Trades 2023 Round 3 Trades - Moo Time !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not jumping on the Ziebell train but I will say this: even though he's fine as a short term cash cow, I think it would be presumptuous to base your SC plans around the hypothesis that he'll be best 22 for the entire season.
Unlike the other mid pricers though he's 100% proven in the position. And it's only 2 years ago not 5. Regardless if Hall comes back we know exactly what he can do in that role. He's not some speculative pick with no history. Even if you project drop off from 2 years ago, that's likely still D6 or F6, and most players with his scoring power won't have fwd/def DPP. If they do not change the structure from what it is right now he's easily 100-105 this year.

Last edited:
Use to be just digging up your own information, now you can listen to podcast 1 or 2 for 1-2hr then be set.

I like the concept of boosting as it just mitigates the unluckyness of getting injury. I just don't like additional trades cause it doesn't punish you making stupid picks.

All the ‘smart’ picks sucked this year so far haha 😂

Sure luck has a lot to do with it but I’m backing stupid this year haha

I just find it hard to believe Setterpenis is the real deal.

Essendon have flogged a couple spud teams and I think he's relished whatever role they've got currently for him.

Still, cash is cash I guess. With that BE he can be a potato in 2 weeks time and it won't even bother you.

I’m not sure he’s the real deal yet. Essendon have only beaten 16th and 18th on the ladder so far haha

Unlike the other mid pricers though he's 100% proven in the position. And it's only 2 years ago not 5. Regardless if Hall comes back we know exactly what he can do in that role. He's not some speculative pick with no history. Even if you project drop off from 2 years ago, that's likely still D6 or F6, and most players with his scoring power won't have fwd/def DPP. If they do not change the structure from what it is right now he's easily 100-105 this year.
Hall isn't the threat imo.
Clarko rates players who can kick.
Sheezel, Goater and Bergman can all kick well.
When Ben McKay comes back (in 2-3 weeks), I could see a scenario where Ziebell, Corr, Goater and Bergman take in turns sitting out games depending on form and who the opposition is.
Luke McDonald isn't going to get dropped because he's a co-captain. McKay and Logue aren't going to get dropped because they're the nucleus of our backline for the next five years. Sheezel isn't going to get dropped unless he somehow hits a sustained period of poor form.
Assuming there are 7 defenders in the starting 22 most weeks, that leaves one of Ziebell, Corr, Goater and Bergman as the sub or in the twos.

When Ben McKay comes back (in 2-3 weeks), I could see a scenario where Ziebell, Corr, Goater and Bergman take in turns sitting out games depending on form and who the opposition is.
Luke McDonald isn't going to get dropped because he's a co-captain. McKay and Logue aren't going to get dropped because they're the nucleus of our backline for the next five years. Sheezel isn't going to get dropped unless he somehow hits a sustained period of poor form.
Assuming there are 7 defenders in the starting 22 most weeks, that leaves one of Ziebell, Corr, Goater and Bergman as the sub or in the twos.
Sheez could be moved fwd at some stage

Sheez could be moved fwd at some stage
He could, but since the current gameplan involves getting the ball into Sheezel’s hands as often as possible, I wouldn’t count on it happening anytime soon. :p

Eg. Logue told Sheezel before his first game words to the effect of: “every time I mark the ball, run around me, and whenever you call for it, I guarantee I’ll pass it to you.”

go away gtfo GIF

View attachment 1643023

I’ll keep you company Uncle!
Our paths will probably cross soon as well Rocker!

6EC60E1D-EFB2-4EF7-9980-7CCBFD23EE36.jpeg

Three Amigos GIF by Animal's House

Last edited:
Fair enough. Ziebells obviously a good kick taking most of the kickouts. All that should matter is who is best in the position. Especially if you have guys that can play other positions decently.

Seen a few people on twitter going hopper to setterfield. I get it, but is it worth the trade? Sure we've got a billion but as a lot of you know, trades run out very fast.
Agreed, I'm boosting this week, but then looking pump the brakes. Will only trade for must have rookies for the following 3 weeks, then go crazy upgrading.

Until all the injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seen a few people on twitter going hopper to setterfield. I get it, but is it worth the trade? Sure we've got a billion but as a lot of you know, trades run out very fast.
A lot of people dropped a trade boost and used 3 trades last week. Another trade boost and another 3 trades now. Some have 30 trades left.

I used 1 last week, so I'm happy to throw Hopper out now for Setters, who will be $500k in 4 weeks, and get Hopper back next week if I want to.

The cash gen and points on field they'll both generate will be worth the 2 trades, even if none are keepers

Hopper out now is my only way to Setters

Next week I can decide whether to just get Hopper back, just get Bowes, or get both

Can't be stagnant, those who were stagnant last year struggled to catch up

SC has changed

Im set on getting Setterfield, Ziebell and McKenna. Just trying to decide on the three I cull. It’ll either be Ridley, Chesser and Flanders or Ash, JHF and Flanders.

