Autopsy Round 23, 2023: St.Kilda v Geelong *HIGGINS 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

The game last night had such a tribal atmosphere to it.

Welcome to the cauldron when you play St Kilda from now on.
It's something that has been missing for a few years. It's not been that loud in years

Would like more of the Mason Wood style chants from our fans. Was fantastic.

That was probably his best ever match. Absolutely elite quality ball use, positioning and contribution. If he plays like that every week we are going to push any side. That was as good as anything you get from the absolute superstars of the comp. To do it in a big match against last year's premier was fantastic timing.
A+ player, elite user, rarely beaten and rarely plays a bad game.

Would love to give him an extended run in the midfield if we could fill his position.

As I wrote last night - simple game plan - give it to Sincs!

I stood behind the aisle 29 guys. They genuinely make the footy fun.

They get multiple bays of saints fans involved.

It might not be Moorabbin but it's the next best thing.
I was in Bay 42 and they were even getting us going.. how freaking good was last nights atmosphere!!

On a sour note (or funny) I have a very very pissed off Geelong supporting Fiancee who had to sit in with the saints members who were rowdy and loving life. Sucked in

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We are scheduled to play Brisbane next Saturday. The Giants, Bulldogs and Swans all play Sunday which isn't ideal for the nerves if we get beat. I'd rather us being playing last so if one of the others is beaten we could relax. Could be a nervous Sunday.
C7VJ_e0VAAA-Evx.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need only ONE out of the FOUR games to go our way next week.

Surely even for us that happens
The thing is, out of all the games we need to go our way, only our opponent has something to play for.

Brisbane are playing to 100% lock in a top 2 spot
Carlton will probably rest some against GWS
Chris Scott said in his presser that they will look to get guys into surgery asap so they will probably have a bunch of people out as well.

Incredible.

Sitting level 3 behind the goals. What impressed me was when Geelong switched the play we had runners filling space to shut them down. When they switched to the other side we had runners there as well. And when Geelong went long kick down the centre it was marked by Marshal or turned over. The Saints looked very disciplined.

Depending on percentage

It's a highly unlikely scenario where we miss tbh a bit of hysteria in this thread but I'm still filthy about the goal umpire

Conspiracy theorists would suggest that the league orchestrated this, so there was still a CHANCE of a change in the 8 on the last day of the season.

Score review might as well be sponsored by Corrupto.com, for all the value it truly provides - absolute bush league farce compared to proper sporting leagues.

Mason Wood
Mitch Owens

Blokes who are built for finals

Sitting L2 behind goals
Our backs look so much better with Cordy back there instead of Howard
Wilkie-Battle seem to have more trust in Cordy a few times they got over to him and we’re pumped with his effort
Cordy doesn't look like he's going to trip over his own feet either.

Sent from my CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back