Food, Drink & Dining Out What did you cook for dinner last night?

Remove this Banner Ad

last night

chilli chicken and basil

nice and easy - try it

using a deep pan or wok, fry up some red/spanish onion until soft along with some chilli to taste, normally a good heaped teaspoon gives it enough heat without being a killer, fresh or the jar variety works well but not the dried stuff, add diced chicken and cook until chicken is just cooked through usually about 3 minutes. Add some freshley chopped basil, normal, thai or purple all work fine, the tube stuff as a last resort but definitely not dried, stir through. Then stir in couple of tablespoons of brown sugar and an equal quantity of fish sauce and simmer for another minute or so making sure all the sugar has melted, add cocunut cream or milk and heat through.

serve on a bed of jasmine rice (or uncle bens rice that is idiot proof if like me you can't cook rice to save yourself!!)

Fish and pasta salad.

Cook some rice in the rice cooker.

In a wok using olive oil cook some chopped onions, capsicum, soy sauce and chili. Remove.

Fry some eggs(broken yolks) in the wok.

Put rice on a plate. Cover rice with fried eggs. Cover eggs with onions, capsicum and chili.

Top with chilli and garlic sauce.

:thumbsu:

Cook some rice in the rice cooker.

In a wok using olive oil cook some chopped onions, capsicum, soy sauce and chili. Remove.

Fry some eggs(broken yolks) in the wok.

Put rice on a plate. Cover rice with fried eggs. Cover eggs with onions, capsicum and chili.

Top with chilli and garlic sauce.

:thumbsu:

goodness me that sounds delicious, thanks for the recipe raski :thumbsu:

goodness me that sounds delicious, thanks for the recipe raski :thumbsu:

No worries. For those who like to eat dead animals apparently mince goes alright instead of eggs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Medium rare porterhouse steak, grilled, with mushrooms and a fine mushroom sauce. Complete with mashed potatoes and a side of lettuce, cucumber, shaved carrot and tomato.

That sounds so nice.

I am having Rump for tea tonight, Mine rare the other medium/ charcoal yuk.
Having jacket potatoes, with sour cream and chives, and a green salad, and balsamic fried onions, mushrooms, and a Diane Sauce.

Cant wait I am starved.

That sounds so nice.

I am having Rump for tea tonight, Mine rare the other medium/ charcoal yuk.
Having jacket potatoes, with sour cream and chives, and a green salad, and balsamic fried onions, mushrooms, and a Diane Sauce.

Cant wait I am starved.

I thought you would only have soup?

We usually don't have much money, and usually the only meat we can afford is sausages. But I like to experiment, so once I marinated them in honey, bbq sauce, steak sauce, garlic & soy and then cooked them in the oven.

I've turned sausages into a first class A grade meal!

Oh, last night I made scalloped potatoes & chicken legs which was nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back