Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not really an upset. Brazil are no slouches
It is an upset. They aren’t bad, but they aren’t really threatening the medals.

That game showed all of our weaknesses. Lack of size on the inside (hopefully Jock can help with that) and lack of shooting (see above but Goulding and to a lesser extent Green) were easily the two biggest question marks on this team, and they were exposed badly.

Mills also still getting into a groove, needs to figure out his place alongside Giddey.

Makes me wonder if the Boomers were distracted… they shot the ball poorly tonight.
With everything about the Matildas, that’s exactly what I thought in the first quarter. Don’t know how much it had to do with the last quarter collapse.

It is an upset. They aren’t bad, but they aren’t really threatening the medals.

That game showed all of our weaknesses. Lack of size on the inside (hopefully Jock can help with that) and lack of shooting (see above but Goulding and to a lesser extent Green) were easily the two biggest question marks on this team, and they were exposed badly.

Mills also still getting into a groove, needs to figure out his place alongside Giddey.

Better to do it now though than in the tournament. I don't see it as fully negative. Mills and Ingles won't shoot that badly again. I will check out the South Sudan match. They needed a harder warm up imo.

I wouldn't be too worried about tonight shooting was a bit off especially early. Still got 2 quality players to come back

Definitely seeing some holes from tonight's game without Jock out there to defend the centres. Brazil was hitting a lot of their 3s going at 47% while we only hit 27% from 3, we need more perimeter offence options because at the moment we're living and dying by the FIBA Patty and he wasn't on tonight.
Hope Giddey develops his shooting and free throws before next year's Olympics.

Good to expose some holes in our defensive schemes early. That can be fixed.

Concern will remain over the offence. Like 2021 we seem to rely on individual brilliance and improvisation. Would like a bit more player/ball movement like when Lemanis had us absolutely cooking in 2016 & 19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a worry getting run over in just their second warm up game. Am a little concerned they’re playing too many games in the next week before the real thing starts?
They have a game tonight, then don't play there first game till next Friday. They haven't been flogging the key players with massive minutes either. They should be fine fatigue wise.

They need to play the games though to get used to playing together, they are integrating Giddey for the first time, as well as additional minutes for other players who haven't played much together.

They have a game tonight, then don't play there first game till next Friday. They haven't been flogging the key players with massive minutes either. They should be fine fatigue wise.

They need to play the games though to get used to playing together, they are integrating Giddey for the first time, as well as additional minutes for other players who haven't played much together.

I believe from this thread there are a further 2 practice games being played over there as well before next weeks opening game.

Brasil hit some highly contested shots from 3 which was the difference.

Mills missed a few also

Kay and Reath are locks for me, not convinced on White and Cooks

Definitely seeing some holes from tonight's game without Jock out there to defend the centres. Brazil was hitting a lot of their 3s going at 47% while we only hit 27% from 3, we need more perimeter offence options because at the moment we're living and dying by the FIBA Patty and he wasn't on tonight.
Hope Giddey develops his shooting and free throws before next year's Olympics.
Josh Green will be a key moving forward. Shot a decent clip from 3 during the NBA season.

Painfully obvious we're going to need Reath's extra size.

Makes me think cutting Thon was a mistake......

Cannot rely on White at the 5 even the 4 tbh, 6'6'' and undersized physically

Cooks looks too small also even though he is 6'7''

Landale will be playin huge mins

Makes me think cutting Thon was a mistake......

Cannot rely on White at the 5 even the 4 tbh, 6'6'' and undersized physically

Cooks looks too small also even though he is 6'7''

Landale will be playin huge mins

cooks listed as 203 and 83kg. average bigfooty poster is moving cooks in the paint :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back