Universal Love Welcome Sam Gibson :)

Remove this Banner Ad

the ****?

We really are going all in

We didn’t need rockliff but we need this big bodied ball butcher?

Oh well I guess it can’t hurt

The difference is Rockliff is a terrible bloke and Gibson is a great team man.

Gibson is better than Mackay, so as long as they're never in the team at the same time it'll be a good result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think he'll play alot more footy than you guys are saying. Will be best 22 once injuries hit.
Been a good footballer at North. Think he'll do you guys well. Can't hurt for a nothing pick.
Was always of the opinion you guys needed to bolster your midfield and Gibbs & Gibson are good pickups to push for a premiership

Next stop Hawthorn re Puopolo? ;)

Sams a pretty solid journeyman and adds depth, if he wasnt OOC he would have played on at NMFC next year, once you accept that occasionally he will spray a kick 3 rows OOTF its not a bad outcome for a pick in the 90s.

oh and you get a pretty nice WAG with him ;)

Last edited:
I didn't realise that his numbers over the last couple years were as good as they are

Pyke obviously wanting to have more natural mids running through the midfield instead of using flanker types

Best of luck to Gibbo.

He is an elite runner, elite trainer and a very genuine fella. At worst he is going to be very valuable in a leadership/training standards role for the younger guys. He has had an incredibly good run with injury and I can't see anything that would suggest this wont continue.

Can play a role on as a running winger or alternatively he can tighten up on a player. He has done some terrific shutdown jobs for us over the years.

His kicking can be a little hit and miss but it has vastly improved over the last 2 seasons compared to earlier on in his career. He is particularly good in front of goal when given the chance!

Wish him nothing but success with you guys!

Depth. Happy to have you Sam. From the interviews i've heard with him, he sounds like a true professional and will be good for the overall squad. If he gets into the side, that's a win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back