Trading Strategies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Trading Strategies for this week??

Well, for mine, 9 of my 17 (Kennelly, Ball, Hille, Tippett, Pavlenko, Ziebell, Medhurst, Hitchcock (sorta) and Hall) underperformed, and there's Gray, who didn't play and I don't know where he's at.

Something needs to change up there. Kennelly is safe, because he's gunna make money. Ziebell is safe, because North got thrashed. Hitchcock is safe cuz rookie, Hall will deliver some bags, and Pav needs to be more selfish, so Ill give him time.

Medhurst is making me think, because I can feel he'll struggle against the Mighty Saints, but he's still a bargain. Actually thinking of sitting this guy on the bench next week and letting Gumby have a run.

That leaves Hille, Tippett, Ball and Gray. Personally, I think Hille will need time, so he stays. Tippett has been the most disappointing of the 3, but he'll be up and down, so I'll keep him.

That leaves Ball and Gray. For someone who ripped up the NAB Cup, Ball has been fairly poor both games and his TOG (74% in the game against the Dees) isn't what I thought he would be getting. I just can't help but think with Gray that this injury seems more serious than they're letting on. Could become premium/elite, but could also play half a season. I can get Dangerfield in the midfield and Brown up forward for them, and I think I should take advantage of this before prices shift.

Dangerfield has been good in games that the Crows have struggled in. How will he do when they are actually good? Brown is a beast, and I know he might slow down, but he's gunna make money and he'll average more than last year. Got to take advantage of this, because this is the only chance I'll have of securing Brown's services.

Does anyone object to my logic here?

As Nike say "Just do it!" :D:thumbsu:

how can anyone here be contemplating dropping zeibell?? 110 last week and spud this week when the whole side got pants'ed??

bugger it yeah drop waste a trade

Armitage and Clark are worries for my. Might upgrade to Sandilands/Cornes before they skyrocket.

Is that the same Armitage who score over 110 this week?

Don't really want to use any but I've decided Rhyce Shaw must go. Malceski back and fit has taken his role from last year so him and Mattner have been given run with and defensive rolls. Not cool.

Shaw to Malceski.

Hall to Brown.

Don't want a cow who is losing me money, especially a cow with 99.9999 demerit points.

Then I'll sit on that for a while... hopefully :D

how can anyone here be contemplating dropping zeibell?? 110 last week and spud this week when the whole side got pants'ed??

bugger it yeah drop waste a trade

Strategy wise though do you trade a premium down (like Clark to Seaby) or kennelly to Silvagni this week just to pocket say $200K+ in the bank for upgrades later. Or do you perservere and hang onto your trades?

I mean potentially Seaby could average the same or more than the underpeforming Tippett or Clark so trading for him this week could pocket you the $200K+ otherwise you will miss the boat..Any thoughts?

I've got Tippett and Jolly in the ruck with NicNat on the bench, one of them has to go so I can upgrade B.Hall as he seems to be a bit of a bust.

Can Jolly seriously be this bad? Is it worth subbing in NicNat and trading Jolly for a Seaby? I'm also worried about using early trades but Jolly and Tippett are screwing me royally.

Now that Hurn is only off for a couple of weeks I've rethought things a little. My forwards are definitely my weak spot ATM:

Riewoldt, Nick (Capt) 328
O'Keefe, Ryan 167
Medhurst, Paul 46
Waite, Jarrad 66
Walker, Taylor 32
Hall, Barry 43
Warren, Ben 41

(Rockliff, Roberts bench)

Out of those guys I can only really think of losing Hall, Walker or Warren. I've got a bit of cash in the kitty, so can trade Hall either Walker or Warren for Brown and a rookie who's ready to a: keep playing and b: increase in value. Think Hitchcock or Petersen- maybe Duncan? Trouble is, I do this, and they'll have to play- at least for a week until I can trade again. So won't do anything until Friday of course...

Really don't like trading this early, but once I've ironed out these kinks I can sit tight.

I think to use (at most) 2 trades withing the 1st 2 weeks. Unless you get super lucky, there are always a few selection surprises in round 1 and a few dud scorers. But to trade a dud scorer out, they have to have had 2 bad scores, not 1 good an d1 bad, or 2 average. Tippett is a great example of 2 bad scores

I have allowed my self 2 trades this year to clean up bad picks/ underperforming players. I have Harvey, Tippett and Hall as my underperformers and JKT and Rockliff as my not great picks (but i do think Rockliff is not far off after his PS)

Harvey had 1 bad game. In fact it was atrocious. But he will bounce back. Keep.

Tippett- there is a rumour floating around that he has some pain behind his knee and has been carrying it through PS. This is a concern. He will score better when the Crows get things going, but i can't see us playing to our full potential for another 4 weeks or so. Most likely trade to Kreuzer

Hall- stays, he'll get into it. he's not far off scoring at his price and will just need 1 biggun to get going

JKT- might have to ditch, got caught in the hype.

