Autopsy Round 19: Changes v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting in hindsight to see if this was a good deal or not
I certainly thought it was worth the risk at the time

I think it's a good deal, I'm no expert on the up coming draft, but I my understanding is that the top ten lacks forwards. Weiderman was the best forward in last year's draft it's not like we pulled a Lucas cook this time.

Not that it will make the players from GC 'try' harder, but this is definitely an incentive for them to win this game. The lower we finish on the ladder, the higher the pick for them. Would be amazing for them if they get our top 5 pick. Weideman looks ok, but Im not sure he's worth a top pick..
I think it will be a while to see what weiderman becomes, we're in a good position to feel not to rush him like watts. He's not a beast like Hogan so it's hard to tell but I think he'll turn out all right. As for gold coast I think they're in a win win. They can win and get a higher pick based on where we finish, or can lose and they could get a higher pick based on where they finish. Overall it doesn't affect them.

Weideman essentially didn't play at all last year, he's still skinny, and the last month or so has been terrible conditions for him in the VFL.

I don't want to wait for him for too long, but I'm not willing to make any judgements on him from just this year.

Just fizzling out a bit as the long season continues.
Is not a shadow of the player he was at the beginning of the year.
Will be better for it next year after a full pre season as will the Clarinet!

Could be the reason we start to see names like Garland pop up in the side to finish the year off. Older bodies that can handle a full season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm staggered by both ANB's demotion and AVB's selection. Honestly can't believe it.

I agree. ANB did nothing wrong last week. Needs a good run in the seniors as he's too good for VFL. Have to be careful we dont have another Scott Thompson issue here. I can see one of the SA teams gunning for him very soon. Kid has some serious potential.

As for AVB, he seems to be an automatic inclusion when fit. He's been very ordinary this year tbh. Would much rather ANB in the team against a weakened GC team. Give him a good run at it FFS!! Mind boggling some of these selection decisions.

I agree. ANB did nothing wrong last week. Needs a good run in the seniors as he's too good for VFL. Have to be careful we dont have another Scott Thompson issue here. I can see one of the SA teams gunning for him very soon. Kid has some serious potential.

As for AVB, he seems to be an automatic inclusion when fit. He's been very ordinary this year tbh. Would much rather ANB in the team against a weakened GC team. Give him a good run at it FFS!! Mind boggling some of these selection decisions.
I'm surprised by Nibbler out, but I have thought AVB went better when he's played this year than others on this board have rated him.

Ridiculously harsh on Neal-Bullen and very generous to vandenBurg. Not happy with this change. ANB gains nothing from being demoted, he's always destroying the VFL. Give ANB a solid run of 4 weeks in the team, guarantee he'll make the most of it and cement his spot.

Also I've been a big Matt Jones supporter this season, and v Eagles he had a great first half but was barely sighted in the second half, think he had about 4-5 touches. As a player in his late 20s in a young team I think the expectation needs to be on him to provide a bit of leadership and be present the whole game. Afterall, he's essentially keeping Grimes out of the team who actually is a leader.

I'm surprised by Nibbler out, but I have thought AVB went better when he's played this year than others on this board have rated him.
Agree 100%. Mightn't be getting 20+ and kicking 2, but his attack on the ball player has been savage and has regularly caused turn overs and prevented us conceding clearances. Gives us a physical advantage that we might not have with such a young team.

That being said, ANB is stiffer than a honeymooner

Yeah I like AVB in the team, he is a genuine enforcer and his impact can't be understated or quantified in stats
Nibbler very tough, unless he had a specific job he failed to do

I have to say the selections all year have laughed in the face of 'earning your spot' there is a clear preferred 22 no doubt about it

Dropping ANB makes no sense to me. I'd love to hear the coaches thoughts on it. There must be something.

The kid deserves to play out the rest of the year. His Casey form is outstanding all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back