Preview Changes v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Sun 21 April 4:00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

the following announcement comes from heaven....
Saint Coach Emeritus Scamper (my little geelong cat saint)
1712263002203.png

who meows the following....

So the Hawks have ruled out Breuuuust , Jiath & Lewis Mitchell … unless I’m missing someone that really leaves them with only Chol as their real tall forward . The rest are shorter than 180-185cm Or shorter . Unless they do a wildcard & send Sicily forward.
Question: Do we need to be playing all of Chom , Nyuon & Corr all in our back line ?
Don’t want to go in too tall & slow…
Thoughts ?
Mitch Lewis will play if he passes fitness test Friday.

Otherwise it’s Ramsden and Chol.

Clarko loves a curveball, announcing two debutants last week, late in the day.

What are the chances we get George or Hardeman announced today at 4.30pm?

If so, who goes out?

I am assuming Sellers goes out for Zuhaar as the sacrificial lamb for the Geelong loss.

Assume that Lazzaro remains sub

Tucker could go out to, moving Scott to the wing, allowing for Hardeman in defence - taking into account that Hardeman is a rebounding defender.

George being a pressure forward, I am not sure where he would slip into defence. Biggie has the 3rd tall interceptor role, and I doubt they would drop him as he put up a good game. He will hold his spot until Dawson comes back I assume.

Would be good to move Corr out but I doubt George can play lockdown on the 2nd tall forward.

Although George has been playing as a defender, I think just move him forward where his junior position was; and turn him into the Petracca type hybrid-forward we need. He can rotate with Ford or Zurhaar.

OUT: Corr McDonald Tucker Stephens Fisher
IN: Hardeman Phillips Archer Bergman Zurhaar

Ring the f***ing changes.
5 in and 5 out.

But watch Clarko bring Zurhaar in for Sellers and call it a day.

B: Bergman Biggy Archer
HB: Hardeman Comben McKercher
C: Scott LDU Ford
HF: Duursma Sellers Simpkin
F: Curtis Larkey Zurhaar
R: Xerri Wardlaw Sheezel
I: Powell Phillips Drury Greenwood
S: Lazzaro

Man we can't just chuck out 600 games of experience for 25 plus Zurhaar

Clarko loves a curveball, announcing two debutants last week, late in the day.

What are the chances we get George or Hardeman announced today at 4.30pm?

1713397448645.png

(Alright, maybe Hardeman is a ten per cent chance)

Round 1-5

So far, we’ve played 5 teams that are all top 8 teams with a median loss of 56 points. That means we are approx 9 goals per game behind a top 8 team.

Round 6-10

We only play possibly a single top 8 team (likely to be the 8th placed team) and I would not be surprised if we shock a few people with some big wins.

This is the most crucial block of games to tell us how long the rebuild will take.

If we win a got chunk of games in this block convincingly, we are approx 2-3 years away from contenting for 8th.

If we lose most of the games in round 6-10 then we are a very long away from an 8th spot…

Personally, I reckon we will win a good chunk of round 6-10 matches with some being very convincing wins…
More of this - great post of who we’ve played and who we’re playing in the next few games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1-5

So far, we’ve played 5 teams that are all top 8 teams with a median loss of 56 points. That means we are approx 9 goals per game behind a top 8 team.

Round 6-10

We only play possibly a single top 8 team (likely to be the 8th placed team) and I would not be surprised if we shock a few people with some big wins.

This is the most crucial block of games to tell us how long the rebuild will take.

If we win a got chunk of games in this block convincingly, we are approx 2-3 years away from contenting for 8th.

If we lose most of the games in round 6-10 then we are a very long away from an 8th spot…

Personally, I reckon we will win a good chunk of round 6-10 matches with some being very convincing wins…

Sorry mate. I think you're in for a pretty harsh reality check.

We can if they offer us absolutely nothing.

I'm sure Corr and McDonald think they are a walk up start every week. They need a rocket.

Good way to find out they don't offer absolutely nothing imo.

Tucker should be tagging. Has all the attributes and is even built like Ben Jacobs.

His vision for options doesn't seem suited to the wing.
I lowkey enjoy Tucker at the moment. A lot more of a presence than Stephens and Fisher. My number 1 seed of that shitshow.

Round 1-5

Round 6-10

Look, I like the idea of what you’re saying and in reality things over the next month SHOULD get a little easier for us, however, I believe the damage of the first month has had an impact that won’t see us play to a standard we’re all anticipating.
The confidence has been well and truly belted out of us and if the clubs we’ve got coming up in the next 4-6 weeks bring just a breath of pressure we’ll fold.
Had our draw been reversed and we played the hawks, WC and others around us first up, confidence and game plan up and about, I reckon the performances against the higher place sides would have been a little better. Hope I’m wrong of course.

Lewis is confirmed out according to 9.

So for us to lose, Moore, Chol and Ginnivan have to kick a winning score between the three of them.

Hardwick has popped forward to kick a few

And watch their random young tall ramsden clunk a few

Remove this Banner Ad

Back