Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Gold Coast in Darwin oh jesus [Out: Pink, Duurs & Jy - In: WiPhi, Laz & Greenwood]

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Sleevo, McDonald
In: Ford, Greenwood

Play Pink forward
Play McKercher on the wing
Play Greenwood as loose man in defense
Play Ford HFF

I thought after an ordinary start, Shiels was actually pretty influential later.

Stevo out for Ford. Otherwise barring injuries I’d give this team another go based on today. And a different sub. If Pink can help out forward, back or in the ruck that seems worth trying for a whole game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the starting 22.
In: pink Ford Bergman
Out: shiels, Stephenson tucker (sub)

Fb Archer comben McDonald
hb sheezel corr Bergman
C Scott wardlaw mckercher
R Xerri Ldu Powell
hf Ford Pink zurhaar
Ff Simpkin larkey Curtis
Int fisher, Duursma, hardeman, Drury
Sub: tucker

Only worries could be dealing with gold coasts height having to use mcdonald as 3rd tall

Why Archer? Thought he was good. Also Pink brought some structure to the forward line.
Fair enough. Just I personally feel Archer besides his wonderful endeavour isn't an AFL footballer. Pink was better fwd, doesn't make him good though.

At days end we're 0/8 and you don't achieve that by having a good side.

Fair enough. Just I personally feel Archer besides his wonderful endeavour isn't an AFL footballer. Pink was better fwd, doesn't make him good though.

At days end we're 0/8 and you don't achieve that by having a good side.
Games with Archer in we are 0/1, and he was good yesterday. He does have wonderful endeavour, also he knows how to defend and has some strength to do it, which puts him among my first choice defenders among those available.

Pink I thought was unlucky to be dropped, and the side looked better with another tall forward (big surprise), so again while we have limited options I think he’s also worth persisting with for the structural benefit.

I have to assume Xerri is playing to instructions, given Clarkson always brings his name up. I thought he was pretty good yesterday, and was only disappointed that he was outmarked a fair bit around the ground. The mix of players in the midfield certainly looked better around him.

George Wardlaw. Love the way he plays so much. Can a guy be nominated for the Rising Star three times? If not, hope it’s Colby - he is getting better each week, just wish he didn’t have to also be a one on one defender because that’s not working.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back