NFNL 2023 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

No way they are paying him $3k a game.
Didn’t he go to Tassie as it was best thing for him and his family $$$ to finish his career ? and now coming back to ridiculous $$$ is probably best for him and his family ….again ? Looking like a $$$ grabber to me . Don’t get me wrong is a very good player in his day but I’m sure the clown running EK could get more than just one player with what he’s spending the clubs A rabble

Mont new ruckman looks a decent signing. If they have wale Buxton and Fitzgerald still, they'll have some serious size

Mont new ruckman looks a decent signing. If they have wale Buxton and Fitzgerald still, they'll have some serious size

Getting a 34-year-old ruckman for a tall side seems odd when you have Wade-Buxton and Fitzgerald but those in the know must know what they are doing. Hope their premiership U19s ruckman had no ambitions for game time.

Getting a 34-year-old ruckman for a tall side seems odd when you have Wade-Buxton and Fitzgerald but those in the know must know what they are doing. Hope their premiership U19s ruckman had no ambitions for game time.
Having good talls has never been Monts issue. They have had some very good ruckmen and forwards over the last 10-15 years. It's what is around them that is the issue. They just don't have enough qaulity Mids/smalls running around.

He is 33 and D1 ruck standards are outrageous atm.

Can’t imagine there are many 19 year old kids capable of play D1 seniors in the ruck atm.

He is 33 and D1 ruck standards are outrageous atm.

Can’t imagine there are many 19 year old kids capable of play D1 seniors in the ruck atm.
Nathan Howard did it at Bundoora at 20 years old. I think he's suggesting your bringing in a player for maybe 1-2 years and stopping a good kid from getting good senior time. They can't complain if he looks elsewhere.

Nathan Howard did it at Bundoora at 20 years old. I think he's suggesting your bringing in a player for maybe 1-2 years and stopping a good kid from getting good senior time. They can't complain if he looks elsewhere.
Are we really debating about a hypothetical kid who most likely doesn’t exist in Montmorencys under 19s…

Any club that turns away a 203cm ex afl ruckman in D1 is moronic. End of story.

I doubt the ruck was a priority for them. If it was it'd be daft. There's no way they've prioristised it over a gun mid or forward. They simply throw big money at anybody and everybody and get whoever it sticks to. That's why they did last year and I have little doubt it's what they're doing this year. They have benefactors so will spend it. This year obviously Spencer has said yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt the ruck was a priority for them. If it was it'd be daft. There's no way they've prioristised it over a gun mid or forward. They simply throw big money at anybody and everybody and get whoever it sticks to. That's why they did last year and I have little doubt it's what they're doing this year. They have benefactors so will spend it. This year obviously Spencer has said yes.

They are losing Jong among others. Money was freed up.

As mentioned, you are never going to turn down someone of Spencers standard. Doncaster people were raving about him when he first landed at the club.

Gotta keep up with the Heidelbergs and Bundooras so any big name/player makes sense.

Div 1 has never seen ruck stocks of this caliber.

Didn’t he go to Tassie as it was best thing for him and his family $$$ to finish his career ? and now coming back to ridiculous $$$ is probably best for him and his family ….again ? Looking like a $$$ grabber to me . Don’t get me wrong is a very good player in his day but I’m sure the clown running EK could get more than just one player with what he’s spending the clubs A rabble
Don't blame him chasing cash after giving his all for the bulls over his career. Would be very handy money on top of a normal wage if you are a very good local footballer.

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure how they did it last year?

My understanding is that they didn't have a dedicated ruckman, with Fitzgerald a key forward (always was), so they looked for a ruck and got Buxton.

"simply throw big money at anybody and everybody" - makes no sense with Buxton, Honeychurch and Jong arriving. Wouldn't that be filling their ruck need and trying to add some midfield power?

They are losing Jong among others. Money was freed up.

As mentioned, you are never going to turn down someone of Spencers standard. Doncaster people were raving about him when he first landed at the club.

Gotta keep up with the Heidelbergs and Bundooras so any big name/player makes sense.

Div 1 has never seen ruck stocks of this caliber.
He's 34 next year and only played 11 games last year. Not sure I'd be throwing big money at him.
Let's hope they pick up a few quality smalls or they aren't competing with the top couple of teams

Why? Like why is the rule in place? Kids have been doubling up since I played juniors.

I must be missing something. Is it that big a deal the league needed to take action? Why is it an advatange a younger kid doubling up
I would check with the league if this applies when players double up. Pretty sure most leagues have a rule like this but it applies for the first game you play on a weekend.

I would check with the league if this applies when players double up. Pretty sure most leagues have a rule like this but it applies for the first game you play on a weekend.
What do you mean the first game that you play?? When the under 13's have 28 kids and the under 14's only have 14 kids you get 4 under 13 kids to play up in the under 14's (They play at the same time) what has the time of the game got to do with it?
Now clubs forfeit an age group after 5 games in to the season - Is this only a NFL rule?? If it is across all leagues I feel compelled to write to AFL Victoria
This is surely a rule written by an idiot - As a kid I always played in a higher age group with my brother so they could field a side
What is wrong with the overpaid administrators at the NFL??????

What do you mean the first game that you play?? When the under 13's have 28 kids and the under 14's only have 14 kids you get 4 under 13 kids to play up in the under 14's (They play at the same time) what has the time of the game got to do with it?
Now clubs forfeit an age group after 5 games in to the season - Is this only a NFL rule?? If it is across all leagues I feel compelled to write to AFL Victoria
This is surely a rule written by an idiot - As a kid I always played in a higher age group with my brother so they could field a side
What is wrong with the overpaid administrators at the NFL??????
I played 10s, 11s, & 13s one day and got steam rolled by a rather large Thomastown kid and couldn’t breath for a week.

Probably hid in the toilet before the games with metal coming through my studs as well 😂

Caddy taking a couple from gboro to Port Melbourne. Mccubbin one of them.
McCubbin the only one so far I think. A couple of others were asked but said no I was told today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back