Remove this Banner Ad

Rambo Stallone

All Australian
Suspended
Nov 26, 2006
in a ****ing house.
AFL Club
Carlton
I love too see some great W.A.F.L games and Grand Finals from the past any from the beginning they kept to around 1985 before the Eagles were formed on DVD. I'm amazed that 100 years of WA footy has been treated so poorly like it never happen.

I think a lot of West Aussies would love too see some of it on DVD like the AFL.They must have all the material from the old days somewhere collecting dust,surely they make money releasing it.

I love to see Kevin Taylor take that Mark,Stephen Michael running wild with the ball.I like too see all those good players Brian Peake,Ron Boucher,Peter Spencer,Phil Kelly,Stephen Malaxos,Les Fong,Archie Duda and the list goes on.

I'm surprise also there hasn't been a real good book on WA Footy,with great photos and story of each club history,then a good section of The Eagles,20 years + and then the duds The Dockers who history would fit 1 page,lol.

A man after my own heart Rambo!

At the grounds during the games they generally announce that you can "get this and any other game through your club".

Jacko as a 16/17yo CHF for Souths was a great game also kane. WP v Souths in late 90's??? I was surrounded by WP supporters, including my wife's grandfather, and I was barracking for Souths so hard, because there was no way I wanted the garlics to win. Think they (garlics) did win but I am filthy, to this day, about the $65 parking infringement I got and I parked about 1.5km from Subi. Makes me like WP even 'more'!

Swan Districts 1982/83/84 premierships.
The Narkle brothers,shine,rance,boucher,langford ,ware,skwiraowski,Soilin,Richardson!All Gems.:thumbsu:

i will never forget the 78 GF in the rain. I watched the video again about 2 months ago. Still made me tingle but how different the game was

Loved the 1985 flag for the Sharks. Went through the early part of the year (first 12 rounds from memory) undefeated, had a hiccup or two in the back part of the year but still looked likely to go a step further than 84', following a couple of years down the ladder after our 79' flag.

A side that contained names like Peake, Neesham, Alexander, Wrensted, Wilson, Lockyer, Browning, Harding, Kerr and a young Chris Mainwaring went into the GF as favourites, but Subiaco wouldn't go away. 5 points in it and the ball went forward for Subiaco. Siren went, but for what seemed like an eternity the game kept going. Eventually, relief.

Can't go past the 97 grand final for me, down by about 4 goals in the last quarter the mighty Bulldogs came storming home over their bitter rivals the Sharks to win by a goal

*Sigh* such happy times
I was at that game - an incredible last quarter by Souths against the breeze after trailing by 29 points early in the last quarter. Fond memories of the 1980 flag win too even though it was a bit of a blow out. What a shame Stephen Michael never played in the VFL - would have won a Brownlow or 2.

I like too see all of the great WA players before they were snapped up to become superstars in the AFL.
Yes lots of great players like the Krackour brothers and Graham Moss at Claremont, Maurice Rioli, Brad Hardie and Nicky Winmar at South, Leon Baker and Simon Beasley at Swans, Gary Buckenara at Subi and of course Cable and Polly Farmer before that - the list goes on and on. Hardie's years at South from 1982-1984 stand out for me as I saw alot of those games - was robbed of the '83 Sandover Medal and played the best footy of his career in the WAFL before going on to win the '85 Brownlow.

The 1981 grand final which Claremont won will always be my favourite. All the greats like Graham Moss, Jim & Phil Krakeour, Wayne Blackwell, Stephen Michael and all the other super stars. I still remember the celebrations at the football club

A man after my own heart Rambo!

At the grounds during the games they generally announce that you can "get this and any other game through your club".

Jacko as a 16/17yo CHF for Souths was a great game also kane. WP v Souths in late 90's??? I was surrounded by WP supporters, including my wife's grandfather, and I was barracking for Souths so hard, because there was no way I wanted the garlics to win. Think they (garlics) did win but I am filthy, to this day, about the $65 parking infringement I got and I parked about 1.5km from Subi. Makes me like WP even 'more'!

At the grounds during the games they generally announce that you can "get this and any other game through your club". Do you mean at a WAFL game? I kind of lost interest with the WAFL,seeing it raped from the AFL.

I'll have to see if there is a list on each club and State games,hopefully it's not just recent game recorded from the ABC.I hope it's actual games recorded in the past with descent sound and Video on DVD.

At the grounds during the games they generally announce that you can "get this and any other game through your club". Do you mean at a WAFL game? I kind of lost interest with the WAFL,seeing it raped from the AFL.

I'll have to see if there is a list on each club and State games,hopefully it's not just recent game recorded from the ABC.I hope it's actual games recorded in the past with descent sound and Video on DVD.

