Preview Changes v Hawthorn at Launceston, Sat 1.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
🤣Nostro/Z is playing the long game. He’s waiting for Wardlaw and next year’s first rounder and, maybe TT. Remember how long he waited out JMac?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
People who rate Macmillan, Bailey Scott or Sam Gibson are nuffies of the highest order

Plodder spud central

I don't think Scott should be dropped but he does need to increase his awareness. Letting Brayshaw run right past him and not offering a block was terrible. LDU wasn't happy.

I think Sheezel is 50/50 which is why Perez has been named as an Emergency. Free named as insurance for Goldy while Howe will be the Sub. I just don't think Tucker is ready after watching him play last Saturday. But what would I know I said Bonar wouldn't get dropped either.

Are you Johnny from Epping? He said Howe was a "wonderful footballer from Hawthorn" or something. I pissed myself laughing.
If we're not so concerned with winning this week then maybe I could see the value in playing Howe but I'd be giving Perez a go.
Having said that Howe might play the game of his life against the side who moved on from him.
I always support an underdog, and Howe is clearly one given the criticism he has received on this Board.

On a more serious note, I thought Howe was okay last week other than running over the ball that landed at his feet ... but maybe the handball could have been better directed in the first instance as well.

What gut running is that? didn’t even get in the top 5 for kms covered

And bailey standing around watching teammates get tackled instead of putting on blocks
He lead the match is distance covered at high speed and top speed, and was 2nd in sprint efforts.

I think Stevo put in a great effort on the weekend, as well. A Stevo who builds on his effort on the weekend would be ahead of Scott for a spot on my team. He is much more skilled and a bigger threat.

But Scott has a place in a successful side. He is a good enough role player. All premiership sides have guys who play their role. It would be nice if he had silky skills but then we might not be able to afford him.

He lead the match is distance covered at high speed and top speed, and was 2nd in sprint efforts.

I think Stevo put in a great effort on the weekend, as well. A Stevo who builds on his effort on the weekend would be ahead of Scott for a spot on my team. He is much more skilled and a bigger threat.

But Scott has a place in a successful side. He is a good enough role player. All premiership sides have guys who play their role. It would be nice if he had silky skills but then we might not be able to afford him.
That just shows he’s quick and does many short sprints but isn’t covering the distance of others

Not gut running

If you can’t kick you can’t play

We lose the bolded players and that's a big hole in the side as it stands right now. Alot of what you say depends on how the guys below (age wise) Jy and LDU step up.
Don't think so.

Different roles, but Mckay (if he stays) pushes Ziebull out. Phillips (and later Wardlaw) replace Greenwood. Xerri replaces Goldstein. Tucker replaces Shiels.

In a year's time, I don't especially see this as an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jonathan Simpkin and Xavier Ellis are premiership players under Clarko ffs.

Flags are not won with 22 stars.
Exactly. You need to be able to fit in the salary cap (ignoring the obvious Geelong joke).

It would be great if all 22 players were silky skilled players who gut run and do the dirty work. But that is not an affordable team.

You need some guys who do the basic requirements of their position to an adequate level so that you can afford your superstars.

I always support an underdog, and Howe is clearly one given the criticism he has received on this Board.

On a more serious note, I thought Howe was okay last week other than running over the ball that landed at his feet ... but maybe the handball could have been better directed in the first instance as well.
He was serviceable. I thought he could've killed a couple other balls in contests later on that resulted in goals.
Not writing him off by any stretch.

Exactly. You need to be able to fit in the salary cap (ignoring the obvious Geelong joke).

It would be great if all 22 players were silky skilled players who gut run and do the dirty work. But that is not an affordable team.

You need some guys who do the basic requirements of their position to an adequate level so that you can afford your superstars.
I’m not asking for 22 guns

But I’ll take many others not getting a game over bailey turnover Scott

Give me tucker and Perez for starters and jy next week too

Props to Free for being named emergency after just 2 games in the VFL.

Is he there because Goldy is in doubt (I haven't heard anything) and both X and CCJ are out?

Was named last week as well

Was named last week as well
True, I forgot about that. Do we reckon he's there as insurance in case Goldy doesn't play? Or he's just worked his way into our top 26 players?
I haven't seen every minute of our VFL games, but from what I've seen he's been decent without dominating.

True, I forgot about that. Do we reckon he's there as insurance in case Goldy doesn't play? Or he's just worked his way into our top 26 players?
I haven't seen every minute of our VFL games, but from what I've seen he's been decent without dominating.
Has to be because he'd be the last fit pure ruck on the list. I can't see him being the 26th best player on the list.

Has to be because he'd be the last fit pure ruck on the list. I can't see him being the 26th best player on the list.
Another theory could be to bring him in as another tall in case Chom doesn't play. Free and Goldy alternate between ruck and resting forward.

H
This is our next 7 weeks.

I think a Wardlaw debut vs Gold Coast in QLD is the likely sweet spot.

Which gives him another 3 games in the VFL.

Good Friday is too early and I think they will hold off for Brisbane in the Gather Round.

View attachment 1642316
Hope it’s here in Adelaide since it now won’t be Goldy’s 300th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back