Injury Injury thread 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

How about the fact that he's not match fit so would be an increased chance of doing a soft tissue injury?

It's not like he's been sitting around for a year waiting for his knee to heal, I'd expect Nic's done some sort of training to keep up his fitness over the past year. Additionally, he actually looks more slimmer now then when he originally did his ACL, which does indicate he's been proactive.

Well there is a few things that I could think that I won't dare mention

You better not.

It's not like he's been sitting around for a year waiting for his knee to heal, I'd expect Nic's done some sort of training to keep up his fitness over the past year. Additionally, he actually looks more slimmer now then when he originally did his ACL, which does indicate he's been proactive.

You better not.
Fitness and match fit are not the same thing. There's a reason why guys coming back from long term injuries tend to come back on limited time through the wafl

Fitness and match fit are not the same thing. There's a reason why guys coming back from long term injuries tend to come back on limited time through the wafl

I realise that, but it's not like he has a history with soft tissue injuries. He's more likely to screw up his foot then pull a hammy.

Stoked we drafted a kid with foot problems given our history of successfully managing players with foot problems

We did a good with Wirrapanda and his early career foot problems.

It hasnt been a 100% failure rate.

He seems to be training still, which isn't as concerning. I'd be concerned if he was ruled and/or put under the knife. Let him train for a few more weeks, send him home a tad earlier for a longer break with family (he'd appreciate that) and get him ready for day one preseason. My initial expetation of hi was that he'd play as HFF/mid for a few years before transitioning into the middle. Now that we are in a rebuild phase, i want him to come in and play midfield from day one. In that case i want him to be fit and complete a full preseason and build a tank enough t play as an inside mid.

So what's happened to Willie? He's off the injury list but haven't heard a peep about him.

Is he playing in the WAFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what's happened to Willie? He's off the injury list but haven't heard a peep about him.

Is he playing in the WAFL?

Kicked four goals and set up a few others on the weekend in limited gametime in his first senior game for months. Played three weeks in reserves before that.

Club has a highlights vid on the website.

Kicked four goals and set up a few others on the weekend in limited gametime in his first senior game for months. Played three weeks in reserves before that.

Club has a highlights vid on the website.

Ah, thanks.

Sounds like he is coming on good then.

If he keeps the form up I wouldn't be sad to see him come in vs the Crows.

I honestly can't remember the last time I gave a toast to our medicos, but here goes...

Great ******* job on JK's calf! He was out longer than we wanted but has been in absolutely ripping form since his return without a hint of continuing niggle/soreness, or even lack of fitness. Great treatment program.

Now hopefully continue on with that trend and stop ******* up our players' recovery from injury e.g. Lycett, Rioli, Venables

I honestly can't remember the last time I gave a toast to our medicos, but here goes...

Great ******* job on JK's calf! He was out longer than we wanted but has been in absolutely ripping form since his return without a hint of continuing niggle/soreness, or even lack of fitness. Great treatment program.

Now hopefully continue on with that trend and stop ******* up our players' recovery from injury e.g. Lycett, Rioli, Venables

And according to Simmo he is not fully 100% fit yet. Guy is a machine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back