Player Watch #4: Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This offer equals Norf's doesn't it? :D

North's boardmembers won't be happy. Lol

According to the article he hasn't presented any contracts to Richmond so not sure north have tabled one. It also mentions that $200K is barely worth moving due to how much they lose in tax ( $100K post tax).

Id think North would go a bit above a million though.

The article doesnt say much new does it? Still doesnt sound like it will be done until after finals...

They'll probably go 100 or 200k more if they have to. Anymore than that and they'll probably just let him go.

As the article points out, for the top players, leaving for less that 200K more isn't really worth it, so if we're offering $1M/year, then anyone else would need to offer $1.2M/yr just to be in the race.

According to the article he hasn't presented any contracts to Richmond so not sure north have tabled one. It also mentions that $200K is barely worth moving due to how much they lose in tax ( $100K post tax).

Id think North would go a bit above a million though.
Yep, what I meant though is that the rumours are North have signed off on giving the list managers $15million for both Kelly and Dusty. Us upping our offer to $1million per season for 6 years is probably not something they wanted to hear.

Yep, what I meant though is that the rumours are North have signed off on giving the list managers $15million for both Kelly and Dusty. Us upping our offer to $1million per season for 6 years is probably not something they wanted to hear.

Yeah makes sense.

I think the most a club offers is $1.5M and that's too much. Even if we go up to $1.25M you'd hope that's close enough to keep Dusty.

Yeah makes sense.

I think the most a club offers is $1.5M and that's too much. Even if we go up to $1.25M you'd hope that's close enough to keep Dusty.
A club offering $1.5m a year is moving into desperation territory, not sure even Norf would go there. Especially with Ben Brown coming out of contract next year who is good enough to be asking for almost $1m a season. There will be teams thinking of offering Ben Brown contracts next year and they're going to want to keep him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This offer seems both desperate and inadequate.
Except the rumours coming out of North is that the numbers they were going to offer Dusty were pretty much the same. We're just matching it. Probably going to come down to which one your team wants more.

Kelly for future success or Dusty for immediate success, not sure you'll get both.

No 100% sure but no more than 850k for Cotch and 750ish for Rance.

If Cotch is on 850 then he will re negotiate when its time and get closer to a mill. If Dusty is worth a mill then Cotch is worth 900k i would think. So not much of an insult there.
Rance is a FB....unfortunately for him he wont get that midfield money.

Last edited:
If Cotch is on 850 then he will re negotiate when its time and gwr closer to a mill. If Dusty is worth a mill then Cotch is worth 900k i would think. So not much of an insult there.
Yeah i know.It just graits me in regards too Rance and i know he said its not about money but IMO he,s our best player.

If Cotch is on 850 then he will re negotiate when its time and gwr closer to a mill. If Dusty is worth a mill then Cotch is worth 900k i would think. So not much of an insult there.
Cotch is signed to 2020 isn't he? Or is it 2019?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back