Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Josh Daicos was awarded the downfield free kick, with 11:48 to play in the second quarter, in exactly the way Nick Daicos wasn’t in the last minute on ANZAC Day.

They're interesting.
Have all the talent/best list but too many of the 1 type of player. Either inside slow mids or talls.Play the wrong game plan for modern footy.
If they get Saad and Martin/Motlop back they may come good
Carlton don't have the best list - what a joke - the Carlton media pushed this for the gullible supporter base.
GWS/Sydney/Brisbane/Geelong/Melbourne/Gold Coast have a better list.

Last edited:
Carlton don't have the best list - what a joke - the Carlton media pushed this for the gullible supporter base.
GWS/Sydney/Brisbane/Geelong/Gold Coast have a better list.
With good coaching they have a pretty good team.

Their outs of Saad, McGovern, Docherty, Martin does strengthen them.

Equal to at least Syd, Bris, Gee and GC. Not GWS at full strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With good coaching they have a pretty good team.

Their outs of Saad, McGovern, Docherty, Martin does strengthen them.

Equal to at least Syd, Bris, Gee and GC. Not GWS at full strength.
I don't rate their list, many others don't as well.
That doesn't mean they can't play good football and potentially finish in the top 8.
We will see how the bolded plays out over the remainder of the season.
Don't think Docherty will make it back though (ACL).
Martin (17 goals in 2023)/Motlop (24 goals in 2023) might improve the small forward mix. But, it is not the equal of Syd, Bris, Gee.
What is the pass mark for Saad? What is the bare minimum he needs to bring each game?

Nick Daicos was huge, clear BOG, thought Pendles was our next best and really had some pivotal moments creating turnovers with intecepts through the whole game.

Hopefully Beau's okay after a knee to the face.

Weirdly even though he got scored on I actually thought Frammers played a decent game.

Moore was also good overall.

Crisp started shake but then found his power running game.

Great game of footy to watch too.

Carlton put so much ball through Curnow and Mckay that the reality is they're both going to kick multiple goals. I thought Frammers and Moore played great games on Friday night.

Some observations:
We didn't make the most of our territory and pressure dominance, especially in the third quarter.
Pendles did a great job keeping Cripps quiet.
Crisp is finding some form.
Ditto Darcy Moore.
Weitering kept Checkers quiet, but we still found ways to score.
Sullivan must have been nervous, but it didn't show - a great first up effort.
HH needs to stay in the side - he gives us plenty of pace and bite around the packs.

Fixing up the scum again - how sweet it is!!

Checkers played the decoy role perfectly keeping Weitering busy all night.

If we had lost, would you still have said Frammers played a great game?
two of Harry's first quarter goals were a result of horrendous turnovers in the middle of the ground with our defenders pushing up. Wouldn't have mattered who was on Harry, he still would have kicked those goals.

Yep. McKay was about to kick 10 before the reset zone at q time pushed up and it never got in their 50 rest if the game.
Frampton not best 22 imo.
Get Jiath in
Yes, this is how McKay beat Frampton - first get him in a headlock, then get rewarded with the free kick -

FWIW, I thought Frampton went OK on Friday, did his role well, as he’s been doing for weeks.

I assume your call to get the much shorter, skinnier, really inexperienced “Jiath in” was made in jest or sarcasm.

Yes, this is how McKay beat Frampton - first get him in a headlock, then get rewarded with the free kick -

FWIW, I thought Frampton went OK on Friday, did his role well, as he’s been doing for weeks.

I assume your call to get the much shorter, skinnier, really inexperienced “Jiath in” was made in jest or sarcasm.

Insanity?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back