Yeah, I meant WAFL games. I also saw ABC, on their website this week, advertising the fact you could purchase any GF's from them.

Wait until you get kids Rambo, best environment for them. There's no pushing and shoving to get your seats, they can go to quarter time huddles etc (unless another moronic supporter attacks 1 more official), except when the mighty black ducks become too popular and I have to fight for my blade of grass on the outer banks, then it's no longer amusing!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ABC have them for $55 for a 2-DVD set ... seems overly steep for just a game of footy on a disc.

http://www.abc.net.au/programsales/

Please order directly from ABC Archives & Library Services in Western Australia
GPO Box 9994 Perth 2001
Tel 08 9220 2944 or Fax: 08 9220 2766

For details of previous annual WAFL Finals as screened on ABC-TV in Western Australia, and how to order details and relevant prices for older programs please contact the ABC Sales Office, Perth, Western Australia.

ABC Perth Sport: WAFL
Tel 08 9220 2944

if you are looking for games Channel 7 also did them from about 1980 onwards. Thats where I got the Swans 82,83 grand finals.

ABC and Seven do have them. Over priced yes but very much available.

1975 West Perth South Freo

WP - 23-17 = 155

def

SF - 07-09 = 51

Record winning margin

Record crowd of 52341 people to that point broken only by Derby grand final 1979.

My first ever WAFL game Live coming from Bunbury and watched my beloved Cardies win easily. Those were the good old days.

if you are looking for games Channel 7 also did them from about 1980 onwards. Thats where I got the Swans 82,83 grand finals.

WP - 23-17 = 155

def

SF - 07-09 = 51

Record winning margin

Record crowd of 52341 people to that point broken only by Derby grand final 1979.

My first ever WAFL game Live coming from Bunbury and watched my beloved Cardies win easily. Those were the good old days.

Did you get them directly from Seven put on DVD,custom made or they have them for Sale?

ABC have them for $55 for a 2-DVD set ... seems overly steep for just a game of footy on a disc.

http://www.abc.net.au/programsales/
I had a look at that,they only have the last few Seasons. It's a bit high on their prices,but then again there wouldn't be a big market for them with the recent AFL ones.

I would pay a good price for the old ones as long as the audio was fine and the picture was preserved like the VFL ones from the late 70s and 80s. I wouldn't like it if it was just put on a DVD R like it's done on a computer for that price and pause and freeze like a Bali bought DVD,lol.

I paid $60 for a single DVD of a US rock band who only released their only live DVD in Japan.I was a little annoyed it didn't have 5.1 Stereo or 2.0 just PCM as it was recorded back in 1983.

2010...KRAKOUER!!!

SWAN DISTRICTS: 1.6 5.10 9.15 14.16 (100)
CLAREMONT: 3.3 5.6 9.11 14.15 (99)

Sensational game of footy with Krakouer getting 42 possessions, kicking five goals (including the match winner), scoring 290 SC points and winning the Simpson Medal for BOG- best individual performance at a Grand Final in any level, AFL or State.

I was at that game - an incredible last quarter by Souths against the breeze after trailing by 29 points early in the last quarter. Fond memories of the 1980 flag win too even though it was a bit of a blow out. What a shame Stephen Michael never played in the VFL - would have won a Brownlow or 2.

Need to track down a copy of that 97 grand final, David Hart got swung into the middle in that last quarter and kicked 2 fantastic goals to lead the charge to victory in his last game

last quater of the 2010 grand final.
I think the way Cox is progressing through the pre-season, along side a fresh Nic Nait...... will be damaging
Agree. :thumbsu:

Will be the best combo next year without a doubt.

I will be taking the nice odds of WCE making the eight.

WP - 23-17 = 155

def

SF - 07-09 = 51

Record winning margin

I was very young, but I was at that Grand Final barracking for South Fremantle.

I could not believe what was happening.
It was like a nightmare.
I was at the end very close to that guy DAY i think he was, going ballistic.

I had never seen one side dominate like that before and the other not show up.
It was quite shocking for my young mind to see that this was possible and humans could let it happen.

Think of the Children!!!!

Loved the 1985 flag for the Sharks. Went through the early part of the year (first 12 rounds from memory) undefeated, had a hiccup or two in the back part of the year but still looked likely to go a step further than 84', following a couple of years down the ladder after our 79' flag.

A side that contained names like Peake, Neesham, Alexander, Wrensted, Wilson, Lockyer, Browning, Harding, Kerr and a young Chris Mainwaring went into the GF as favourites, but Subiaco wouldn't go away. 5 points in it and the ball went forward for Subiaco. Siren went, but for what seemed like an eternity the game kept going. Eventually, relief.

Totally agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back