I still might keep Tip, but i'll see how it pans out this week

This leaves me with 18 trades- 5 for injuries and 13 for down and up grades. I was hoping to only have to use 1 trade, but it looks like i will have to use 2

I think to use (at most) 2 trades withing the 1st 2 weeks. Unless you get super lucky, there are always a few selection surprises in round 1 and a few dud scorers. But to trade a dud scorer out, they have to have had 2 bad scores, not 1 good an d1 bad, or 2 average. Tippett is a great example of 2 bad scores

I have allowed my self 2 trades this year to clean up bad picks/ underperforming players. I have Harvey, Tippett and Hall as my underperformers and JKT and Rockliff as my not great picks (but i do think Rockliff is not far off after his PS)

Harvey had 1 bad game. In fact it was atrocious. But he will bounce back. Keep.

Tippett- there is a rumour floating around that he has some pain behind his knee and has been carrying it through PS. This is a concern. He will score better when the Crows get things going, but i can't see us playing to our full potential for another 4 weeks or so. Most likely trade to Kreuzer

Hall- stays, he'll get into it. he's not far off scoring at his price and will just need 1 biggun to get going

JKT- might have to ditch, got caught in the hype.

I still might keep Tip, but i'll see how it pans out this week

This leaves me with 18 trades- 5 for injuries and 13 for down and up grades. I was hoping to only have to use 1 trade, but it looks like i will have to use 2

mmm..interesting..I have Clark and Natinui in ruck with Tippett in fwd line as MPP. Should I trade Clark for Seaby and upgrade Tippett or even Medhurst to Brown this week before the price rises??? Any suggestions??

I've got enough cash to straight swap Tippett for Brown.

Yay or Nay?

I would. I'm not convinced Tippett will be averaging 100, Brown will be averaging 120 with the help of Fevola.

Hi all,

Just wondering what strategies in mind does everyone have for this week for the price rises. Do you trade out underperforming premiums? Do you try and look for other rookies that have been scoring well and get them into your side? Or do you just stay with what you got and trust you underperforming players will get better?

For example: Like myself I have Tippett and Clark.
I am thinking of trading down Clark to Seaby and upgrading Tippett to Brown and have a bit of cash left over. But maybe that is a waste of two trades this early.
They are premiums and are supposed to be scoring well so should I hang on to them and save the trades for upgrading rookies or value players who go up in price later.

Just wondering what strategies people use.

Cheers Sam

I was thinking of downtrading myself. I think the mistake is to do what someone else here suggested in trading Kenelly for Silvagni. Yeah sure Silvagni has an average of 90 or so in his first two games, but they have been comfortable wins. I'd stick with a player who is a proven performer.

I was considering trading out Masten for Barlow, but thats totally a waste of a trade. Give your players a go, because you will be pulling your hair out when you boot them out and they get 100+.

If you have Mitch Clarke in now, keep him, cos he will get better with time. And why not save your trade for injuries. If you definitely wanted to trade, I'd go Seaby.

As with Tippett, I would go with that trade. Brown is going to be unstoppable. If they double team him, who kicks the goals....FEVOLA!!!

I've had a good two weeks, but I'm trading out Mitch Banner, for Barlow, I think Banner could get dropped, and well Barlow looks fine....Just ask BT.

That leaves 46k in the bank.

Silvagni from emergency for Hurn

Future trades

Krakoeur 373k is only getting 60-70 will be watching over next 3 weeks.
Mitch Farmer out new player in. Possibly upgrade Krakoeur with that.
Vince is a concern, I reckon he's the go to guy for taggers. If I have to get trade Vince, Montagna is in.
Masten I'm giving Masten 3 weeks to get 120+ games or he's out.
Hitchcock won't really get over 70 so I'll look for the Plateu and trade up from Gumbleton.

Pretty happy with most of the other team Barry Hall will improve iwth time. Schoernmakers will do good.

I don't see Kennelly as a keeper IMO.

Was always going to be an upgrade platform for me so I could grab a fallen premium later on.

I am just doing the reverse and downgrading him now for Silvagni and have Maguire on the bench who is averaging more than Kennelly anyways. :thumbsu:

The money that I get from the Kennelly > Silvagni trade lets me upgrade Tippet > J.Brown and I can also upgrade Hille > Kruezer next week. :thumbsu:

Whatever way you look at it its a win/win for me. :thumbsu:

I get a great backline rookie who will skyrocket in cash and get to get rid of two spuds out of my team in Hille and Tippet. ;)

Hi guys I didn't get much a response in the other trading thread so thought I would post in this one as well.