I don’t really want to trade Ridley but I still think I can get a little bit of cash out of Ash and Horn, whereas Ridley is only going the other way if he stinks it up again

Im set on getting Setterfield, Ziebell and McKenna. Just trying to decide on the three I cull. It’ll either be Ridley, Chesser and Flanders or Ash, JHF and Flanders.

I don’t really want to trade Ridley but I still think I can get a little bit of cash out of Ash and Horn, whereas Ridley is only going the other way if he stinks it up again
Ridley has St Kilda this week, who have a forward line of spuds and dwarfs and gave up 500 points to 3 Freo players.

Definitely feels like SC has shifted away from GnRs set up to more mid price options, especially with additional trades and boosts. Gives you far more flexibility to take more risks.

Definitely a long way behind the 8 ball now with how I am set up, with no real way to bring in Ziebell (D6 or F6 for decent period of time) or Setters (good role and should skyrocket in price and can then be flicked to proven premo) unless I trade Hopper or JHF to them.

1680069309495.png

79k in the bank at the moment. Ranked 62k :drunk:

Chesser to Chandler locked in.

Darcy to DC? Darcy should score extremely well against a ruckless Eagles provided he is not parked at FF. :mad:
this trade would give me 175k, not enough to move a rookie to Ziebell or Setterfield.

1680069612212.png
Any other ideas?

In hindsight my trade of Fyfe to JHF should have been Ziebell

Realised I can get Setterfield if I do this.

I want to be pretty aggressive with trading this year as I'm usually passive. I was going to go Neale to LDU but news of Hopper being out makes me want Setterfield.

1680069359768.png

36 trades is pure luxury. Didn’t use any last week, will be looking to boost the bank by trading prems who will drop $ e.g Macrae, for MPMs who will make $, e.g Setterfield. One could say that’s not much different than any other season, but any other season with 30 trades I’d probably have held Macrae.

Definitely feels like SC has shifted away from GnRs set up to more mid price options, especially with additional trades and boosts. Gives you far more flexibility to take more risks.

Definitely a long way behind the 8 ball now with how I am set up, with no real way to bring in Ziebell (D6 or F6 for decent period of time) or Setters (good role and should skyrocket in price and can then be flicked to proven premo) unless I trade Hopper or JHF to them.

View attachment 1643413

79k in the bank at the moment. Ranked 62k :drunk:

Chesser to Chandler locked in.

Darcy to DC? Darcy should score extremely well against a ruckless Eagles provided he is not parked at FF. :mad:
this trade would give me 175k, not enough to move a rookie to Ziebell or Setterfield.

View attachment 1643417
Any other ideas?

In hindsight my trade of Fyfe to JHF should have been Ziebell
It's not horrendous, if you're set on Setters / JZ the only real path is Touk > Setters and minor restructure. So something like

Touk > Setters
Chesser > JZ

with an option to bring in Chandler for cash gen or Cameron > Darcy to have some cash for a Bowes type next week

The rationale would be that 100s from JZ / Setters is not losing a lot of points to Touks output and creating strong cash gen

Ridley has St Kilda this week, who have a forward line of spuds and dwarfs and gave up 500 points to 3 Freo players.
Trading Ridley would allow me to have Mackenzie on the bench for the time being, who would actually be my cover for Hopper this week. I think the Ridley decision will come down to BZT’s availability

It's not horrendous, if you're set on Setters / JZ the only real path is Touk > Setters and minor restructure. So something like

Touk > Setters
Chesser > JZ

with an option to bring in Chandler for cash gen or Cameron > Darcy to have some cash for a Bowes type next week

The rationale would be that 100s from JZ / Setters is not losing a lot of points to Touks output and creating strong cash gen
1680070414661.png

Something I would never considered 3 years ago. Still leaves 160k in the bank for Bowes next week. Means holding Darcy though.

View attachment 1643434

Something I would never considered 3 years ago. Still leaves 160k in the bank for Bowes next week. Means holding Darcy though.
Possible Darcy scores well vs gutsroy 's man BJW. Could shift him next week.

Not sure Greene is worth a trade though is he? Should be a good rookie.

A lot of people dropped a trade boost and used 3 trades last week. Another trade boost and another 3 trades now. Some have 30 trades left.

I used 1 last week, so I'm happy to throw Hopper out now for Setters, who will be $500k in 4 weeks, and get Hopper back next week if I want to.

The cash gen and points on field they'll both generate will be worth the 2 trades, even if none are keepers

Hopper out now is my only way to Setters

Next week I can decide whether to just get Hopper back, just get Bowes, or get both

Can't be stagnant, those who were stagnant last year struggled to catch up

SC has changed
True, I'm happy to hold him tbh. I am making one trade and I'll sit on my side for a few rounds until the bubble bursts or injuries occur.

Hopper could probably become a pod down the track though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back