Game Day Round 8 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 03/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voss wouldn't have seen anything that worried him today. Carlton's midfield will dine out on ours.

Our midfield is a worry. We are slow, and our most dynamic mid (Daicos) doesn't cope well with the hard stuff.
that's what everyone said last week. This week, it was out turn to cop it in the neck. It's a week to week thing.

IMO, CFC did just about everything it could to lose that game today but they escaped with a draw. Essendon was good yet fly would be disappointed with:
  • Kicking at goal
  • Midfield clearances
  • Clean hands
  • Slow starts

Sidebottom simply has to be omitted. Not “managed”. Omitted. It’s always sad when Father Time comes for a champion player, but he’s definitely come for Steele now.

Yes, he may pull a Hoskin-Elliott and play a good match out of the box, but sorry, that’s not enough to keep your spot when you’re as poor as he’s been this season.

I’d be bringing in Fin or Sullivan and actually give them a full game. They can’t do worse than 7 possessions and sweet FA outside that.

Sullivan can't really show more at VFL level than what he did last season with the Dogs.

Time now to see what can translate to AFL level.

Looks to be a bit of bulldog like an Adams.

1 of the veterans out. Coaches take your pick.

Another veteran as sub.

In: Harrison, Sullivan

Reef and Markov to keep their name in contention if they play well in the VFL.

Q is not slow - and impacting contest is his bread and butter. Have you missed the last 2 seasons?
Slow as treacle this season. Too bulky and not able to get to enough contests.

The past two seasons are irrelevant to his current form.

Last edited:
The end is coming to some of our players.. the signs are showing.
Sidey
Crisp with 11 touches
mitchell subbed out

WHE had a poor game.

Don't think it's a age problem with Crisp. Think he is more concerned with breaking the consecutive games record and seems content on what happened last year.

Last edited:
Q is not slow - and impacting contest is his bread and butter. Have you missed the last 2 seasons?

I’m not sure what his last two seasons has to do with this season? This seems to fall in line with the “But Sidebottom runs a lot” argument that really means nothing

Q seems to have put on more muscle in an attempt to get even stronger 1 on 1 but has seemingly made himself slower, less agile and as an added bonus, is winning less 1 on 1s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s competitive but not sure you’d pay a future rounder on what Blair provided in 2011

You wouldn't, and you shouldn't. We overpaid for what is essentially another McCreery who seems to be better at pressuring the oppo with the ball as opposed to getting the ball himself.

You wouldn't, and you shouldn't. We overpaid for what is essentially another McCreery who seems to be better at pressuring the oppo with the ball as opposed to getting the ball himself.

Many of us questioned what we were paying for him

Not that we didn’t want him

I struggled to accept one first rounder let alone two. Yeah he needs time to “fit into the system” but still, two first rounders is a lot to pay for almost any player

At his age and for the price we paid, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a little more

I’m not sure what his last two seasons has to do with this season? This seems to fall in line with the “But Sidebottom runs a lot” argument that really means nothing

Q seems to have put on more muscle in an attempt to get even stronger 1 on 1 but has seemingly made himself slower, less agile and as an added bonus, is winning less 1 on 1s
You mistake his form with losing his speed and agility.
It’s as fanciful as people thinking WHE was past it - who were proven wrong last week.
Only an unsophisticated view would posit Sidebottoms tank is not a weapon.

You mistake his form with losing his speed and agility.
It’s as fanciful as people thinking WHE was past it - who were proven wrong last week.
Only an unsophisticated view would posit Sidebottoms tank is not a weapon.

WHE having one great game doesn’t mean he’s not past it.

Same way Sidebottom “having a tank” means very little when you’re only getting 7 possessions and giving away 3 free kicks

You need to raise your standards and expectations a little.

Like, at some point you kinda need to accept reality

Same way so many today kept waiting for De Goey’s form to turn and it just never did. It never looked like it was going to

We’ll never know what could have happened if we had tried him forward for a bit.

Not getting anywhere near enough out of the likes of Shultz, McReery, Crisp and Quaynor so far this year
If we hadnt of given up so much for Shultz, he would have been dropped weeks ago.
McReery is only holding his spot for his pressure acts, needs to do way more.

If McInnes plays well on the weekend, I would bring him in, gives us another marking target, drop Shultz and make Crisp the sub. Fired last time he was made the sub.

WHE having one great game doesn’t mean he’s not past it.

Same way Sidebottom “having a tank” means very little when you’re only getting 7 possessions and giving away 3 free kicks

You need to raise your standards and expectations a little.

Like, at some point you kinda need to accept reality

Same way so many today kept waiting for De Goey’s form to turn and it just never did. It never looked like it was going to

We’ll never know what could have happened if we had tried him forward for a bit.
You have no perspective- lurching from catastrophing to exhuberance from one team performance to the next. And deriding or exhalating individual players performances with equal fickleness.

You have no perspective- lurching from catastrophing to exhuberance from one team performance to the next. And deriding or exhalating individual players performances with equal fickleness.

Making stuff up is a pretty common trait for those that have no real argument to retort with

Feel free to show me where I switched on Steele last week? Given how personal you take criticism of our players I can only imagine your response had I pointed out last week, even in a massive win, Steele had little impact.

Again, I’m not as basic as that

I don’t view an aberration as breaking a pattern. You seem to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back