I am not sure what to do so would appreciate your input. I have a couple of options for trading this week.

Option 1

Downgrade Goodwin/Bock to Hunt
Upgrade Hall to Brown

With the money left over I can use to upgrade one of my midfield cash cows in the future and also Hunt will go up in value as well.

Option 2

Downgrade Tippet to Seaby
Upgrade Hall to Brown

What do you guys think. I am in a bit of a rutt at the moment. Please give me your opinions/feedback.

cheers :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys I didn't get much a response in the other trading thread so thought I would post in this one as well.

I am not sure what to do so would appreciate your input. I have a couple of options for trading this week.

Option 1

Downgrade Goodwin/Bock to Hunt
Upgrade Hall to Brown

With the money left over I can use to upgrade one of my midfield cash cows in the future and also Hunt will go up in value as well.

Option 2

Downgrade Tippet to Seaby
Upgrade Hall to Brown

What do you guys think. I am in a bit of a rutt at the moment. Please give me your opinions/feedback.

cheers :)

Tippett to seaby, yes I would, Tippett seems to flourish as a forward player, and right now I don't think the Crows are going to give this guy 100+ scores. Seaby looks good, is cheap, and is already averaging over 100. Also in a Sydney outfit, he should do well.

Hall to Brown, I wouldn't jump on that too soon. Hall can kick goals. I'd expect Hall to make some progress soon. Remember the Doggies have a potent attacking game. I'd possibly look somewhere else with the cash you have.

The Goodwin Bock to Hunt, nah. Hunt won't average 100 so why bother. Afterall isn't that what your after. You will lose 30ppg and gain 30ppg. In the end gain nothing.

mmm..interesting..I have Clark and Natinui in ruck with Tippett in fwd line as MPP. Should I trade Clark for Seaby and upgrade Tippett or even Medhurst to Brown this week before the price rises??? Any suggestions??

Seaby won't score as well every week. He played a pretty much non existant team on Sunday. He will score ok, but he won't score 100 every week.

Clark will get better. Just have to be patient

Tippett i am worried about, just cos of that knee rumour.

In the end it all depends whether you are going for overall or league. If you are going for overall, you need points now. Fall too far back and you're gone.

Going for league? Hold off

Was always going to be an upgrade platform for me so I could grab a fallen premium later on.

I am just doing the reverse and downgrading him now for Silvagni and have Maguire on the bench who is averaging more than Kennelly anyways. :thumbsu:

The money that I get from the Kennelly > Silvagni trade lets me upgrade Tippet > J.Brown and I can also upgrade Hille > Kruezer next week. :thumbsu:

I get a great backline rookie who will skyrocket in cash and get to get rid of two spuds out of my team in Hille and Tippet. ;)

I just can't get my head around the fact that you're going to trade out a guy that's going to make money for a rookie. I understand why, definately, but it just seems awkward.

Logic to it is there though. It just seems funny you're trading. Silvagni could struggle against better teams with better pressure.

I may be the only one thinking it...but this seems insane. Kennelly has potential keeper written all over him. If he backed up with another 100 this week you wouldn't be thinking of trading him. Tippet vs. Melbourne this week...5 goals in pre-season can be used as a form guide. Just my 2 cents...it's way too early to burn all those trades based on 2 games.

I may be the only one thinking it...but this seems insane. Kennelly has potential keeper written all over him. If he backed up with another 100 this week you wouldn't be thinking of trading him. Tippet vs. Melbourne this week...5 goals in pre-season can be used as a form guide. Just my 2 cents...it's way too early to burn all those trades based on 2 games.

That's the only saving grace for me with Tippet is the fact he has good form VS Melbourne. Just throwing up the idea of putting Byrnes or Dangerfield in for him. Any ideas on this one?? For me, Byrnes is in red hot form and Danger is having these explosive quarters. Tippet looks injured or just out of sorts or something.. just doesn't look right.. The idea of being the next big thing could be in the back of his mind too.

Keep Kennelly for sure i think.

Im thinking Clark > Kreuzer

then Gray > Brown

Sort fo Hoping that Gray isnt named for port this week so it gives me an excuse not to do this.

I know it defies all logic but, i wouldnt mind dumping gray this week then trying to get him later on when ziebell/medhurst are 400kish and my rookies have matured

Ive read alot on these forums about trading hall, hille, etc i think they will come good and rise in price.

I need some help on which trade i should do:

Walker (carlton) ---> barlow
will free up 180k in my salary to upgrade someone to a premium

Options:
Ball ---> M Murphy?
Medhurst ----> J Brown?

Or does anyone else think i should choose a different premium?

The premiums i have are: Goddard, Enright, Gilbee, Hodge, Ablett, Cooney, Dal Santo, Sandilands, Riewoldt and O'keefe

Thanks in advance

Ive read alot on these forums about trading hall, hille, etc i think they will come good and rise in price.

