Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheet kick of the footy...lots of air on the kick...ripe for intercept!
Bit rough in tackling...drove one of his oppo in the back...straight into the ground...ump was blind sided!
Kid is rough as guts...but give him his due...is always where the ball is!
Yeah that's the question. Is he just a good Talent League player? Needs to add polish no doubt but I love his intensity and competitiveness.

Last season we had manchild midfielder Patrick Hughes from the Falcons win the Morrish Medal and then was overlooked at the draft. Sometimes there are massive kids that just monster the others at the level but dont have AFL attributes. Cody will have to prove he's better than that.

Interested to see how Isaac Kako and Murphy Reid go. As well as the grandson of KB Charlie Richardson

Taj Hotton is the one I have my eye on the most

Interested to see how Isaac Kako and Murphy Reid go. As well as the grandson of KB Charlie Richardson

ha gay GIF

O'Farrell confirmed his bona fides as a top tall defensive prospect in this game. Where other Academy defenders struggled with the amount of ball coming in and the more mature Coburg bodies, O'Farrell had the closing speed and aerial ability to compete at a high level. He also used the ball well by foot coming out of defense.

I don't know the rules but do we care about Charlie Richardson in any way shape or form? We have no claim on him as far as I'm aware and he will be drafted on merit somewhere and not on sentiment. Unless I'm missing somewhere and we can bid on him for cheap?

If baker were to leave, I actually wish he was a free agent this year. If we finish bottom 4, he would definitely net us a pick straight after our first yeah? That’s how this shitty system works yeah ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
AFL would ream us.End of 2nd at best

You can have 2 of the following 3 predominatly inside mids. Pick your 2.

Jagga Smith 181cm 70kg mid. Dynamic and elusive inside mid who will probably go earlier than the other 2 below. Highly skilled.

Josh Smillie 194cm 92kg mid. Monster mid who loves and dominates the contested ball. Sharp disposal. High footy IQ.

Sam Lalor 187cm 88kg mid. Bull like inside mid with clean hands. Can also go through the forward line.

All are ranked top 10.
Smith & Lalor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My current wish list for the draft:

1. Jagga Smith
2. Finn O'Sullivan
3. Sid Draper
4. Christian Moraes
5. Sam Lalor
6. Taj Hotton
7. Luke Trainor
8. Jack Whitlock

I dont disagree with any of that but would Smith cost anymore than a top 10 pick? Coming off a knee and poorish form in 2023
also headcase druggo, hes the type of player we always pass over because they fail the dickhead test but regret it down the line.

Not sure why we would even consider trading someone in this year. Would rather try and move up the draft order and getting kids into the club. A mature fringe player from another club would just keep a kid out of the side longer.

Would have to be a steal and cost us nothing, the only spot i see would be a key forward or another key back considering Gibcus injury worries.
KPP's would only be via FA anyway. Ppl on here scream "play the kids" then want us to trade in C graders like the bloke that can't get a game for Norf & wonder why we don't play the kids. We need to draft them & play them!

IDK why they don't just make bids matchable after the first round? Everyone gets a chance to pick whoever they want, then. After father/son bids or other academy bids, that probably pushes out to around 25.

If you traded your pick, or picked someone else, that's on you.
That was the system, but ironically the Northern Clubs squealed about it so our rules got changed while their's remains the same to this very day.

Back