Essendon can't live without pokies funding says David Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone surprised at all that clubs like Essendon, Richmond and Carlton still has pokies? We all know these clubs do not care about local communities and would happily see them degrade even further to balance their books.

"We aren't in a position to stop destroying our local community, as it makes us too much money at the moment"

Is anyone surprised at all that clubs like Essendon, Richmond and Carlton still has pokies? We all know these clubs do not care about local communities and would happily see them degrade even further to balance their books.
Lol I hope when we do get out of pokies, we just turn the machines off. Selling them like your club did means they stay in the community, and your club continues to profit off them because they invested that money.

Lol I hope when we do get out of pokies, we just turn the machines off. Selling them like your club did means they stay in the community, and your club continues to profit off them because they invested that money.

I see I touched a nerve, you can always tall when someone gets offended and hurt by a fact, they always reply with these types of comments.

plotting episode 4 GIF

I see I touched a nerve, you can always tall when someone gets offended and hurt by a fact, they always reply with these types of comments.

plotting episode 4 GIF
What type of comment? Stating facts?

What type of comment? Stating facts?

Yes, that's what has upset you in the first place. Typical comment from a typical fan from a club like Richmond, you try to deflect from your own club who continues to do massive damage to the community.

Any club that still has pokies is an absolute disgrace, and it's no surprise at all the big wealthy clubs like Richmond, Essendon and Carlton are still damaging local communities. Absolutely disgraceful and nothing you can try to say will deflect that fact

Yes, that's what has upset you in the first place. Typical comment from a typical fan from a club like Richmond, you try to deflect from your own club who continues to do massive damage to the community.

Any club that still has pokies is an absolute disgrace, and it's no surprise at all the big wealthy clubs like Richmond, Essendon and Carlton are still damaging local communities. Absolutely disgraceful and nothing you can try to say will deflect that fact
My friend. Your club's pokies are still in the community they are still doing as much damage as before. Melbourne fc made 20 million off the sale and is continuing to invest that money. Your club is no better.

This might seem a bit over the top, but what do Essendon actually bring to the table in terms of the competition?

Every other club in Melbourne has a bit of something about them, either as battlers, silver spooners, rough supporters, dynasties etc.

What are Essendon actually contributing at the moment? They are really stuck between thinking they are still a "Big" club, and their reality of just being a pedestrian outfit, both on and off field.

My friend. Your club's pokies are still in the community they are still doing as much damage as before. Melbourne fc made 20 million off the sale and is continuing to invest that money. Your club is no better.

This is your whole argument, Melbourne followed North's courageous decision to get rid of pokies. Your club is still pocketing money from ruining local communities.

You can't handle this fact so you're desperately trying to put down other clubs to make yourself feel better.

How disgusting of Melbourne to make the decision to get rid of pokies as a source of income. That's right, that's how ridiculous your argument sounds.

The reality is that your club is a disgrace. Poor Dan, is triggered by that fact

This might seem a bit over the top, but what do Essendon actually bring to the table in terms of the competition?

Every other club in Melbourne has a bit of something about them, either as battlers, silver spooners, rough supporters, dynasties etc.

What are Essendon actually contributing at the moment? They are really stuck between thinking they are still a "Big" club, and their reality of just being a pedestrian outfit, both on and off field.
Northern suburbs representation?

No club in recent history has given more to general footy supporters than the dons 👍

This is your whole argument, Melbourne followed North's courageous decision to get rid of pokies. Your club is still pocketing money from ruining local communities.

You can't handle this fact so you're desperately trying to put down other clubs to make yourself feel better.

How disgusting of Melbourne to make the decision to get rid of pokies as a source of income. That's right, that's how ridiculous your argument sounds.

The reality is that your club is a disgrace. Poor Dan, is triggered by that fact
Arms dealer is so brave for selling gun store, claims to be anti-guns. 🌚

Brave would've been switching off the machines.

No club in recent history has given more to general footy supporters than the dons 👍

I agree with this but I'm talking about the overall fabric of the competition.

They provide very very little.

Essendon supporters will say "But we have Anzac day and dreamtime" - Bottom line is the two biggest Melbourne clubs being Collingwood and Richmond could play GWS on each of those days and still get massive crowds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And your club is still ruining local communities, you sound like you're very proud of your club for continuing to do that
So is yours. Why do you think the machines sold for 20 mil? For the material?

Personally it doesn’t bother me. If there was a solution that saw the machines closed then I’d be all for it. But there’s not. The licenses are just passed to somebody else and they operate them. It makes zero difference to the people playing them.

Plenty of clubs and organisations trumpet exiting pokies, the reality is they have done absolutely * all to remove pokies - they’ve just brought forward the revenue through a big sale price rather than taking it each year. The machines are still there and still spin away.
Lots of guys selling drugs to teenagers mount a similar defence. If I don't sell it to them, they'll just go elsewhere.

Hawthorn recently sold theirs. We took a minor hit to revenue but it also came with a free high horse which we can ride in discussions like these now. So it all works out about even I think.

Not even going to try for a rebuttal.

Because you're a troll who is trying to deflect from his own club which is continuing to ruin their local communities.

Even if Melbourne handed back the keys to the pokies the licenses would have been taken over by someone else for nothing, probably your club. So your argument is just trolling, which everyone who reads your garbage in this thread knows and understands.

Thanks troll

Remove this Banner Ad

Back