Review Geelong defeats Saints by 8 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Sloppy at times but a win is a win, Saints caught us on the counter a few times which irritated me in the first half. Dempsey is impressive looks like he'll kick us a bag one day! Mannagh was good when he come on too looks like he can be very creative, he could have used some composure when going for goal maybe the occasion got to him. Non the less he'll get better hopefully we see him start real soon. Dangerfield doing Dangerfield stuff man I love how he just takes this team on his back when he needs too reminds me of another captain that just had a brand new stand named after him that use to do that. Above all nice hit out for round one.

Went for a walk over to the saints board
Apparently we’re a bottom 6 side.
If that’s the case then they must be a bottom 5 side 😂

These fools need to relax, it’s round 1

It just goes to show how big an effect the fixture has

Saints beat us at Docklands last year when we were paddling

This year we get them in Geelong and win

8 point turnaround on last year already

Basically the difference between 6th and 12th on the ladder last year

They fell into the finals yet we had a significantly better percentage than them

How much of the ground was a standing terrace back then? I remember standing in the Gary Ablett Terrace in the 1990's - that was cool but it was only a tiny pizza slice of the whole KP pizza pie!

The entirety of Moorabool St and around the city end goals to the Jack Jennings Pavilion.

The entire cyclone fence running the length of Moorabool St side was covered in kids. The old tree behind the city end terraces was full of kids.

The stadium looked terrific, great to get off to a win as well. We were the better team, but it was a real scrap and I thought our forward line was very dysfunctional while our defenders let up too much space.

One things for certain though, saints aren’t going anywhere under Lyon.

Solid win, can’t ask for more than that, overall we were rusty but we were the better team all night and let ourselves down with some poor kicking. Saints had a similar comeback last year against the Pies, they’re a decent side (but Ross Lyon football should be banned, it’s horrific to watch).

Young guys looked great! I’m excited about a future with Bruhn, Clark and Holmes.

Dempsey I’ve been big on since the beginning and glad to see this is looking like his breakout year!

Mannagh looked good when he came on, love to see him get a full game.

Cameron is like a God out there sometimes and Danger… just love him, we’ve been blessed to watch him play.

Mannagh in the starting 22 next week please.
4 points, no injuries afaik.
Nice to see Danger kicking that captain’s goal.
Lots to like re the younger players, but overall there will need to be improvement.

I know Mannagh only had a quarter but I thought he showed a lot. I'm keen to see him start next week.
I think he will go alright, I thought he would be ahead of Clark... and might just be after today. Clark was good in the first half, but faded a lot.

Mannagh could've finished the game off 3 times tonight. I suspect he will be playing the forward role mostly but have to wait and see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atkins was huge in the 3rd qtr. He just willed himself to every contest and won the ball.

Forward line didn't function properly for most of the night. Lots to work on there.
Forward line has a lot of potency... Not too worried about that.

I'm more worried about the midfield.

Forward line has a lot of potency... Not too worried about that.

I'm more worried about the midfield.
Our mids were getting done early when the saints had the extra around the stoppage but once we evened up the numbers we got on top.

It didn't look like the weakness I thought it would today past half time

Went for a walk over to the saints board
Apparently we’re a bottom 6 side.
If that’s the case then they must be a bottom 5 side 😂

These fools need to relax, it’s round 1
Apparently we "played our Grand Final in March"

How ******* delusional can one fan base be? We tend to play in the real Grand Finals....and we tend to win them too.

Just extraordinary hubris, and on the night that we unveiled the stand named after a champion of our club who achieved more by himself than the St Kilda Football club has in 150 years.

Bowes in for Tuohy is a big improvement.

Think he’s probably gone on one too many. He wasn’t awful but had little impact other than his goal. I’d play Bowes in front of him.
Close the other that did effectively sfa. He needs to lift.

Apparently we "played our Grand Final in March"

How ******* delusional can one fan base be? We tend to play in the real Grand Finals....and we tend to win them too.

Just extraordinary hubris, and on the night that we unveiled the stand named after a champion of our club who achieved more by himself than the St Kilda Football club has in 150 years.
winners are grinners, they can say whatever they want and it is the gnashing of ants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back