Do the West Coast Eagles win another game in 2023?

Do we win again this year ?

• Yes

Votes: 47 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 61 56.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Given the way things have gone this season, we’re an absolute soda to win more games before the end of the season……..how do I know? Well, our injuries have destroyed us, the pick we got from Port was looking good and now they’re top of the table. Culley was a shining light and did his acl, now we’re on the brink on having the number 1 selection so it goes without saying we probably clock up a few wins and end up with pick 4 or 5.

Given the way things have gone this season, we’re an absolute soda to win more games before the end of the season……..how do I know? Well, our injuries have destroyed us, the pick we got from Port was looking good and now they’re top of the table. Culley was a shining light and did his acl, now we’re on the brink on having the number 1 selection so it goes without saying we probably clock up a few wins and end up with pick 4 or 5.
No No No GIF

i think it is unlikely.A lot of if's.Having nearly all our best players back and in form with no injuries and playing the weakest teams which i think is a long shot.I think we can fluke one game at home but not two.I Don't like coming last or not winning nother game but am resigned that it is likely.
The pick opens up so many possiblities.We get the best player who may or may not be Reid or split the pick.It would be the only other win for the year.

If we do get players back fit & healthy I definitely see us winning more than 1 game.
Don't really have an interest in potentially missing out on Reid.
'Generational' talent is such a broad, overused term, potentially generational, fine.
Definitely go out to win, young boys will love it...it builds belief.
Harley Reid, whatever..get him, great!
Don't get him, all fine,...Hewitt is going to be the bloke that will have this board frothing is my prediction

LOL, You reckon a few wins from where we currently sit with 51% will jump us up to 15th or 14th on the ladder?
Even if the teams above us win 0 games for the rest of the year, we would need to win 4 more just to get above Hawks (considering we wont make up the % differential to jump them with 3 wins). Who are those 4 wins coming against?

Worst case scenario (from a draft perspective) is pick 2. And to be honest that's looking very very unlikely.

It'll be interesting to see how we go this weekend in Sydney. We've managed 100pt losses in WA, SA, and Tassie so far. Do it in NSW, then it's just Victoria and Queensland left for the clean sweep and a record of ineptitude that might stand forever. Exciting times!

It'll be interesting to see how we go this weekend in Sydney. We've managed 100pt losses in WA, SA, and Tassie so far. Do it in NSW, then it's just Victoria and Queensland left for the clean sweep and a record of ineptitude that might stand forever. Exciting times!

Swampthing already drafting his tweet up.

I expect us to beat North at Optus. That’s the only one I’d feel comfortable saying we are a red hot chance.

The optimistic part of me says Carlton at Marvel also a small chance…then I remember what team I support and the pessimistic side of me stands up and slaps the s**t out of my optimism to remind it of its place.

I have a feeling we'll get one more win and it will be a game no-one sees coming. Like Sydney at the SCG or Lions at the Gabba.
If that sort of win leads us to missing out on pick 1 then I'd kinda be okay with it... those types of wins are gold especially to the younger players.

If we beat North and then pinch either Adelaide or Richmond at home who might be out of finals contention and are down on intensity instead I'll be miffed.

If that sort of win leads us to missing out on pick 1 then I'd kinda be okay with it... those types of wins are gold especially to the younger players.

If we beat North and then pinch either Adelaide or Richmond at home who might be out of finals contention and are down on intensity instead I'll be miffed.
Nah, any win over Richmond is well worth it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a number of posters actively wanting us to 'win' the Spoon/not wanting to win another game this year. Wowsers.

There's a number of posters actively wanting us to 'win' the Spoon/not wanting to win another game this year. Wowsers.

Or alternatively they could be realistic to know we have been garbage for two years and aren’t suddenly going to start winning when the credits crew who have missed months of football suddenly waltz back into the side with no football behind them at any level.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Or alternatively they could be realistic to know we have been garbage for two years and aren’t suddenly going to start winning when the credits crew who have missed months of football suddenly waltz back into the side with no football behind them at any level.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That's different to actively wanting to lose. I would love a random victory before the year is out personally.

we can say now we won't win another game for the year.it is all about limiting losses.The hope of improving and winning games towards the end of the year is gonski with Waterman,Ryan playing no more part in the year and Yeo and Guv problematic.

Jayden Short will miss for the tigers, so we don't have to worry about him bombing goals from outside 50.
Loss to Bris, then the bounce back game against Ricgmond will do.

Back