Game Day Round 8 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 03/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a game vs Melbourne a few years ago where they demolished us on the inside but we ran rings around them on the outside and won the game comfortably, hopefully tap into that tonight
Yep, we're just going to have to win it elsewhere on the ground. We weren't going to win the midfield battle even with Tom & Jordy playing.

At least knowing they are out, everyone else will realise they have to lift their game tenfold & not rely on a couple.

I'm that hyped it feels like a final!

So do the Carlton fans around me. I live in a very ‘Carlton centric’ area of Melbourne, and I’ve seen numerous Blues jumpers and scarves today.

At the local Woolies this morning, a guy serving at one of the checkouts was wearing his Carlton jumper. I actually asked another staff member if he was ‘allowed’ to do that, and whether ‘his boss knew about it’. Her reply to me -‘are you a Collingwood supporter?’.

Fair enough.

But it’s very distressing, and not even September.

Good on Adams for getting a longer contract.

But why does he have to keep banging on about it? Particularly if he's so happy with his decision & he eventually got what he wanted?

And why does his story change, everytime he opens his mouth?

I was fine with his reasons for moving, but he's giving me the shits with his perpetual moaning.

Adams is a shit bloke. One of my female friends used to be his girlfriend, and like constantly belittle her and treat her like garbage with abuse. So not sad he’s gone.

So do the Carlton fans around me. I live in a very ‘Carlton centric’ area of Melbourne, and I’ve seen numerous Blues jumpers and scarves today.

At the local Woolies this morning, a guy serving at one of the checkouts was wearing his Carlton jumper. I actually asked another staff member if he was ‘allowed’ to do that, and whether ‘his boss knew about it’. Her reply to me -‘are you a Collingwood supporter?’.

Fair enough.

On a walk in my neighbourhood last year, I remember walking past a guy decked out in his Carlton gear the day after they beat us in a H&A match.

I found it bizarre.

Fair enough.

Report him to management for not wearing the Woolies uniform and get the ****er sacked.

Slingshot will be critical for us tonight. When we get it we need to go, as it won't allow Weitering the opportunity to set up behind the ball as easily.

Carlton have brought Cincotta in and dropped Kemp, presumably to match our speed and smalls. It could be interesting if we're able to manufacture one of our midfield rotations to involves Pendles playing forward, as none of Carlton's back 6 other than Weitering and Young are above 190cms.
One problem... Pendles is useless over head.

They played together a lot last year.
I think almost every home and away game. JFN didn’t miss one. Markov played all but a few early last year I think. So they did play together for most games last year until JFN was dropped in the finals 😢

(Log in to remove this ad.)

. So do the Carlton fans around me. I live in a very ‘Carlton centric’ area of Melbourne, and I’ve seen numerous Blues jumpers and scarves today.

Fair enough.

If a medico asks me "any allergies?" I reply "yes, Carlton supporters".

Need to be careful I guess - might strike an anaesthetist who barracks for them - I might never wake up 🙁.

Fair enough.

my cousin is married to a lovely lady, but her flaw is that she follows carlton, but otherwise pleasant. He on the other hand is a collingwood tragic, and not the good kind, the kind that gloats when we win and sulks big time when we lose, come to think about it he’d fit in well here, I digress.

I was talking to her a while back and she told me she’s filled with dread when she sees collingwood vs carlton on the fixture. For her there’s only two outcomes. Either she ends up living with an obnoxious bastard rubbing it in all week, or a moody bastard that won’t talk to anyone all week. Very much a lose lose for her.

My sympathy can only extend so far though, she has brought it upon herself by following carlton.

You've just listed teams you don't rate.

WCE no. Dom Sheed is struggling to get a game for them. Yeo and Kelly are playing really well and the kids they're developing in the midfield are Reid And Ginbey - both looking good.

North - probably not - a couple of solid senior mids and developing more highly rated kids than Finn.

Hawthorns mids are above him.

No idea about StKilda.

Let's turn it around: which team would Lachie Sullivan get a game with?

We haven’t seen him but the coaches do at close range for a huge number of hours.

Anyone who thinks Fin is a potential Best 22 centre square mid is kidding themselves. He has shown next to nothing at senior level.

He shapes as Cal Brown 2.0 - good at VFL, not good enough at AFL level. It took our coaches 70 games to realise that about Cal. Looks like it will only take 20 with Fin.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've watched people say that about tons of players from Didak to De Goey to ...lately .... Billy Frampton.

I guess a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back