I need some help on which trade i should do:

Walker (carlton) ---> barlow
will free up 180k in my salary to upgrade someone to a premium

Options:
Ball ---> M Murphy?
Medhurst ----> J Brown?

Or does anyone else think i should choose a different premium?

The premiums i have are: Goddard, Enright, Gilbee, Hodge, Ablett, Cooney, Dal Santo, Sandilands, Riewoldt and O'keefe

Thanks in advance

IMO you should definitely get Barlow. He might drop off later but his price will skyrocket and make you plenty of cash.

Tough choice you're gonna have to make if you choose to do it though.

Murphy is one of the most consistent players going around in terms of SC. I don't think he dropped below 100 once last season and if the first two rounds are anything to go by he's gonna improve on last years average (which was pretty good).

Brown, on the other hand is on fire and will probably sustain a high average due to the fact that he's fit and the Lions are up and about this year. He's got the potential to get huge scores (like the 170 against the Blues) and is usually a pretty consistent player (especially as a fwd).

Ball should start to lift his scores and push his average into the high 80's early 90's region. I'm not a huge fan of Medhurst and can't really see him reaching the sort of average that Ball should get to. However he's got the potential to pull the big scores from nowhere.

IMO I'd be grabbing Brown right now. But try and grab Murphy later in the season if possible.

BTW I've got the same premiums as you:cool:

Need about 151k from a downgrade to go Hall -> Brown.

Kennelly or Tippett?

Kennelly I don't see as a keeper and is his value worth his average? I've got the Goose and Silvagni on the bench so I'm having no problems finding points.

If Tippett wasn't my only ruck backup (went with Lobbe and McCauley - didn't see any value in the ruck emergencies) he'd be thrown out the door in a heartbeat. I just don't want to see Sandi or NicNat go down and leave me high and dry.

IMO you should definitely get Barlow. He might drop off later but his price will skyrocket and make you plenty of cash.

Tough choice you're gonna have to make if you choose to do it though.

Murphy is one of the most consistent players going around in terms of SC. I don't think he dropped below 100 once last season and if the first two rounds are anything to go by he's gonna improve on last years average (which was pretty good).

Brown, on the other hand is on fire and will probably sustain a high average due to the fact that he's fit and the Lions are up and about this year. He's got the potential to get huge scores (like the 170 against the Blues) and is usually a pretty consistent player (especially as a fwd).

Ball should start to lift his scores and push his average into the high 80's early 90's region. I'm not a huge fan of Medhurst and can't really see him reaching the sort of average that Ball should get to. However he's got the potential to pull the big scores from nowhere.

IMO I'd be grabbing Brown right now. But try and grab Murphy later in the season if possible.

BTW I've got the same premiums as you:cool:

Thanks for your advice yeh its a really hard call might do some more study in the next few days. The premiums are going well so far this year hope they continue it!

Okay so I'm wanting to trade Gray out for J. Brown, for which I need $75,800 (which I don't have). So I need to downgrade a player to get him. I have two options in mind:

Trade One
Out Clark, In Kruezer. This nets me $77,000. Both are risks. Clark proved last year when he got going he was consistantly well, where as Kruezer hasn't proven this yet, but Kruezer is in form and Clark isn't. Also I'd be trading a premium (who is out of form) for a player who isn't a proven keeper so is likely to be a cash cow for a later upgrade.

or

Trade Two
Out Hall, In Ballantyne. This nets me about $97,100. Both are development players. Hall when he finds form, is likely to be up and down by nature of his position. Ballantyne is likely to be up and down by nature of his team. Out of Hall and Clark, Clark is the one more likely to come good and be consistant.

I'm leaning towards Trade 2 but would love some opinions on this.

Okay so I'm wanting to trade Gray out for J. Brown, for which I need $75,800 (which I don't have). So I need to downgrade a player to get him. I have two options in mind:

Trade One
Out Clark, In Kruezer. This nets me $77,000. Both are risks. Clark proved last year when he got going he was consistantly well, where as Kruezer hasn't proven this yet, but Kruezer is in form and Clark isn't. Also I'd be trading a premium (who is out of form) for a player who isn't a proven keeper so is likely to be a cash cow for a later upgrade.

or

Trade Two
Out Hall, In Ballantyne. This nets me about $97,100. Both are development players. Hall when he finds form, is likely to be up and down by nature of his position. Ballantyne is likely to be up and down by nature of his team. Out of Hall and Clark, Clark is the one more likely to come good and be consistant.

I'm leaning towards Trade 2 but would love some opinions on this.
Trade 1 IMO.

Ballantyne will be just like Hall - up and down. Kruezer looks on the way up and if he averages 85+ it'll be good value for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back