Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big hairy cat and Worpedo Vs
Tom Green and Day

Will Day, Touk Miller, Tom Green
vs
Dawson, Clayton Oliver, Finn Callaghan

Option 2 would only leave me with the three premium mids, Laird, Clarry, Bont with Hopper, NWM and Finn.

Think my final decision is going to boil down to how much stock I put into solid bench options this year.

Bruhn (F4), Phillipou (F6), Caminiti (F8), Davey (M10)
vs
Sheezel (F5), McLean (F6), Phillipou (F7), Hollands (M9)

So basically, the equation is, are the extra points that Bruhn and Phillipou will (likely) score on field over McLean and Sheezel worth picking two cheaper bench rookies who are unlikely to score overly well? (Davey has solid JS at least - could always keep him over Hollands and pocket the leftover $45k)
I agree Sheezel will probably be outscored by Bruhn, but Phillipou? I'm not so sure.

Sheezel has played at HBF for parts of both practice matches.

Clarko is gonna give him a prominent role for sure.

I agree Sheezel will probably be outscored by Bruhn, but Phillipou? I'm not so sure.

Sheezel has played at HBF for parts of both practice matches.

Clarko is gonna give him a prominent role for sure.
Was more referring to the Bruhn/Phillipou combo vs McLean/Sheezel (expect Sheezel to outscore Phillipou). Anyway, probably moot as I've found a way around the conundrum haha.

Okay, I'm keen to throw this one open to the hivemind.

Pick 2 of Hopper, Bruhn, Flanders, Callaghan.

But you can only pick one of Hopper or Bruhn.

(budget is $590k)
Hopper and Flanders over Callaghan and Bruhn pretty comfortably IMO

Why comfortably?

I don’t have Bruhn, and I have a bit of FOMO atm
Because I think Hopper (scoring history, JS, contested ball) is a much better pick than Bruhn (even though Bruhn is in and out of my side), and I think Flanders will outscore Callaghan. Callaghan hasn't been in my side at any point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D3 is the only non-rookie position I'm unsure of .... Luke Ryan V Barrass V Ridley V Richards

Ryan not playing in the practice matches worries me, Barrass has to contend with the return of McGovern, Ridley was ordinary last year but may now have a coach who uses him properly and I have doubts that Richards can repeat his great late season form.
All opinions appreciated.

D3 is the only non-rookie position I'm unsure of .... Luke Ryan V Barrass V Ridley V Richards

Ryan not playing in the practice matches worries me, Barrass has to contend with the return of McGovern, Ridley was ordinary last year but may now have a coach who uses him properly and I have doubts that Richards can repeat his great late season form.
All opinions appreciated.
either Ridley or Ryan.
probably Ridley, purely because he’s had the match practice and you know he’s fit…it’s a close call though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back