Injury 2023 St Kilda Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Hayes has clearly re-injured himself he's now 10-12 weeks ffs.

How the * is Keeler still 6-9 weeks away and how is Membery TBC? does that mean he's also looking at multiple weeks out now.

Not only are we getting guys injured but then we can't seem to rehab them properly either

8-9 first 22 players injured, not just short term but long term half season type injuries.
All before a game is even played .
Something seriously wrong with their training/ fitness/ conditioning/ rehab program.
Get a few injuries actually playing real games and the season will be basically over .
Doesn’t matter if God is coaching the side if u can’t get them on the park then I might as well coach

What are the odd he looks for a fresh start next year

Is why I've thought we'd sell him and not Hunter, classic X disease of can play but... with Coff. Hell, even the China game he played then missed cause dodgy curry syndrome, the man is cursed. Us and footy dept instances historically instills zero confidence, I think it was Missions entry with us where we had a spate of soft tissues back turn of millennium, so nothing new with me if my memory is correct.

Realistically the more I saw of those two, the more we were going to be selling or attempting to one of them if deals seemed to be giving us what we wanted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From page 1.

Dave Mission.

Completely ruined the careers of Jack Trengove, and Mitch Clark with chronic foot injuries.

Ongoing yearly foot injuries to Jack Viney during his time at the dees.

Jesse Hogan missing a whole year in 2014 due to mismanged back injury and then a lisfranc injury in 2018.

Consistent soft tissues injuries to the likes of Christian Salem and Dean Kent who failed to play consistent footy during his time there.

Made the call to send Joel Smith back on the field in a practice game after he ripped his groin which resulted in him missing all of 2019.

No coincidence that since he left at the end of 2019 we've had healthy injury free years which has resulted in our stars being able to finally be on the park consistently playing top footy.

From page 1.

Dave Mission.

Completely ruined the careers of Jack Trengove, and Mitch Clark with chronic foot injuries.

Ongoing yearly foot injuries to Jack Viney during his time at the dees.

Jesse Hogan missing a whole year in 2014 due to mismanged back injury and then a lisfranc injury in 2018.

Consistent soft tissues injuries to the likes of Christian Salem and Dean Kent who failed to play consistent footy during his time there.

Made the call to send Joel Smith back on the field in a practice game after he ripped his groin which resulted in him missing all of 2019.

No coincidence that since he left at the end of 2019 we've had healthy injury free years which has resulted in our stars being able to finally be on the park consistently playing top footy.

So some Demon supporter knows better?
----------
Navicular stress fractures are often caused by repetitive stress placed on the foot. The injury usually happens to athletes who play sports that involve running, jumping, or twisting. These activities pinch the navicular between the ankle bone and the cuneiform bones. Over time, this force can cause a stress fracture.
-------------
The former captain told Sportsday SA just how serious his injury was.

“It’s a really frustrating one, the navicular one is a tiny little bone in your foot but it takes all the pressure with every step you take,” Trengove said.

“So, there was a fracture through that, then we put screws through there and it fractured through the screws as well, so just about every step brought pain.

“There was a while there where the surgeons and doctors that I was gaining advice from were sort of saying ‘you’ll be lucky to walk again, let alone run,’ so that was extremely frustrating.

“My leg wasted away, not having stood on it for two years, so I had to rebuild the whole leg.”

Despite the ordeal, he says it’s all part of the parcel of being an AFL player.

“I’m just grateful to be back and being relatively pain-free now, I still have to monitor different loads, if I get too excited and run too much in a week I certainly feel the pain,” he said.

---------------------
Lisfranc joint injuries occur from trauma to the foot. This may happen with a simple twist and fall on top of a foot that is pointing downward. It is common in .
Lisfranc injuries are almost always caused by a fall, slip or trauma to the foot. You might read about “direct” (high energy) and “indirect” (low energy) causes of Lisfranc injuries. These are different ways to help your provider understand the specifics of your injury. Direct causes are traumas that crush the Lisfranc joint, like car accidents or something falling on your foot at a worksite. Indirect causes are much more common and come from slips, falls and sports injuries. Anything that makes your heel unexpectedly twist or spin while you’re stepping with weight on the ball of your foot can injure your Lisfranc joint or fracture the small bones in it.
-----------------

----------
Navicular stress fractures are often caused by repetitive stress placed on the foot. The injury usually happens to athletes who play sports that involve running, jumping, or twisting. These activities pinch the navicular between the ankle bone and the cuneiform bones. Over time, this force can cause a stress fracture.
-------------

“It’s a really frustrating one, the navicular one is a tiny little bone in your foot but it takes all the pressure with every step you take,” Trengove said.

“So, there was a fracture through that, then we put screws through there and it fractured through the screws as well, so just about every step brought pain.

“There was a while there where the surgeons and doctors that I was gaining advice from were sort of saying ‘you’ll be lucky to walk again, let alone run,’ so that was extremely frustrating.

“My leg wasted away, not having stood on it for two years, so I had to rebuild the whole leg.”

“I’m just grateful to be back and being relatively pain-free now, I still have to monitor different loads, if I get too excited and run too much in a week I certainly feel the pain,” he said.

---------------------
Lisfranc joint injuries occur from trauma to the foot. This may happen with a simple twist and fall on top of a foot that is pointing downward. It is common in .
Lisfranc injuries are almost always caused by a fall, slip or trauma to the foot. You might read about “direct” (high energy) and “indirect” (low energy) causes of Lisfranc injuries. These are different ways to help your provider understand the specifics of your injury. Direct causes are traumas that crush the Lisfranc joint, like car accidents or something falling on your foot at a worksite. Indirect causes are much more common and come from slips, falls and sports injuries. Anything that makes your heel unexpectedly twist or spin while you’re stepping with weight on the ball of your foot can injure your Lisfranc joint or fracture the small bones in it.
-----------------
No coincidence that we've barely had an injury list since the moment we turfed out Dave Misson.

Also no coincidence that the moment he steps back into an AFL it so happens that the clubs injury list is at a crisis even before the season has started.

Funny that?

Dave will always be known to Dee supporters as Dave '4-6 weeks' Misson.

No coincidence that we've barely had an injury list since the moment we turfed out Dave Misson.

Also no coincidence that the moment he steps back into an AFL it so happens that the clubs injury list is at a crisis even before the season has started.

Funny that?

Dave will always be known to Dee supporters as Dave '4-6 weeks' Misson.
Didn't injuries wreck your season last year?

Didn't injuries wreck your season last year?
No.

Teams finally caught on to our game plan and were able to completely suffocate our defence and expose us by moving the footy at extreme speed.

We went hell for leather in the first half of the year and it eventually caught up to us. We were mentally cooked.

----------
-------------

---------------------
-----------------
I don't care. Just thought it was an interesting take from a 3rd party.

No.

Teams finally caught on to our game plan and were able to completely suffocate our defence and expose us by moving the footy at extreme speed.

We went hell for leather in the first half of the year and it eventually caught up to us. We were mentally cooked.
I thought a lot of your players were playing through injury in the finals. And other important players like McDonald was missing with, wait for it, a leg injury!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back