway he has to cop it in the short term.

His mum jumped onto social media pretty much putting herself in play, her son is 19 not 9, step out of the way, if she cops s**t for it, then that's on her. personally I wouldn't bother, but each to their own.

The fact he and his family lied to our faces all year leaves me with zero sympathy for any of them facing the subsequent flack his move has generated. F*** ‘em all!

Mate I've happily thrown s**t at him on here so I have no right to suddenly take the pious position. From that standpoint can't disagree with what you say.

But Themanbun kind of touched on it. There's an invisible line imo that gut feel says is being approached.

He took the piss on our club and for that I'll always resent him.

But - he's also a 19yo kid probably with a spectrum of good and bad influences and she's assumedly a remarried single mum looking out for her kid and fumbling her way into a very visible world. I can't take glee out of them potentially crashing against the PR rocks.

Let's not forget our club was a mess. We defended ourselves at trade time (as a fan base on here) but if Zurhaar and Todd were potentially both out the door before things change, it's likely a few of our leaders were more occupied ensuring their own survival as Rome was burning than worrying about an unprofessional talented brat.

This is me, dancing on your imaginary line, he chose to end the relationship like he did, I don’t even believe he committed to us in the first place, now he has to wear his big boy pants and cop what is coming.
william tyler line dancing GIF by Merge Records

Last edited:
Rivalries are good for footy. We need to lean into this and have a bit of fun. But our club is bigger than this kid and if we take his departure to heart it looks like he was bigger than the club. Not to mention the fact any win against Port is unlikely to come in the next two years given where our clubs are at so the more spite we throw the more shift we’re going to have to swallow if and when we get beaten by him and his mob.

Did someone mention bringing dummies to the port game and throwing them onto the field? This feels like a good bit of fun.

JHF can eat s**t, but you're a deadset pelican if you're on Twitter abusing him or arguing with the kid's mum. Keep the venting to BigFooty where we can have a laugh about it together.

This is me, dancing on your imaginary line, he choose to end the relationship like he did, I don’t even believe he committed in the first place, now he has to wear his big boy pants and cop what is coming.
william tyler line dancing GIF by Merge Records

Fair enough too. Totally respect that we have such passionate fans as yourself who want blood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JHF can eat s**t, but you're a deadset pelican if you're on Twitter abusing him or arguing with the kid's mum. Keep the venting to BigFooty where we can have a laugh about it together.
Agreed. Social media is fair game imo if it's a light hearted meme or giving him a ribbing after a game but leave the family stuff out of it. Saying malicious stuff to his mum just makes us look bad.

I'm all for bringing a tsunami of verbal abuse his way during games. Even better if it puts him off his game and/or fires up our players.

I'm not going to begrudge people posting about them here, but when it's being directly posted to the person I find it a completely different story.

* him, his mum, his dad and his manger.

Fair game. What they did was disgraceful. The kid sooked up on Cunners return game because he didn’t get what he wanted. Spoiled brat that is lucky he can play football.

He demanded to be pick 1, but wasn’t willing to put in the hard yards.

I will hate him for the rest of his career.

* him, his mum, his dad and his manger.

Fair game. What they did was disgraceful. The kid sooked up on Cunners return game because he didn’t get what he wanted. Spoiled brat that is lucky he can play football.

He demanded to be pick 1, but wasn’t willing to put in the hard yards.

I will hate him for the rest of his career.
not much fault can be laid at the feet of Ben Williams. This was all the family and Ports doing.

As for his mum on socials. God forbid if I ever commented about one of my kids on socials. I learnt long ago that you don't even post a picture of them without their approval. WTF was she thinking? Not to many brain cells in the family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back